Microsoft Software Development Engineer In Test (SDET) II Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Microsoft Software Development Engineer In Test (SDET) II Interview Questions

3.4

Software Development Engineer In Test (SDET) II Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Sydney (Australia)

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Microsoft (Sydney (Australia)) in March 2015.

Interview

Applied through a university recruiter, and got to do an on-campus interview. The question was very easy (add an item to a sorted linked list) and I got to fly to Sydney for the next round. The second round consisted of 4 individual interviews with different people, with a range of difficulty for their interview questions.

Interview Questions

• Draw the system architecture of one of your projects   1 Answer

Other Interview Reviews for Microsoft

Anonymous Employee in Bellevue, WA

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 3+ months. I interviewed at Microsoft (Bellevue, WA) in August 2012.

Interview

Usual Data structure questions. Algorithms. How do you test an elevator, reverse a string and How to reverse an array what is the space and time complexity? How do you improve space and time complexity? Why are you planning to move? What is the difficult situation you have come across and how did you manage?

Interview Questions

• How do you test an elevator? What is the process you use to debug if a website is down   Answer Question

Software Development Engineer In Test (SDET) II Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at Microsoft in January 2014.

Interview

Applied through career site. Hiring manager reached directly over phone and asked to come to his office in Redmond, WA. I has his question but not listening to what I'm saying or doing - he just looking at his computer.

Interview Questions

• Find out the number of connected cells in a 2D array   1 Answer

Software Development Engineer In Test (SDET) II Interview

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Microsoft in November 2014.

Interview

This was through IJP from within MS itself being a MS employee.
    Really bad interview process in MS - GD. I had to push the HR to setup my interview as if I am the HR. Than again just 2 rounds in the whole day from morning 10 to evening 6 and I was told to leave without any feedback. Again I had to run behind the HR for getting the status update and finally after 10 days I was again called for an Hiring Manager round which went for 2 hours and that too instead of managerial question the HM round went into technical stuff. And as usual again I was asked to leave for the day and no update till 1 month even after running behind the HR a lot.

Got to know that work culture and the actual work is not good and also did not at all like the way Hr and the management treated me even before joining them.

Software Development Engineer In Test (SDET) II Interview

Application

I applied through a staffing agency. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Microsoft.

Interview

Planning part of interview was not good. There were lot of confusion regarding timings, schedule, place etc. Interview length was good none, out of the 4 round, took more than an hour.

Interview Questions

• Director round was a bit confusing as I was asked to track mineral water of a mineral water plant.   Answer Question

Negotiation

Didn't negotiated

Software Development Engineer In Test (SDET) II Interview

Interview

I feel it is easy to get through the interview. They test raw intelligence using algo and DS and testing skills. They dont have SDET roles any more so they will be looking for more coding skills.

Interview Questions

• Nothing really difficult when compared to rest of the industry   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Redmond, WA

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Microsoft (Redmond, WA) in October 2011.

Interview

Fairly straightforward - like any other company. A phone screen - followed by 5 rounds on site.
    Questions were of the following nature: Design a cache subsystem, spiral order printing of a matrix, regex implementation for * and ?, Binary Tree rotation question, How do you implement shuffle in a media player and how to know if a graph is bi-partite.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Redmond, WA

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Microsoft (Redmond, WA) in April 2013.

Interview

Initial phone screen was friendly, recruiter was helpful gave some good tips on what to kind of questions to expect. But they should be doing a better job screening people and not just randomly asking developers with no testing experience to interview for a testing position.
    Coding test was to write code to get all palindromes in a string.
    On-site interviews were hectic, you try and prove your testing and simple coding skills.
    Test a refrigerator.
    Code to make diagonal elements 0 in a matrix.

Interview Questions

• Coding test was to write code to get all palindromes in a string.

Test a refrigerator.
      Code to make diagonal elements 0 in a matrix.
      Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Cambridge, MA

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Microsoft (Cambridge, MA) in June 2010.

Interview

Phone interview followed by an on-site which was the regular white-board coding questions companies like MSFT/Google ask. I was not hired by this team but very soon got a call from another team and another on-site and got a job there

Interview Questions

• What are your strengths/weaknesses - was not expecting this in an MSFT interview   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Bellevue, WA

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 5+ weeks. I interviewed at Microsoft (Bellevue, WA).

Interview

Had 2 phone interviews, one by HR, one by an Engineer, and then was invited for on site.
    On-site 3 interviews.