Microsoft Interview Questions | Glassdoor

6,574 Interview Reviews

3.2

Cloud Architect Interview

Anonymous Employee in Richardson, TX

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 3 days. I interviewed at Microsoft (Richardson, TX) in June 2017.

Interview

This interview was with a Major Auto Manufacture in Richardson, Texas Architecting end-to-end IT solutions by collaborating with partners and development agencies. They were looking for an architect to Develop the overall IoT, API, Web and Mobile platform strategy.

Interview Questions

• How did you ensure delivery of Application Development and Maintenance?
      Give us an example of how you Coordinated and conducted site assessments ?
      1 Answer
    • What are some of the web technologies you have used?   1 Answer

Negotiation

It was inviting in terms of Salary-Respect.

Sales Development Specialist Interview

Anonymous Employee in Fargo, ND

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Microsoft (Fargo, ND).

Interview

Typical process that begins with a phone screening/"fit-for-job" interview. Then comes a follow-up interview to walk through your resume. And finally, a series of either on-site or skype interviews. To get a position a Microsoft requires passion for the position and the company and they have a multitude of questions that can figure out where your character, creativity, and of course, passion lies. Be prepared for a mock sales call as your final interview.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

As expected from most big companies (Fortune 500s) your entry level position is non-negotiable. But the quick opportunity and benefits make it all worth it. To be honest, the salary is nothing to complain about either.

Software Development Engineer Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at Microsoft.

Interview

On campus interview. The interviewer asked some basic list reversal questions, didn't even look up at the board for my answers. Spent the whole interview checking email. Felt like he thought he had better things to do.

Senior Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Seattle, WA

Application

I applied through a recruiter. I interviewed at Microsoft (Seattle, WA).

Interview

The interview process lasted 4 months. I had 4 phone interviews and an in person all day interview with 4 people in their Seattle office. I was asked typical interview questions in all occasions. After this process, I wished the interview phase was quite shorter and more communication to the candidate

Interview Questions

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at Microsoft.

Interview

Did an on campus interview, which was very smooth. Asked 2 coding questions on a sheet of paper and was given a chance to ask the interviewer questions. Then flown out to do an on-site interview.

Finance Manager Interview

Interview

First a phone call with a recruiter and then on-site interviews with 4-5 people on the same day, one hour each. The last round was usually with the highest level interviewer, but schedule may vary.

Solution Specialist Interview

Anonymous Employee in Nashville, TN

Application

I applied through an employee referral. I interviewed at Microsoft (Nashville, TN).

Interview

Lengthy interview process including a final's day when several interviews take place. Many questions around team selling process, managing conflict with peers and other situational questions. Interview also included a role play of a meeting with a CIO.

Research Software Development Engineer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Redmond, WA

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Microsoft (Redmond, WA).

Interview

First, one of the team members called me on the phone and we had a short chat about what the role requires and my resume. Then I had a standard phone call with an HR person who set up the technical phone interview as the next step. After this step, I got invited to go onsite. After five rounds of interview we called it a day, and within a week I received an offer.

User Experience Designer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Redmond, WA

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Microsoft (Redmond, WA).

Interview

I was flown to Seattle/Redmond (from Europe) for a few days. The interview took almost a full day, and I got to speak with around 5 teams. Each team asked a variety of questions and reviewed my portfolio and a presentation I had prepared. It was very interesting.

Interview Questions

• Design problem: How might you solve or improve this situation?
      There are various scenarios/problems.
      1 Answer

Software Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Bellevue, WA

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at Microsoft (Bellevue, WA) in May 2017.

Interview

First they will conduct a technical phone screen and then if you make if past the phone screen you will go to an onsite. Be sure to use cracking the coding interview when prepping my question was taken from the book and was slightly modified. Not a difficult interview and the recruiter will give you plenty of hints. Just be patient with yourself and relax. I think I overstressed myself over it and just had a bad day. Trust that you know your stuff if you've prepared, they're not trying to trick you.

Interview Questions

• Describe your past experience? How did you contribute to the product?   Answer Question
    • Compress a string with no external storage such as a HashMap.   Answer Question