Microsoft Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Interviews at Microsoft

8,964 Interview Reviews

3.1

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Athens, GA

Interview

I applied via the Microsoft College recruiting website and also attended a information session which was held at my University. The first stage of the interview process was a basic on campus interview which lasted for about 30-35 minutes and consisted of mainly behavioral questions. Currently, I'm waiting to hear back for the second round.

Associate Consultant Interview

Interview

Gave my resume at a recruitment event. They contacted me for an interview, which consisted mostly of behavioral questions and clarifications of things on my resume. It seemed like it went quite well, so I was a little surprised to not hear back. I guess since it was recruitment season they had a lot of applicants.

Interview Questions

• Nothing really. Very standard interview.   2 Answers

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Microsoft in November 2014.

Interview

Great experience. I have an interview that from the same school as me. technical based. go through resume. ask you every single line of the resume. overall good experience. get to know the company

Interview Questions

• technical question that i wasn't prepared for. ask everything on your resume. specific terms of coding   2 Answers

Anonymous Employee in Dallas, TX

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 3 days. I interviewed at Microsoft (Dallas, TX) in November 2014.

Interview

Arrived the day before the interview and participate in the pre-night social event. Network as much as you can, since it's very likely that you will run into your interviewer (though they won't tell you), and it's very important that you show your ability to socialize with strangers to make a good impression.

4 interviews back to back: presentation skills, engagement skills, traditional experience Q&A, and behavioral/situational interview.
    No tech questions. 20 min presentation was added this time to fresh things up.
    Interviewers were laid back and very friendly.

Interview Questions

• No technical questions, but expect to be grilled on with resume entries.   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Seattle, WA

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Microsoft (Seattle, WA).

Interview

Initially contacted via University Recruiting and invited to come to University campus for 30 min interview. This first interview was strictly behavioral, mostly just a screening. Was then invited to fly out for the final round of interviews. Had 4 back to back interviews and was asked to present a 20 minute presentation on something I am passionate about. Then heard back within 3 days of interviewing and accepted an offer.

Interview Questions

• If you could change one thing about the embedded system within a Coke Freestyle machine, what would you do?   Answer Question

Negotiation

No negotiation

Associate Consultant Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Microsoft in November 2013.

Interview

First round was basic behavioral which lasted for 30 mins. After that they called for final onsite interview.There is an informal dinner the day before interview where you get to interact with recruiters and employees working in Microsoft.There were back to back 4 interviews with a gap of 15 mins each. They do ask technical questions based on your resume. Overall it was a good experience.

Interview Questions

• They gave a lot of scenario based questions..some were kind of absurd.   1 Answer

Anonymous Employee in Chevy Chase, MD

Application

The process took 5 weeks. I interviewed at Microsoft (Chevy Chase, MD).

Interview

Was invited to a 1:1 interview during a national career conference. A couple of weeks later was selected for the final round interviews which were 4 interviews back to back. Interviews weren't that hard and there were plenty of friendly Microsoft employees/recruiters giving you advice. Overall a great experience, Microsoft chooses the best candidates for the final round interviews and when you're there you can actually tell that they do by just speaking and interacting with the other candidates.

Interview Questions

• Why Microsoft?
      Tell me 3 things about you that make you stand out from the other candidates.   Answer Question

Associate Consultant Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Microsoft in October 2013.

Interview

I was contacted by a recruiter a few days before a Career Conference by email asking for an interview offer at the career conference. They asked me to apply online as well to the positions they would be interviewing me for. They asked me to come as in clothes i felt comfortable and at the interview booth, the interviewer was dressed down and was really relaxed. He was a manager for the position i was interviewing for, so this served more as technical interview to see if the candidate knew their technical info. He was very thorough and put me in a lot of real life scenarios of the job to see how I would answer as well as to see my thinking process.

Interview Questions

• If you were a food, what food would you be?   1 Answer

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chevy Chase, MD

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Microsoft (Chevy Chase, MD) in December 2013.

Interview

Initial interview was at a conference after being reached out by Microsoft. Then a couple weeks later I was invited to the final days at one of they're campuses. Many interesting people to speak to. Recommend having a solid knowledge of other Microsoft products that isn't Office. But overall a positive learning experience.

Interview Questions

• How would you handle a customer whom was upset due to they're important database being down?   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Charlotte, NC

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Microsoft (Charlotte, NC).

Interview

- On campus career fair - dropped off resume and spoke briefly with recruiter.

- On campus interview - was contacted two weeks later to sign up for an interview on campus (my school's campus) Asked simple questions like "Why would you like to work for Microsoft", "What is your favorite Microsoft technology and why", "how do you think your skills would help you contribute as an employee at Microsoft", "Describe a time when you solved a problem using technology" --> the more you talk about microsoft, the better.

- Microsoft destination interview - Was contacted almost 3 weeks later by a travel agent explaining that I had been invited to a final round interview at Microsoft in Charlotte. 3 day trip, with one day of interviews. The night of arrival all the candidates met for dinner and a meet and greet with the program managers and all the interviewers for the next day. Candidates were split into two groups, morning and afternoon.

On the day of the interviews, limousines picked up the group of candidates from the hotel and took them to the Charlotte office. After breakfast, each candidate was interviewed by four separate people, each one asking different questions and discussing their findings with the group afterwards. After the four interviews, the candidates all had lunch, and following that, candidates were taken one by one to leave the room and find out whether they had gotten the job or not.

THEY WILL ASK QUESTIONS ABOUT EVERY SINGLE ITEM ON YOUR RESUME so be prepared to discuss in depth and complete problems on white boards relating to your listed skills and experiences.

Interview Questions

• One random question assessing thought process. Brain teaser   Answer Question

Negotiation

No negotiation. Location was assigned randomly and salary was standard for all candidates.