Microsoft Internship Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Microsoft Internship Interview Questions

Updated Oct 17, 2017

123 Candidate Interview ReviewsBack to all Interviews

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at Microsoft.

Interview

It was a brief and pleasant 30 minute in person interview. The interviewer was furiously taking notes while asking me questions, but the interview questions were easy. A couple of standard behavioral questions and one technical question.

Software Engineer(Internship) Interview

Interview

Applied online, had an on campus interview. Total 30 min in interview. 10 min of talk, 15 min of problem solving, 5 min of questions. Interviewer was friendly, thought felt 15 min was little short to solve and implement the problem.

Software Engineer(Internship) Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Microsoft.

Interview

Phone screen, then was invited to interview at Redmond. Total interview ran for about 4 hours, had 4 face to face interviews. Question difficulty was around medium on leetcode.

Internship Interview

Application

I applied through a recruiter. I interviewed at Microsoft.

Interview

After a phone screen I was invited to participate in an on-site interview for a summer internship. The process was a full day event 9am-5pm, and I actually ended up missing my return flight home from Redmond. I went through 4 interviews, where 1 was combined with a lunch interview. At the end I met with the hiring manager, where I made a silly mistake on a whiteboard problem because I was so exhausted. I found out 3 days later that I did not make the cut for the internship.

Interview Questions

• Stuff you can easily google about ASCII, which is lame that you have to have that sort of trivia memorized   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Saint Louis, MO

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Microsoft (Saint Louis, MO) in October 2017.

Interview

Participated in a first-round interview on a college campus, followed by multiple successive rounds. Some candidates received a phone screening before their first-round interview. The on campus interview involved whiteboarding a coding problem and answering background questions relevant to each applicant.

Interview Questions

• How do you print out the elements of a singly-linked list in reverse order?   Answer Question

Internship Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Microsoft in October 2017.

Interview

I applied online and a recruiter contacted me to set up an interview. It was a 30 minute phone interview where they asked me all sorts of questions of why I chose Microsoft and what I'm looking for in the internship. Then they asked me some techinal questions. They then contacted me a week later with an offer.

Anonymous Employee in Redmond, WA

Application

The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Microsoft (Redmond, WA) in October 2017.

Interview

Got contacted for an early screening which was a 30 minute phone call. 2 Months later I was flown to Redmond for four back to back 45 minute interviews. On the second day after the interview, I was contacted by phone and received an offer.

Interview Questions

• A brainteaser and some basic behavioral questions in the phone call.   Answer Question
    • 1 algorithm question and 3 questions that were a mix of algorithms, scalability and system design.   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Austin, TX

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Microsoft (Austin, TX) in October 2017.

Interview

Applied through Career Fair on university campus. Got contacted the next week for an in person interview on my school's campus. Interview was 45 minutes long, first 40 minutes coding and last 5 minutes were reserved for candidate questions.

Interview Questions

• Given a string, sort the string by the type of character (abbcba -> aabbbc)   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chapel Hill, NC

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took a week. I interviewed at Microsoft (Chapel Hill, NC) in October 2017.

Interview

Interview started a bit late. Walked into the room and began chatting with the interviewer. Seemed like a nice guy. We talked for a bit about my background, with questions asked about several items listed on my Resume. Then we moved on to 'technical' questions. The interview process was enjoyable and the questions were reasonable. Don't know if an offer will be given yet or not.

Interview Questions

• How would you efficiently store a tic-tac-toe board in memory?   Answer Question
    • What's the difference between a thread and a process?   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Phoenix, AZ

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Microsoft (Phoenix, AZ) in October 2017.

Interview

Got an email a couple weeks after career fair saying they wanted to interview me. It was a 30 minute in-person, 1v1 interview on campus (this was today).

The whole interview was "Tell me about yourself", do this 20 minute coding problem, and "do you have any questions for me?" Needless to say, not what I was expecting. No behavioral questions at all. Just those three that I mentioned above.

Interview Questions

• Given two single-linked lists, one merges into the other at a random node. Find the node where the two lists merge.   Answer Question