Microsoft Developer Intern Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Microsoft Developer Intern Interview Questions

3.2

Software Development Engineer Intern Interview

Application

I applied through a recruiter. I interviewed at Microsoft.

Interview

I gave my resume to college recruiter. Invited to attend a what to expect during the interview meeting. Then given an on campus interview the day after. The interviewer was a developer from Redmond. This was round one of process. I was told round two and three would be at Redmond.

Interview Questions

• There were behavioral questions and some technical questions. The one technical question I remembered was N-queens problem.   Answer Question

Software Development Engineer Intern Interview

Interview

Basically just received an email that told me to schedule an interview time. I did and signed up for a phone interview. A week later, I completed a phone interview. We talked about responsibilities of the position, and then went into the technical questions. I was asked a basic sorting question, then asked to describe my preferred search algorithm. All pretty straightforward.

Interview Questions

• Describe how you would install and configure a router for a home network?   Answer Question

Interview

I applied online and received interview after 2 weeks

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Redmond, WA

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at Microsoft (Redmond, WA).

Interview

A phone interview after 3 weeks of applying.

Interview Questions

• Prepare data structures - array, list, linked list, binary tree, hash maps, etc   Answer Question

Software Development Intern Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at Microsoft.

Interview

Did not make it past the first round of phone interviews

Interview Questions

• The questions were really logic based and out of the ordinary. They really just want to see how you think.   Answer Question

Software Development Engineer Intern Interview

Interview

Had a 30 min phone interview mainly about my coursework and project. Its been almost 4 weeks now and I have not heard from them regarding my result. I have emailed the HR about 5-6 times and she has not even answered once. This puts a big doubt about Microsoft's hiring process. It appears that they do not value people's time. With the HR not replying, I do not know how to know my result. I have not had such an experience with any other company.

Software Developer Intern Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Microsoft.

Interview

This was a campus interview and lasted for 45 mins. He asked me two questions -
    1) Delete a node in sorted singly linked list (with proper garbage collection)
    2) Find number of set bits in an integer or any word

After that it was few mins of behavioral interview in which he asked about my past work ex and toughest bug faced and related experience.

Interview Questions

• Delete a node in sorted singly linked list - Although it was easy but I made few silly mistakes and covered edge cases after he pointed out.   Answer Question

Software Development Intern Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at Microsoft.

Interview

I got call from the career fair in the university. The initial criteria was just some technical questions to filter out students. Next round was on campus interview.

Interview Questions

• In starting they ask about your projects, your work experience and academics. Then they ask technical questions which is mostly about trees, strings , hashmap and other data structure.   Answer Question

Software Development Engineer Intern Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Microsoft.

Interview

Applied online on October. Got informed from HR on January. Then had a non technical HR phone screen. I did't get through this interview.
    There are two portions for this interview.
    First are some typical behavioral questions. Describe the hardest project, etc. And there are some weird questions like what's the most number of lines of code you've written in one project. What's a language that you are most familiar with.
    Then the brain teaser question. The nine ball question. It's everywhere online.

Interview Questions

• What's the most number of lines of code you've written in one project?   Answer Question

Software Development Intern Interview

Application

I applied through a recruiter. I interviewed at Microsoft.

Interview

Gave resume to recruiter. Got contacted for an interview.

Interview Questions

• Find the sublist with the greatest sum in linear time   2 Answers