Microsoft Interview Questions | Glassdoor

6,495 Interview Reviews

3.2

Delivery Resource Manager Interview

Anonymous Employee in Hartford, CT

Application

I applied through an employee referral. I interviewed at Microsoft (Hartford, CT) in December 2015.

Interview

It was a positive experience although it was very slow moving. I had many weeks go by between the 4 interviews for the role. To be fair, MSFT was also going through a re-org and the final stages of the interview process were during the Christmas holiday.

Interview Questions

• They asked the typical 'tell me about a time' type questions and a few situational questions. For example, 'what would you do if...'. Nothing unexpected.   1 Answer

Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Virginia Beach, VA

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Microsoft (Virginia Beach, VA) in January 2016.

Interview

I applied online and was given the opportunity to have a phone interview. The process was professional and overall a positive experience. I decided to pursue other opportunities with my career.

Associate Consultant Interview

Anonymous Employee in London, England (UK)

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Microsoft (London, England (UK)) in March 2013.

Interview

Took about three weeks total, met with multiple people in the in person interviews, overall quite a pleasant process. There was multiple candidates involved and we all had a schedule to meet different people, in the end a few got offers, some didn't.

Interview Questions

• Writing some white board code on conceptual designs for software.   Answer Question

Software Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Redmond, WA

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Microsoft (Redmond, WA) in May 2017.

Interview

The interview process started with an HR person reaching out and doing a phone screening. They asked mostly personality questions but ended the interview with a puzzle.
    The onsite interview lasted from 9 am to 4 pm on the Redmond campus. During that time I had meetings with 5 different people and was ask 7 different white boarding questions. My advice to anyone preparing for the interview would be to buy a coding interview prep book, for example 'Cracking the Coding Interview', and memorizing all the answers.

Interview Questions

• If you have a 2-d array representing islands (with 1's) and ocean (with 0's). How do you count the number of islands. Note two adjacent 1's make a single island   Answer Question
    • Implement find and replace.   Answer Question
    • Print out a 2-d matrix in a spiral. This is similar to a more common problem, rotate a matrix 90 degrees.   Answer Question
    • Find the median of an unsorted list of integers in O(n) time.   Answer Question

Technical Support Engineer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Bucharest (Romania)

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Microsoft (Bucharest (Romania)) in April 2017.

Interview

It was a pretty long interviewing process. It took from around march until the beginning of may.
    It consisted of several parts:
    1) I applied through their platform, Yello for this job. After about 2 days they answered on e-mail with an invitation for an online test.
    2) The online test. Situational judgement. You were given the role of someone inside a company, there was a situation and you had to order 5 given answers from most to less likely. You have no time limit. It's pretty easy. It took about 3 more days to answer with an invitation to next phase.
    3) A recorded video interview. I must say that other colleagues of mine who applied for the same job were sent directly to phase 4. The recorded video interview was not that easy. It takes some time to set up the gear you have for the interview and to test it. When you begin the interview you have a total of 8 question. The first was a "warm up" about what you like to do, the 6 questions similar to the ones in the online test only that you had to answer with your own words and what you would really do. The last one was about what technology improvements excites you the most. Nothing too technical. The hard part is that you are given 30 seconds to read the question and prepare your answer and the 2 minutes to answer. The main thing is not to get panicked, to stay calm and smile. After that it took about 1 week for them to answer and invite me to next phase. I also sent them an e-mail asking about the status of my application.
    4) The Skype interview. The great thing about it is that you get schedule it when it's best for you. The Skype interview was great. The assessor was very friendly and made me feel very comfortable. It was more like a dialog which I really enjoyed. The questions are general, about you, the job and Microsoft, what expectations you have, then the last one was about new technologies (just as the one at the recorded interview). It took about 20 minutes. After a week I received the invitation to the final assessment center.
    5) The assessment center. We were called at the Microsoft Office and spent a whole day there. There were 5 stages:
    - a presentation (10 minutes limit - something we had to prepare at home for about 2-3 days before)
    - a group exercise ( Team of 6 random people - 20 minutes time limit - given task.)
    - 2 Soft Skills interviews (with 2 different assessors - Most questions are about you, how would you react in different situations. What matters the most is to be yourself and describe how would you really act. Honesty is at price here.)
    - Technical interview (Here is not about how much you know, it's about how you think. You can't "prepare" for it. It only requires very basic knowledge about technology.)
    I really thought that I screwed up the Assessment Center, especially the 2 soft skills interviews and the group exercise because my group was really bad but after three weeks after that I was called and informed that I was selected for the Internship. :D

Interview Questions

• Online test:
      You are the manager of a team and you are given the task of X, but you can't perform it because of Y. What would you do? And 5 answers that you had to order from most to less likely . X/Y can be anything.
      They were similar at both Skype and recorded video Interview.
      The Skype is a dialogue with some questions about why did you applied there and why Microsoft, why should you be hired, what can you offer them and what can them offer to you and so on.
      The Assessment Center Questions:
      The ones from the soft skills interview were pretty hard. I don't even remember them anymore. Other than that prepaid to answer about you, your hobbies, strengths, weaknesses and about how you see Microsoft Company in today's world. The main thing is to be honest about what you say.
      1 Answer

Intern Interview

Anonymous Employee in Hyderabad (India)

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Microsoft (Hyderabad (India)) in January 2017.

Interview

Interview at Microsoft Hyderabad office and it was an 1-1 interview. 3 rounds at max. These rounds are eliminative in nature. The interviewer primarily looked at the way you think, so thinking out loud will surely help.

Business Analyst Interview

Anonymous Employee in Bengaluru (India)

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Microsoft (Bengaluru (India)).

Interview

Multi Level interview driven by a structured and outcome oriented process. Starting from planning and scheduling to post interview feedback were handled very well. Compensation and benefits discussion and explanations provided were top class. The process ended with a final round of discussion with the then Head of India.

Internship Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Beijing, Beijing (China)

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Microsoft (Beijing, Beijing (China)) in April 2017.

Interview

First I submit the application online. After about 2 months I received an email which aim to arrange an interview with me. 2 days later went the interview. Unfortunately I didn't pass the first round. But the interviewer is kind and I learnt a lot during the preparation.

Interview Questions

• The question is to implement the pick k nearest items from a database. Give some acceleration tips for the situation.   1 Answer

Business Administrator Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Redmond, WA

Application

I applied through an employee referral. I interviewed at Microsoft (Redmond, WA) in May 2017.

Interview

Everything is setup by recruiter. The interview was half a day adventure. After each person interviewed you they would talk to see if you passed or that was the last person you saw and the interview was over. I saw all people on the panel.

Interview Questions

• How do you deal with difficult people   1 Answer

Senior Software Development Engineer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Hyderabad (India)

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at Microsoft (Hyderabad (India)) in April 2017.

Interview

5-6 rounds of interview. You need to do coding and be ready to code on paper as well. It's not so easy to get into, but if you are good at it, you will get it.