Microsoft Internship Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Microsoft Internship Interview Questions

Updated Mar 15, 2017

3.1

Internship Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at Microsoft.

Interview

Was contacted by a recruiter to set up a technical interview. The phone interview lasted 45min. There was a mix of puzzles, technical concepts, and behavioral questions. I felt like i answered the questions well but was not moved on to the next round.

Interview Questions

• Puzzle about weights and figuring out the heaviest of 9 balls.   1 Answer

Internship Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Microsoft.

Interview

dont remember applying I applied to microsoft explore in the summer ang got an email that said to sign up for a time slot around the August for a phone or skype interview

Interview Questions

• Q: describe how a computer works to a 5 year old
      Q: how would you organize a line of people(they were looking for a data structure i.e binary tree)
      1 Answer

Better offer somewhere else

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Seattle, WA

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Microsoft (Seattle, WA) in October 2016.

Interview

Moderately hard. The questions were fair but difficult. They help you work through them but expected alot form you as well. I think overall it was a great process. Plus they paid for the trip which was awesome.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Seattle, WA

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at Microsoft (Seattle, WA) in March 2016.

Interview

Got contacted by a recruiter through Linkedin. Applied through Microsoft webpage and also sent my cv to the recruiter (it was requested by him). Got a phone interview about 2 weeks later, they did not ask any personal questions, only about my previous experience and projects. Seemed to be really interested in my bachelor project, she made a lot of questions about it. Then a brain teaser which I failed, she did not seem to care too much, just explained the answer to me. Then she allowed me to ask her questions and she answered them in detail. Really nice, pleasant interview. She told me they will contact me in 3 weeks.

Anonymous Employee in Los Angeles, CA

Application

I applied through an employee referral. I interviewed at Microsoft (Los Angeles, CA) in December 2015.

Interview

Phone interview: asked me what was my favorite technology and how I would improve it, and about my classes and why I liked computer science. They also asked me a simple riddle.

Interview Questions

• They asked me the apples & oranges in 3 baskets riddle.   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at Microsoft (New York, NY) in October 2015.

Interview

Had an on-campus interview scheduled after the career fair. Didn't hear back from them. Seems like they ran out of interview slots to schedule people. They shouldn't have conducted the first interview in that case.

Interview Questions

• Given two strings, count how many times one string appears in the second string.   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Seattle, WA

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Microsoft (Seattle, WA) in October 2015.

Interview

Was given a phone interview that was mainly behavioral based, but was also asked some simple programming questions just to get a general idea of what I know. My recruiter got back to me saying that I would be getting an on-site interview. Was put on a random team for an interview, and was given four interviews over the course of four hours.

Internship Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Microsoft in February 2015.

Interview

I applied through my university.

I went through two different interviews, each 45 minutes long and really close together.
    They both ask you the typical interview questions and they both focus on your resume.

Both interviewers were incredibly nice. They both try to push you in the right direction without giving away any answers or even partial solution. You need to seem genuinely interested, and for the most part, you actually will be! Don't be afraid to ask questions, don't be afraid to ask for input, but never expect a solution.

I won't post any of the technical questions they asked since it's a lot better to train yourself for the possibilities instead of specifics. In general, I got asked questions that were super easy to wrap your head around, but had many possible solutions which could be easy or hard, depending on the route you might of wanted to take.

Internship Interview

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 5 weeks. I interviewed at Microsoft in January 2015.

Interview

A Microsoft recruiter contacted me, prompting me to apply for their internship program. I submitted my information, and I was contacted again within 2 weeks to set up a phone interview. The phone interview went great; the interviewer was upbeat and awesome. At the end of the interview, he told me I was great, and he thought I would fit in great at Microsoft, and that he looked forward to meeting me in person. Three weeks later, I received a generic rejection letter from a do not reply email address. The experience would have been perfectly fine if the interviewer did not state things he could not follow through with.

Internship Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Microsoft.

Interview

Got a call through career fair. I then set up a phone interview with them. Questions were all basic regarding my previous projects and ended with a brain teaser. My answers seemed pretty convincing.,but, then got a mail from them a week later rejection mail.

Interview Questions

• Nothing much. Asked few questions which were already put up on Glassdoor.   Answer Question