Microsoft Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Microsoft Interview Questions

Updated May 26, 2017
6,506 Interview Reviews

3.2

Interview

I've applied to FTE positions for years on their public site, and never gotten anywhere. However, this time I had an internal recommendation. So I went from applying to in an interview loop within a week. No phone screen or pre-screen of any sort.

The full interview process was comprised of 4 one hour interviews, with various Program Managers and Software Engineers. We did white board coding and talked a lot about my past work. They seemed to really appreciate that I have an UWA in the store already, with good reviews.

After the interview, it took about a month to get my offer, however, this was also over the Christmas holiday season. Some delays where due to approvers being on PTO.

Interview Questions

• I was sked a variety of questions surrounding the more advanced areas of C# and JavaScript.   2 Answers

Negotiation

I received a generous offer, but not necessarily what I was hoping for. I made a counter offer, which was accepted same day. Overall very easy, and the recruiter was very helpful and understanding.

MIcrosoft Explorer Interview

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied through a recruiter. I interviewed at Microsoft (New York, NY).

Interview

I got an invitation for the phone screen (round 1) from meeting a recruiter 1-by-1. A lot of people said that as long as you show your passion for technology, you'll get the interview.

Interview Questions

• Test a pencil   1 Answer
    • How would you explain a computer to a 6-year old kid?   1 Answer

Intern Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at Microsoft.

Interview

I was contacted for an on campus interview after going to their booth at the career fair. Interviewer was very kind and asked a basic technical question as well as some behavioral questions. It was a very pleasant experience. Unfortunately, they don't have any more spots open for the summer so I was not able to move onto the onsite.

Support Engineer Interview

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied through a recruiter. I interviewed at Microsoft (New York, NY).

Interview

I got an email from a recruiter via LinkedIn about the job. I applied online and did a Phone interview first. Then I was called in for an on-campus interview at the Texas campus.

Interview Questions

• If you were to explain the internet to my grand-mother, how would you describe it?   1 Answer

Intern Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Redmond, WA

Application

The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Microsoft (Redmond, WA).

Interview

The interview process ended up pretty slow for me. The recruiters will give you a false hope that you'll be moved forward with the process but they end up with a rejection email.
    I had a couple of phone screen interviews and was told that I'll have an onsite later in the week, but it didn't happen.

Interview Questions

• Print a binary tree level by level   1 Answer

Product Marketing Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took 3+ months. I interviewed at Microsoft (New York, NY).

Interview

Several round of interviews:
    1. Phone call with HR
    2. Skype with senior manager from the field
    3. Skype interview with 3 senior managers from different field
    4. Skype interview with 2 GM of countries which the role is covering

Interview Questions

• 1. Strengths and weakness and how am I dealing with weakness.
      2. Questions about the situations:
      - Successful project
      - Unsuccessful project
      - Team leadership
      - Cross functional leadership
      1 Answer

Software Engineer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Redmond, WA

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Microsoft (Redmond, WA) in January 2017.

Interview

One skype interview with coding questions, then a full day of in-person interviews. There were 6 in a row at 60-90 minutes each including a lunch interview. I received an offer via email 2 hours after finishing.

Interview Questions

• Write a method that converts any roman numeral into an integer   1 Answer

Program Manager Interview

Interview

Everyone I spoke with during the phone interview process was very professional and welcoming. The process was well managed with consistent communication. I had a phone interview with the Recruiter and Hiring Manager. The Recruiter was extremely gracious when communicating that I would not be moving forward with the next steps of the interview process.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about your experience with program budgets and financial modeling.   1 Answer

Web Developer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Seattle, WA

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at Microsoft (Seattle, WA) in January 2017.

Interview

I was first contacted by a hiring manager who I had a 30 minute interview with. Then had a second phone interview, with a developer this time, that was mixed in with live coding through c9.io.

Interview Questions

• Code out a solution to a specific problem.   1 Answer

Principal Software Development Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Redmond, WA

Application

I applied online. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at Microsoft (Redmond, WA) in January 2017.

Interview

it is tough but smooth overall, it takes a couple of hours to finish and at the end, really exhausted to answer any more questions,it is tough but smooth overall, it takes a couple of hours to finish and at the end, really exhausted to answer any more questions

Interview Questions

• traveral a tree in different ways   1 Answer