Microsoft Developer Intern Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Microsoft Developer Intern Interview Questions

3.2

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Microsoft in February 2014.

Interview

On campus interview. One question is atoi, another is given a list of int and a target int, find the two int in the list sum up to the target.

Software Development Engineer (Intern) Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Redmond, WA

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took a week. I interviewed at Microsoft (Redmond, WA).

Interview

Saw an ad for it at college, applied, passed CV screening, then there was a phone interview (it was an opening in Redmond for Brazilian students). Interviewer asked a bit about college experiences, previous programming experiences/portfolio, and some technical questions. Didn't pass since the main question was a software testing one and I didn't know anything about that. There were internships in development and testing, but they clearly wanted people who would accept the testing jobs.

Interview Questions

• The good ol' triangle problem.   1 Answer

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Seattle, WA

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Microsoft (Seattle, WA).

Interview

Great culture, really friendly recruiter, and awesome welcoming process to Seattle. They really made sure I enjoyed my stay and came to know the city and the culture.

Interview Questions

Interview

An on-campus interview followed with 3 onsite interviews, including one lunch interview.
    The on campus interview was easy, we talked about the projects I am doing, my professional interests and solved a designing problem, in other words, I designed a state machine.

Then I got my first on-site interview. I was interviewed with Bing Ads. The first round went on pretty good, some basic problems playing with numbers and data structures. But I was a bit slow writing codes. The second round was an lunch interview, we had lunch in their dining hall and we talked about our personal interests, and the discussed about technologies I am interested in. I said knect. He asked me if I were supposed to add one function to Xbox, would I add, and we continued our conversation on how to realize this technology. Afterwards we grabbed a cup of tea and went back to his office, and solved a coding problem. The third round has two problems, both of them asked me to deal with a char string.

Interview Questions

• They are pretty normal questions, but I was not that good at coding, so although I can figure out the steps, I was very slow writing codes   Answer Question

Software Development Engineer Intern Interview

Interview

A phone interview, followed by 3 interviews in Seattle.

Interview Questions

• The DSP round: I was not expecting this, but I was bombarded with various questions on DSP. Though since I was interviewing for the video DSP team, I should have known better.   Answer Question

Software Development Engineer Intern Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Microsoft.

Interview

It was what you expect from a Microsoft interview. I was contacted for an on-campus interview. The interviewer was very quiet, but he knew what he was talking about. He asked the standard fare of behavioral questions and then asked the technical question. The solution he offered me wasn't correct though, not that I answered it correctly either.
    Additionally, it seemed he didn't have much mobility in the company since he said he has been in part of the team for the Start button for years now.

Interview Questions

• Being only the first interview, there were no hard questions, but they asked why I liked library A or library B and such questions.   1 Answer

Software Development Engineer Intern Microsoft Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Seattle, WA

Application

I applied online. The process took 6+ weeks. I interviewed at Microsoft (Seattle, WA) in January 2014.

Interview

I applied online, they contacted me and set up a phone interview. after that they flew me to Seattle for a day of 4 back to back interviews.

Anonymous Employee in Redmond, WA

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 3+ months. I interviewed at Microsoft (Redmond, WA).

Interview

On-campus interview: reverse a number e.g. 12345 -> 54321 (just use arithmetic and a loop), talk about your projects

3 back to back on-site interviews: print out a BST in-order, partition an array of integers with odd integers to the left and even integers to the right, create a queue data structure with 2 stacks

Phone interview with a higher-up manager: the pirate game (see wikipedia entry)

Hiring process took a bit longer than expected, otherwise things went smoothly.

Interview Questions

• Implement an online LRU cache to keep track of browser history (not worded in that way, but after the interview, I realized this was effectively what they were asking) e.g. keep track of the 5 most recently seen items without duplicates.   1 Answer

Software Development Engineer Intern Interview

Interview

I applied through a career fair at my college. After about two weeks I got an email telling me to go to the interview. The interviewer was friendly and there was not much pressure, but the question is not easy..

Interview Questions

• Find the longest palindrome in a string   1 Answer

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Microsoft.

Interview

I submitted my resume online through the Micro website. Several months later I received an email for a phone interview. The interview was about half an hour and we mostly discussed previous projects of mine-- there were a few questions to pick my brain and hear thought processes. The interviewer of course asked about prior experience as well.

Interview Questions

• The questions I was asked are previously posed on this thread.   Answer Question