Microsoft Software Development Engineer Intern Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Microsoft Software Development Engineer Intern Interview Questions

3.2

101 Candidate Interview ReviewsBack to all Interviews

Application

I applied through a recruiter. I interviewed at Microsoft.

Interview

I gave my resume to college recruiter. Invited to attend a what to expect during the interview meeting. Then given an on campus interview the day after. The interviewer was a developer from Redmond. This was round one of process. I was told round two and three would be at Redmond.

Interview Questions

• There were behavioral questions and some technical questions. The one technical question I remembered was N-queens problem.   Answer Question

Interview

Basically just received an email that told me to schedule an interview time. I did and signed up for a phone interview. A week later, I completed a phone interview. We talked about responsibilities of the position, and then went into the technical questions. I was asked a basic sorting question, then asked to describe my preferred search algorithm. All pretty straightforward.

Interview Questions

• Describe how you would install and configure a router for a home network?   Answer Question

Interview

I applied online and received interview after 2 weeks

Software Development Engineer Intern Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Redmond, WA

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at Microsoft (Redmond, WA).

Interview

A phone interview after 3 weeks of applying.

Interview Questions

• Prepare data structures - array, list, linked list, binary tree, hash maps, etc   Answer Question

Interview

Had a 30 min phone interview mainly about my coursework and project. Its been almost 4 weeks now and I have not heard from them regarding my result. I have emailed the HR about 5-6 times and she has not even answered once. This puts a big doubt about Microsoft's hiring process. It appears that they do not value people's time. With the HR not replying, I do not know how to know my result. I have not had such an experience with any other company.

Interview Questions

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Microsoft.

Interview

Applied online on October. Got informed from HR on January. Then had a non technical HR phone screen. I did't get through this interview.
    There are two portions for this interview.
    First are some typical behavioral questions. Describe the hardest project, etc. And there are some weird questions like what's the most number of lines of code you've written in one project. What's a language that you are most familiar with.
    Then the brain teaser question. The nine ball question. It's everywhere online.

Interview Questions

• What's the most number of lines of code you've written in one project?   Answer Question

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Microsoft in February 2014.

Interview

On campus interview. One question is atoi, another is given a list of int and a target int, find the two int in the list sum up to the target.

Software Development Engineer (Intern) Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Redmond, WA

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took a week. I interviewed at Microsoft (Redmond, WA).

Interview

Saw an ad for it at college, applied, passed CV screening, then there was a phone interview (it was an opening in Redmond for Brazilian students). Interviewer asked a bit about college experiences, previous programming experiences/portfolio, and some technical questions. Didn't pass since the main question was a software testing one and I didn't know anything about that. There were internships in development and testing, but they clearly wanted people who would accept the testing jobs.

Interview Questions

• The good ol' triangle problem.   1 Answer

Interview

An on-campus interview followed with 3 onsite interviews, including one lunch interview.
    The on campus interview was easy, we talked about the projects I am doing, my professional interests and solved a designing problem, in other words, I designed a state machine.

Then I got my first on-site interview. I was interviewed with Bing Ads. The first round went on pretty good, some basic problems playing with numbers and data structures. But I was a bit slow writing codes. The second round was an lunch interview, we had lunch in their dining hall and we talked about our personal interests, and the discussed about technologies I am interested in. I said knect. He asked me if I were supposed to add one function to Xbox, would I add, and we continued our conversation on how to realize this technology. Afterwards we grabbed a cup of tea and went back to his office, and solved a coding problem. The third round has two problems, both of them asked me to deal with a char string.

Interview Questions

• They are pretty normal questions, but I was not that good at coding, so although I can figure out the steps, I was very slow writing codes   Answer Question

Software Development Engineer Intern Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Seattle, WA

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Microsoft (Seattle, WA).

Interview

Great culture, really friendly recruiter, and awesome welcoming process to Seattle. They really made sure I enjoyed my stay and came to know the city and the culture.