Microsoft Program Manager Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Updated Oct 19, 2017

3.4

631 Candidate Interview ReviewsBack to all Interviews

Program Manager Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at Microsoft.

Interview

Campus recruiter offered me an interview the following week we met during the career fair. The on-campus interview was half an hour long with a mix of behavioral, technical and product design questions.

Interview Questions

• How would you identify the last number of a linked list that has no null value at the end which points somewhere in between   1 Answer

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Bellevue, WA

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Microsoft (Bellevue, WA).

Interview

Series of 1:1 interviews at different office locations throughout the day. Some very friendly conversations, others were more challenging and definitely felt like a test. Was a little confusing trying to figure out my next location without a chaperone.

Interview Questions

• How would you go about estimating the number of gas stations in the USA?   Answer Question

Program Manager Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at Microsoft.

Interview

It was a first round interview--30 minutes long in person. Combination of behavioral and technical. What you would expect on the behavioral end--challenges, successes, handle disagreements, etc.. Technical was finding a palindrome in a string followed by how to implement a stack (which was worded confusingly so ask clarifying questions!) Haven't heard back yet.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Columbus, OH

Application

I applied through an employee referral. I interviewed at Microsoft (Columbus, OH) in September 2017.

Interview

1st Round Campus Interview so far. Have not heard back, it has been about a week. Interviewer was a bit emotionless, hard to gauge what he was thinking. Offered no advice during technical question.

Interview Questions

• Invert the words of a sentence in a string.   2 Answers

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Jose, CA

Application

I applied through an employee referral. I interviewed at Microsoft (San Jose, CA) in September 2017.

Interview

Micorsoft program manager is actually the product manager position. Two phone interviews before onsite. It was a little bit surprise to me that MS is looking for very technical product manager with a need of being able to write code and do the system design.

Interview Questions

• How would you explain Cloud to your grandma?   1 Answer

Program Manager Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at Microsoft in September 2017.

Interview

On campus, sat down in a room and was asked about my resume. Then two technical questions. Only half an hour total. Heard back a month later to schedule an on-site interview. Great practice for my first interview.

Interview Questions

• Write a function that returns how many digits are in a number.   Answer Question
    • Write a function that determines if a string or char array is a palindrome. What if I said ignore case? What if I said ignore space?   Answer Question

Program Manager Interview

Interview

Flew out to Seattle, stayed at a nice hotel, was picked up and taken to MSFT HQ. Fed a tasty breakfast with hot coffee. Went through 4 back to back interviews:
    * coding problem -- outline a function for testing whether a string is a palindrome
    * behavioral interview
    * design a competitor to Google Nest
    * estimate how many tennis balls would fit in a submarine

All the interviewers were exceptionally friendly, the end-to-end process was smooth and simple, and they expedited results the next day!

Interview Questions

• Estimate how many tennis balls would fit in a submarine   Answer Question

Supportability Program Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Redmond, WA

Application

I applied through an employee referral. I interviewed at Microsoft (Redmond, WA) in June 2017.

Interview

I was an Employee Referral, and the recruiting process was pretty painless for me. I was able to work with a Recruiter, and got an interview all within a week. It ended up being a whole day event, but with several breaks in between, as they have changed their loop process. Three interviewers, all at different times. One was to figure out how I thought, one was to figure out what processes I know about, and one was to see how I would fit culture wise.

Interview Questions

• If you were to propose a completely new device/item/product, that no one else has ever created, how would you provide justification for moving forward with it?   Answer Question

Senior Program Manager Interview

Anonymous Employee in Redmond, WA

Application

I applied through an employee referral. I interviewed at Microsoft (Redmond, WA) in May 2017.

Interview

Found a great position online and had a referral put me in touch with the hiring manager. 1 phone interview and was then called for a loop on-site. The recruiters and logistic coordinators were awesome and were in touch throughout the process. The loop comprised of 6 interviewers - the final one being an as-app one with an executive. The first interview was a technical design one with a lot of white boarding and back and forth QnA. The next few ones focused more on product design and behavioral. There was also a 90 minute lunch interview with the hiring manager which was probably the toughest of the lot -- A lot of probing and testing to see how I could handle ambiguity and managing confidential information. The final few interviews of the day were more relaxed and focused more on my experience and how my skills were transferable to the position. I was contacted by the recruiter by the time I reached my hotel and was told the team was excited to have me on board. Overall a very smooth process and I was very motivated to accept the offer as soon as it came.

Business Program Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Redmond, WA

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Microsoft (Redmond, WA) in May 2017.

Interview

Applied online and was contacted by email to fly in for the interview without any phone screening. Interview process was with 5 people, went over resume in detail, which I believe went well.
    After that I was emailing recruiter every week, each time I was told that other candidates are being screened. Then recruiter started ignoring me and finally 5 weeks later, I was told that offer is being extended to somebody else.
    I wish there was a better communication, as 5 weeks for the results seems excessive.