Microsoft Software Development Engineer In Test (SDET) II Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Microsoft Software Development Engineer In Test (SDET) II Interview Questions

Interviews at Microsoft

3.4

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Seattle, WA

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Microsoft (Seattle, WA) in July 2012.

Interview

Two rounds phone screening. Simple questions like: Why I want to work for MS, what is class, what is object, example for polymorphism, encapsulation.

Onsite in Seattle, WA. Five rounds with Online Services Division.
First round: Again questions like: Why I want to work for MS, what products/services from OSD (online services division) I know/used. Interviewer told me much more about the company, services OSD provides etc...
Second round: Techical questions like: Lists vs Array, find loop in linked list, Binary Search Trees, etc...
Third round: Lunch + my ideas for improving services MS provides, light and easy part of interview process, very friendly
Fourth round: Much heavier techical interview: Dynamic programming, Data Stream algorithms.
Fifth round (some Manager was interviewer): Much about salary, when I can start, relocation specifics etc...

Interview Questions

• Question regarding moving window calculation in data stream algorithms   Answer Question

Other Interview Reviews for Microsoft

Anonymous Employee in Mountain View, CA

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Microsoft (Mountain View, CA) in July 2011.

Interview

All questions were technical. I had 3 coding questions and several test questions probing on what I had done. Coding questions included reversing a linked list, inserting into a binary search tree and deleting a node from a binary tree. I was asked to come up with test cases for my code. In addition I was asked to come up with a strategy and test cases for an internet voice calling software product and a toy for a toddler. Overall the interview experience was very positive and interesting.

Interview Questions

• There was no unexpected question. There was a lot of expectation and probing in the area of end to end scenarios and integration test strategy for the testing questions.   Answer Question

Software Development Engineer In Test (SDET) II Interview

Application

I applied through a staffing agency. The process took 4 days. I interviewed at Microsoft in February 2013.

Interview

Contacted by the recruiter through LinkedIn. Initial Phone screen with hiring manager.
    Asked to explain a project listed in the resume. Asked about the algorithmic and data structure choices made in that project.

Interview Questions

• Write a program to find the word with maximum occurrences in a text and write a test module to verify.   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Seattle, WA

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Microsoft (Seattle, WA) in January 2012.

Interview

consists of 5 rounds of interview.One tech screen followed by full loop of interviews.

Software Development Engineer In Test (SDET) II Interview

Interview

Got contact from linkden

Interview Questions

• Write a function that counts words of a book based on type (noun, verb, etc)   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Redmond, WA

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 5 days. I interviewed at Microsoft (Redmond, WA) in March 2008.

Interview

It was a very smooth process. It helps to work as a contractor or vendor for a team in which you are interested before going full-time to access the team.

Interview Questions

• A question about Linked Lists   1 Answer

Negotiation

It was quite short since I jumped on the offer I was given as it was very good

Anonymous Employee in Redmond, WA

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Microsoft (Redmond, WA) in September 2012.

Interview

Interviewers keep keying in their inputs. Next interviewer knows what previous one asked and what needs to be tested. In my case, first asked for problem solving, second, design, third on bug finding, fourth on coding and optimization and firth on behavioral. Inshort, covered all the areas well.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

No. I did not negotiate

Anonymous Employee in Redmond, WA

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took a week. I interviewed at Microsoft (Redmond, WA) in May 2012.

Interview

Contacted by a recruiter, followed up with a phone interview. An in-person interview was then set up; the setup process for the flight was somewhat bureaucratic, but the interview itself went smoothly.

While the technical questions were good, I found the interviewers' description of the company to be misleading and portrayed it as being far less competitive and bureaucratic and far more flexible than it actually is. If this is a concern for you I would heavily recommend discussing it with people you can trust and who have experience with other companies.

Interview Questions

• Questions were mainly related to my past experience, OS concepts, synchronization issues, and so forth. There was less emphasis on algorithms and more on architecture.   Answer Question

Negotiation

They made a good-faith effort to match the gross salary of my previous company. Considering Washington's income-tax laws and Microsoft's additional benefits, this worked out to be a raise in compensation. I respected this and did not negotiate.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Bellevue, WA

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 5+ weeks. I interviewed at Microsoft (Bellevue, WA).

Interview

Had 2 phone interviews, one by HR, one by an Engineer, and then was invited for on site.
    On-site 3 interviews.

Software Development Engineer In Test (SDET) II Interview

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Microsoft.

Interview

Need to be good in computer fundamentals

Interview Questions

Negotiation

You need to good at negotiation.