Microsoft Interview Questions | Glassdoor

7,030 Interview Reviews

3.2

Intern Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Francisco, CA

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Microsoft (San Francisco, CA).

Interview

recruiter -> first_round -> second_round -> null
    Overall the interview process was good. However, one of the interview during second round made my experience bad.
    Before the interview began, they told to use strongest language. However, when I started writing code in Python, the interviewer was "What language is this?" I continued. After some coding, interviewer asked "where are the datatypes?." I said its not declared in Python.
    Then interviewer asked me to switch to Java. OK. After I wrote my initial solution, I explained how the time complexity is O(n). The interviewer said "I don't know what big O is so lets not talk about it." K. After I made some progress, I said "the data can be represented implicitly as a tree." The interviewer said "I don't know what a tree is lets not talk about it." OK.

I wish the process is a little standardized.

Interview Questions

• Graph question but they wanted to solve it not using graph.   Answer Question

Intern Interview

Anonymous Employee in Redmond, WA

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 8+ months. I interviewed at Microsoft (Redmond, WA) in October 2017.

Interview

One on campus screen in February. Flew me out for 4x45Minute on-site interviews at Redmond in October. We ate lunch first, then proceeded to the interview rounds. Interviewers would come out to grab us one on one.

Interview Questions

• 15 minutes of resume talk/experience, 25 minutes of coding, 5 minutes of questions

2 Leetcode Mediums/Hards per interview.   1 Answer

Program Manager Interview

Anonymous Employee in Redmond, WA

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at Microsoft (Redmond, WA) in January 2013.

Interview

5 Rounds of interviews, and one last one which was given as appropriate (AS APP) . Word problems and math problems. Get ready to be creative. While very challenging, they were very nice/approachable/positive in the process of it.

PFE Interview

Anonymous Employee in Calgary, AB (Canada)

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Microsoft (Calgary, AB (Canada)) in February 2013.

Interview

Lengthy process a few years ago, 10 interviews over a 2 month period but this has been reduced to less than 5 I hear now and the process has been streamlined.

Interview Questions

• You have to troubleshoot a Red wagon, yesterday it pulled straight but today it pulls to the left.   1 Answer

Software Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Seattle, WA

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Microsoft (Seattle, WA) in October 2014.

Interview

The hiring process involved a brief screen, an on-campus technical interview, followed by an on-site Seattle interview. The on-campus interview is fairly straight-forward, but the on-site interviews ranged from slightly unclear to very casual and fun.

Interview Questions

• Create a spam filter that removes spam comments but not real comments.   Answer Question

Regional Manager Interview

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Microsoft in August 2017.

Interview

The interview process was weeks long with multiple skype interviews a week! After a month of rearranging my schedule and completing
    The interviews successfully. I recieved a job offer, which I accepted and thought my hard work paid off. I did however find it strange that they made me sign a Fire At Will form even before I was completely hired. Now I know why.
    After another 15 days of being in background. The company sent me an email resending the offer!
    I passed background I confirmed that.
    But for reasons microsoft REFUSED TO SHARE
    they said they were unable to hire me at this time.
    When I kindly inquired why they had made that decision. I got a nasty email after business hours from Microsoft basically saying dont question them and the decision is final and cannot be overturned.
    I have lost all faith in this company.
    And cant belive how unprofessional a company this size was. It makes me wonder how they treat their people that actually work for them.

Consultant Interview

Anonymous Employee in Irvine, CA

Application

I applied through an employee referral. I interviewed at Microsoft (Irvine, CA) in September 2015.

Interview

Two telephonic interviews followed by one face-2-face 4 hour lab session. In the lad session, you will be provided with scenarios and asked to come up with a working solutions. The scenarios would vary based on level you are being hired for.

Interview Questions

• Mostly on Asp.Net, Design Patterns, Sql Server, Client-side Java script, JQuery, IIS, Knockout JS, Angular JS, CSS, Middleware, MVC/MVP.   Answer Question

Application

I applied through an employee referral. I interviewed at Microsoft.

Interview

When I applied, I was told that I was the first and candidate of choice to initiate team activities. A typical first time hiring review is normally very detailed in demonstrating core skills.

Software Development Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Hyderabad (India)

Application

I applied through other source. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Microsoft (Hyderabad (India)) in August 2016.

Interview

Round 1
    This round had 3 questions and was hosted on cocubes.
    1) Given two numbers find the number of carries while adding them.
    2) Given an array of distinct integers and a number ‘m’, find the number of triplets with product equal to ‘m’.
    3) Given 2 arrays, swap corresponding elements so as to sort both the arrays. Print minimum number of swaps and -1 if arrays can’t be sorted this way.

Round 2
    This had a single question and we were supposed to code it in 20 mins after discussing the approach with the mentor.
    Given an arbitrary order of alphabets and two strings, tell which one is greater, smaller or equal according to the given order.

Field Engineer Interview

Application

I applied through an employee referral. I interviewed at Microsoft.

Interview

The whole process was good. Standard Tech screening first then a technical panel interview with 4 engineers - VERY TOUGH, they grilled me!!! After the panel interview i had a face-to-face with hiring manager and another Field Engineer manager on the phone, that went well and i was offered the position.

Interview Questions

• I interviewed for a technical position so all questions were technical in regards to the technology i was going to support.   Answer Question