Microsoft Principal Architect Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Microsoft Principal Architect Interview Questions

3 Candidate Interview ReviewsBack to all Interviews

Anonymous Employee in Redmond, WA

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at Microsoft (Redmond, WA) in January 2008.

Interview

All day onsite interview after two phone interviews. The onsite interview included PM's, developers, and management. They constantly IM one another during and after each interview segment to determine overall suitability of candidate. If at any time they vote you out, they short circuit the interview and send you home. If you make it to the end of the day, you typically meet with the GM so they can "wow" you with how important you are to the company, etc...

Interview Questions

• Explain the difference between HA and DR configurations. When would you decide to use each?   Answer Question
    • Explain the difference between a physical and logical database diagram.   Answer Question

Negotiation

I was able to negotiate the salary, bonus, stock, and relocation benefits. At first Microsoft told me they didn't take into account the increased cost of living in Seattle but after further negotiations they increased the overall offer to suit my needs.

Principal Architect Interview

Anonymous Employee in Ottawa, ON (Canada)

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at Microsoft (Ottawa, ON (Canada)) in January 2016.

Interview

Technical depth. Had several scenarios that you had to identify how you'd solve based on customer requirements and issues. Not one size fits all but why you would select one approach over another.

Principal Architect Interview

Anonymous Employee in Brussels (Belgium)

Application

I applied through a staffing agency. I interviewed at Microsoft (Brussels (Belgium)).

Interview

Assez long, screening HR, premier interview HR, puis plusieurs interviews contenus avant de revenir pour deux derniers interviews pour négocier salaire et avantage. Assez long dans l'ensemble avec des périodes sans nouvelles. Les différents interviews permettent de rencontrer différentes personnes de différents départements afin de se faire une idée de la société et de sa structure.

Interview Questions

• Décrire la vue et la position de Microsoft sur la marché et vis-à-vis de la concurrence, points forts et faibles des solutions, comment s'intégrer, quelle est le parcours précédent, pourquoi changer et pourquoi Microsoft, ......   Answer Question