Microsoft Management Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Updated Feb 3, 2017

3.1

Program Management Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Berkeley, CA

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took a week. I interviewed at Microsoft (Berkeley, CA) in September 2016.

Interview

I dropped my resume at an infosession of Microsoft on campus. They contacted me a few days later and scheduled an on campus interview.
    The interview was with a Microsoft VP and consisted mostly of behavioural questions related to the role I was applying for. I was asked a question that I should solve on whiteboard.

Interview Questions

• What would you do if you have a product launch scheduled in two weeks and have major bugs in your software.   1 Answer

Project Management Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Redmond, WA

Application

I applied through other source. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Microsoft (Redmond, WA) in August 2016.

Interview

I did not have to interview for this position as it was an internship. I did have a meet and great with my management. They laid out expectations, and really focused on my goals for my time there.

Interview Questions

• What are my goals coming in?   1 Answer

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Microsoft.

Interview

It was the first interview. Generally interviewer asked behavioral type of questions like my strengths, weakness, why i want this job,my goals etc. Interviewer asked me technical questions about my recent project too.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about the optimization model that you design for your project?   Answer Question

Supply Chain Management Interview

Anonymous Employee in Los Angeles, CA

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Microsoft (Los Angeles, CA) in September 2015.

Interview

I applied on campus info session, and get interviewed by on campus recruiter. Then I was invited to Redmond, WA, to the final interview. The recruiter asked me several behavioral questions.

Director of Strategy & Portfolio Management Interview

Anonymous Employee in Redmond, WA

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took a week. I interviewed at Microsoft (Redmond, WA).

Interview

Interview was structured , loop (4 people from different perspectives such as people skills, technical skills etc.. and 5th person was interview lead & decision maker). All day interview, overall good experience.

Interview Questions

• What are some investment criteria you've applied in the past?
      How large was your portfolio of investments?
      Did you have a framework for making investment decisions?
      What is the best approach you've used to help leaders align corporate strategies to IT strategies?
      Answer Question

Operations Management MBA Interview

Anonymous Employee in Fort Lauderdale, FL

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at Microsoft (Fort Lauderdale, FL) in February 2015.

Interview

Total of 9 interviews in a very expedited process. Started with a phone screen, followed by 4 30 minutes interviews back-to-back on the office where I wanted to work, and then 4 more 30 minutes interviews back-to-back in the Operations center in Reno, Nevada.

The interviews where mostly behavioral, S.T.A.R stories, expectations and contributions.

All the interviewers where very nice and open to answer any types of questions I had.

Interview Questions

• Why would you be a good fit for this position?   Answer Question
    • What contributions do you consider you can bring to the company?   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Redmond, WA

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Microsoft (Redmond, WA) in September 2014.

Interview

A friend referred me for an internship opportunity. After a phone screen, they flew me out to Redmond to interview for the PM intern position. I went through 4 or 5 rounds of interviews and they emailed me the offer the next day.

Product Management Director Interview

Anonymous Employee in Redmond, WA

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Microsoft (Redmond, WA) in May 2014.

Interview

If coming from outside the company, it starts with a phone interview. If you pass that screening, you may be asked to attend a phone screen with the hiring manager or scheduled for interviews. The interviews are generally one on ones. There are typically at least 4 different people and then someone at the end who has the final say.

Anonymous Employee in Boston, MA

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Microsoft (Boston, MA) in April 2014.

Interview

I applied online and was contacted by a technical recruiter from west coast. This was followed by telephonic interview with the recruiter as well as couple of hiring managers. Post which I was asked to appear for an in person interview in the east coast where I got an opportunity to meet the engineering team members and I managed to get through

Interview Questions

• Not many unexpected questions if you are well aware of the technicalities, business model and engineering processes   Answer Question

Product Management Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at Microsoft in April 2014.

Interview

It was through on-campus recruiting at my school, so the interviewer was talking to a large number of students over the course of the day. He was incredibly nice, though, and very willing to answer questions. The general position I applied for was in the engineering track, and from there you could be placed into Software Development, Software Development in Test, or Product Management. He asked which I was most leaning towards (PM), and then my questions were geared toward that.
    We talked about what kinds of classes I had taken and what experience I had had, pretty typical interview stuff, before the real "product management focused" questions.

Interview Questions

• How would you design a remote control for an air conditioner?   Answer Question