Microsoft Senior Product Marketing Manager Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Microsoft Senior Product Marketing Manager Interview Questions

Updated Mar 3, 2017

3.2

Senior Product Marketing Manager Interview

Application

I applied through an employee referral. I interviewed at Microsoft.

Interview

Here's my experience with Microsoft: I was contacted by recruiting, and after a 30 minutes phone conversation, the recruiter told me she was going to have me come in for interviews. We even discussed compensation, benefits, etc. so she really got my hopes up. Then I waited...After almost 2 weeks, I sent an e-mail to the recruiter to follow up. She responded she was sorry for the delay and that she would get back to me very soon. I waited another week, and sent her another e-mail. This time no response from her. I waited another 3 days, and this time I sent an e-mail to the hiring manager (I had met with him previously for an informational). He then responds he just filled the position, and tells me he is sorry the interview loop didn't happen. Totally unprofessional !!

Anonymous Employee in Redmond, WA

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at Microsoft (Redmond, WA) in October 2015.

Interview

Internal recruiter worked hard to find the right position after having received an internal recommendation. Cycle consisted of: Initial phone screen with recruiter, phone interview with hiring manager, in person interview loop on campus. From first phone interview with hiring manager to offer letter was 12 days.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

Initial offer was exactly as I'd talked to the recruiter about, yet negotiations were still allowed and expected. Quick resolution.

Microsoft Senior Product Marketing Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Redmond, WA

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Microsoft (Redmond, WA) in September 2015.

Interview

Typical Msft loop. They ask questions but expect you to question them for more details. Looking for thought process. If you try to answer without having the right details, you will fail. Drill the interviewer to dive deeper into problem solving/situation questions.

Interview Questions

• If you were to try to sell this product to the CEO of X company, what would you say to them?   1 Answer

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Redmond, WA

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Microsoft (Redmond, WA) in April 2014.

Interview

It is an in person process of four plus people. The recruiter will set it up, then you get a list of a few people and times. You go to the reception and they will pick you up. Each person hands you off to another and you would wait in lobby. Assume they are talking about what to drill on. Also if you don't make it past lunch you probably do not get an offer.

Interview Questions

• Dealing with ambiguity, times that conflicting business or resource issues. Also how did you get feedback and work with others. What you liked about past jobs, what you would do different.   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Seattle, WA

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 3 days. I interviewed at Microsoft (Seattle, WA) in March 2013.

Interview

The principal recruiter swiftly worked through my willingness to relocate and assessed my tolerances for salary reduction in a 4 minute call, then wouldn't return one phone call and 2 emails.

Interview Questions

• What were my thoughts on implication of leveraging social data within search results.   1 Answer

Anonymous Employee in Redmond, WA

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Microsoft (Redmond, WA) in February 2013.

Interview

Okay, but it comes down to your internal review score, if you are a internal hire. You do better coming from outside the company.

Interview Questions

• 1.) Diagram the consumerization of IT in the cloud, and what can we do to protect information in the cloud.

2.) Diagram a solution for pulling information back from email or information sent outside of an organization that is deemed confidential.

3.) Using pencil and paper, build a cash flow statement for a business I'm about to tell you and tell me what the annual cash flows looking like. You have to ask questions to get necessary information.
      Answer Question

Negotiation

Anonymous Employee in Redmond, WA

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Microsoft (Redmond, WA) in June 2012.

Interview

Fairly mundane - somewhat lateral move where I knew everyone on the interview loop. There isn't much prep for interviewers, so you never know how seriously that interviewer will take it and how serious the questions will be. These are long days, however. The loop consists of 4-6 interviews - with each being an hour long. Oh, and eat a big breakfast. There's typically a lunch interview that is not a lot of fun if you actually have to eat something substantial during it.

Anonymous Employee in Redmond, WA

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Microsoft (Redmond, WA) in November 2011.

Interview

Straight forward process with little to no ambiguity.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Bellevue, WA

Application

The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Microsoft (Bellevue, WA) in June 2011.

Interview

I worked at MSFT for 6 years and left about 5 years ago. The hiring manager for this position and I had a mutual friend, thus the interview. I had a phone interview with recruiter then a scheduled full in-person loop with 5 team members. All interviews went well and I made it to the 'as appropriate' interviewer. Typically at MSFT they reserve one high-level person to pop in as the last interviewer if everyone else has given you a thumbs up. Recruiter then went and checked my references. All seemed good, but she called back quickly and said that the team decided to go with another candidate, which seemed odd. She didn't give detailed feedback as to what I was missing vs the other candidate.

Anonymous Employee in Redmond, WA

Application

I applied through other source. The process took 2+ weeks. I interviewed at Microsoft (Redmond, WA) in June 2011.

Interview

It was pretty cookie cutter for a contract position. I met with 3 FTEs in person. Did 2 via phone. It took about 3 weeks start to finish to lock a 6 month contract, which is long. . .