Microsoft Principal Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Updated Jul 17, 2017

3.3

28 Candidate Interview ReviewsBack to all Interviews

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Redmond, WA

Application

I applied online. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at Microsoft (Redmond, WA) in January 2017.

Interview

it is tough but smooth overall, it takes a couple of hours to finish and at the end, really exhausted to answer any more questions,it is tough but smooth overall, it takes a couple of hours to finish and at the end, really exhausted to answer any more questions

Interview Questions

• traveral a tree in different ways   1 Answer

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Bellevue, WA

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 days. I interviewed at Microsoft (Bellevue, WA) in January 2017.

Interview

Applied online got a call from HR(who was pretty professional and nice) and was scheduled for an interview in 2 days. I immediately had a feeling that the interviewer was absolutely not interested in either conducting the interview or had already made up his mind not to select the candidate. He asked me a very basic question, which I did in 40mins with test case and all but it is now a m9nth and have not heard back from them. The HR should have at least had the courtesy to give a feedback. I suggest having two or more people on the phone interview panel so that people can not manipulate the process of hiring talented and hardworking candidates.

Senior Principal Consultant Interview

Application

I applied in-person. I interviewed at Microsoft.

Interview

It good a time. It had multiple questions that were hard but they kept it short and simple. Overall a good process and would like to do it again.It good a time. It had multiple questions that were hard but they kept it short and simple. Overall a good process and would like to do it again

Interview Questions

• It good a time. It had multiple questions that were hard but they kept it short and simple. Overall a good process and would like to do it again   1 Answer

Principal Program Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Redmond, WA

Application

I applied through an employee referral. I interviewed at Microsoft (Redmond, WA) in September 2016.

Interview

4-5 people were asking questions on design, behavior and technicality, such as: how to deal with a team which is not delivering their parts. Design a shared folder in the cloud.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Seattle, WA

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Microsoft (Seattle, WA) in March 2016.

Interview

Submitted my resume through microsoft website. Recruiter called in after 2-3 weeks. It was an hour long interview. We spoke about my resume and skillset. never got back again. emailed him after a week, but was ignored.

Interview Questions

• general questions about the resume. previous project, what do i want to work on and my skillset.   Answer Question

Senior/Principal Program Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Redmond, WA

Application

I applied through other source. The process took 3 days. I interviewed at Microsoft (Redmond, WA) in July 2015.

Interview

Meet with 4 principal program managers. I had f2f meetings with 4 different principal program managers and each one in different discipline in the OSG. They explored my interest and tested my knowledge in the subject matter. One of the person who i had contacted took me to lunch and talked to me about the process and expectations in the company.

Interview Questions

• technical questions, and hypothetical solutions and my experience.
      One of the question was if a customer said that their internet browser IE is slow, how I would go about fixing this.   1 Answer

Principal Program Manager Security Interview

Application

I applied through other source. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at Microsoft.

Interview

I was approached by Microsoft recruiter and after several email and phone discussions, a video interview is scheduled with the Director. The Director cancelled out at the last minute and had to reschedule. During the interview, the Director seems to be not interested on my technical and processes skillset, but how I can "fight the battle" with other teams for ensuring they follow Microsoft security protocol. It seems to me that she is looking for someone to fight HER battle.

After the interview, I heard nothing from the recruiter. No email. If I didn't get the job, that's OK, just send me an email courtesy. I was expecting a much more professional recruiting process from a company like Microsoft, but it is actually worst than other much smaller companies I have interviewed with.

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Microsoft.

Interview

It was a typical MS interview process, though I knew the hiring manager, so was probably a bit more relaxed than some. I had 6 one hour interviews over the course of one day, mostly focused on team leadership and operational excellence. My past experience was a good match for the position, and overall team fit was good, so it ended up being a very positive experience, and good outcome.

Interview Questions

• Most difficult question was around expanding view of service management to the consumer space, and how to think about typical ITIL type theory on a consumer level.   Answer Question

Principal Researcher Interview

Anonymous Employee in Redmond, WA

Application

I applied through an employee referral. I interviewed at Microsoft (Redmond, WA).

Interview

These positions are industry lab research positions with qualifications similar to university research positions. Two days of back-to-back interviews with other researchers, most of whom are in your research are, some who are not.

Interview Questions

• It's not difficult, but many people will ask why leave academia for Microsoft?   Answer Question

Negotiation

Negotiation entirely with hiring manager and recruiter.

Principal Enterprise Strategist Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 5+ months. I interviewed at Microsoft.

Interview

Multiple phone screens plus two in-person interviews over the course of five months. An extremely long and arduous process with little to no communication. Applied online directly through MS recruiting and was quickly contacted by 3rd party recruiter. Next step was three phone screens over the course of two months which then led to in-person round deemed "finals". Three weeks after "finals" I was told there would be another round. Weeks later another "finals" round was scheduled in-person. After this there was radio silence for almost 6 weeks despite reaching out to my contacts twice. On the last attempt was told requirements for the role changed and therefore I no longer was a tight fit despite being a "top-tier" candidate.

Interview Questions

• There were no difficult or unexpected questions. Very casual interviews.   Answer Question