Microsoft Manager Interview Questions | Glassdoor

3.3

1,299 Candidate Interview ReviewsBack to all Interviews

Customer Success Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Fargo, ND

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Microsoft (Fargo, ND) in August 2017.

Interview

I submitted my resume and was contacted by someone in recruiting within 30 minutes of submission.
    I had a pre-screen phone conversation about 2 days later. I was asked to come onsite for an interview blitz the next month.
    These interviews are a little different than the standard - if you get 4 interviews at microsoft you did well. Everyone received two interviews.
    I hadn't heard back so about a week later I followed up with recruiting. I was informed that within this group if you don't hear back right away it's actually good news (they reach out to the no's withing one or two days of the interview). It takes a while to process and get back to the yes's. I am still negotiating the terms of employment now.

Program Manager Interview

Interview

Flew out to Seattle, stayed at a nice hotel, was picked up and taken to MSFT HQ. Fed a tasty breakfast with hot coffee. Went through 4 back to back interviews:
    * coding problem -- outline a function for testing whether a string is a palindrome
    * behavioral interview
    * design a competitor to Google Nest
    * estimate how many tennis balls would fit in a submarine

All the interviewers were exceptionally friendly, the end-to-end process was smooth and simple, and they expedited results the next day!

Interview Questions

• Estimate how many tennis balls would fit in a submarine   Answer Question

Solutions Manager Interview

Application

I applied through an employee referral. I interviewed at Microsoft.

Interview

I applied through a small consulting firm. I interviewed with the President of the company over the phone, then came in for an in person interview a few days later. I was introduced to the team and within a week, I was offered a position.

Interview Questions

• What is your experience in Project Management and Business Analyst? Why do you think you'd be a good candidate?   Answer Question

Supportability Program Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Redmond, WA

Application

I applied through an employee referral. I interviewed at Microsoft (Redmond, WA) in June 2017.

Interview

I was an Employee Referral, and the recruiting process was pretty painless for me. I was able to work with a Recruiter, and got an interview all within a week. It ended up being a whole day event, but with several breaks in between, as they have changed their loop process. Three interviewers, all at different times. One was to figure out how I thought, one was to figure out what processes I know about, and one was to see how I would fit culture wise.

Interview Questions

• If you were to propose a completely new device/item/product, that no one else has ever created, how would you provide justification for moving forward with it?   Answer Question

Senior Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Seattle, WA

Application

I applied through a recruiter. I interviewed at Microsoft (Seattle, WA).

Interview

The interview process lasted 4 months. I had 4 phone interviews and an in person all day interview with 4 people in their Seattle office. I was asked typical interview questions in all occasions. After this process, I wished the interview phase was quite shorter and more communication to the candidate

Finance Manager Interview

Interview

First a phone call with a recruiter and then on-site interviews with 4-5 people on the same day, one hour each. The last round was usually with the highest level interviewer, but schedule may vary.

Senior Program Manager Interview

Anonymous Employee in Redmond, WA

Application

I applied through an employee referral. I interviewed at Microsoft (Redmond, WA) in May 2017.

Interview

Found a great position online and had a referral put me in touch with the hiring manager. 1 phone interview and was then called for a loop on-site. The recruiters and logistic coordinators were awesome and were in touch throughout the process. The loop comprised of 6 interviewers - the final one being an as-app one with an executive. The first interview was a technical design one with a lot of white boarding and back and forth QnA. The next few ones focused more on product design and behavioral. There was also a 90 minute lunch interview with the hiring manager which was probably the toughest of the lot -- A lot of probing and testing to see how I could handle ambiguity and managing confidential information. The final few interviews of the day were more relaxed and focused more on my experience and how my skills were transferable to the position. I was contacted by the recruiter by the time I reached my hotel and was told the team was excited to have me on board. Overall a very smooth process and I was very motivated to accept the offer as soon as it came.

Senior Privacy Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Bellevue, WA

Application

I applied through other source. I interviewed at Microsoft (Bellevue, WA) in May 2017.

Interview

I met with the hiring manager before the job was posted. After it was posted, I worked directly with the recruiter to arrange travel and an interview schedule. I had several phone interviews, but only one in-person interview.
    After an on-campus lunch, I met with the hiring manager who told me the interview structure required the process to stop if any interviewers had hesitation. One person was unsure if I was the right fit for the role, which stopped the process.
    I was given good feedback concerning my interview and responses, and will use the advice during future interviews.

Interview Questions

• What would you do if you received a suspicious email?   1 Answer

Business Program Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Redmond, WA

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Microsoft (Redmond, WA) in May 2017.

Interview

Applied online and was contacted by email to fly in for the interview without any phone screening. Interview process was with 5 people, went over resume in detail, which I believe went well.
    After that I was emailing recruiter every week, each time I was told that other candidates are being screened. Then recruiter started ignoring me and finally 5 weeks later, I was told that offer is being extended to somebody else.
    I wish there was a better communication, as 5 weeks for the results seems excessive.

Talent Sourcing Manager Interview

Interview

phone interviews with three directors, usually it is a phone interview with HM first then "loop" in person with the HM and their peers. Process may be different depending on the level and the role.

Interview Questions

• what are you doing to help grow people   1 Answer