Microsoft Software Developer Interview Questions | Glassdoor

2,263 Interview Reviews

3.2

2,263 Candidate Interview Reviews Back to all Interviews

Software Developer Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at Microsoft.

Interview

4 data structure and algorithm questions. You can do it on the whiteboard. Interviewers were very friendly. I liked them in general. I recommend the company to my friends. Wish there was less politics involved.

Anonymous Employee in Redmond, WA

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 5 weeks. I interviewed at Microsoft (Redmond, WA) in November 2016.

Interview

On-Campus interview followed by final round in Redmond. The process took 30+ days since all the spots were taken by the time I was signing up. On-Campus was easy with some basic algorithm questions (sorting, tree, etc). Final round was four 45-minute interviews (thought some people only had 3). Lunch was provided.

Interview Questions

• Simple design questions like messaging and elevator controller   1 Answer

Anonymous Interview Candidate in El Paso, TX

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Microsoft (El Paso, TX) in November 2016.

Interview

White board interview at local university. Reverse an integer. Looking for optimized solution and definitely no tostring type of solution. They want to hear you think out loud and are willing to help you.

Interview Questions

• Reverse an integer. Looking for optimized solution and definitely no tostring type of solution   1 Answer

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Seattle, WA

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Microsoft (Seattle, WA) in November 2016.

Interview

Interviewed onsite at Seattle. Very easy questions. I got an offer after 1 day . The entire process was quick. But the offer was pretty low and the team was not ready to negotiate. Declined the offer. Please don't waste time if you are a good candidate, there are lot of companies which pay way better than MS.

Interview Questions

• 1. Find max continuous sum in array?
      2. Simple graph question
      Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Redmond, WA

Application

Interview

I applied through college career fairs and first interviews on campus. Then I went to Redmond for on-site interview. The whole process took about 5 weeks. On-site interview was 4 round 1-1 interview. Little talks about former project, algorithms based.

Interview Questions

• How would you test whether a sort function for pairs is correct?   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chapel Hill, NC

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at Microsoft (Chapel Hill, NC).

Interview

I received a conformation email from the company with time, location, and dress code. At the interview I was asked a few questions about personality and a single coding question.

Software Development Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at Microsoft.

Interview

I was asked about my projects and interests in the company, and i was then given a technical coding question. I am currently waiting to find out whether I passed through for stage 2 or not. Interviewer was friendly and technical question was fair.

Interview Questions

• Given an int array with values that contain different heights in order, figure out the largest area of the rectangular shapes the values make. Afterwards asked about the efficiency of the algorithm i made.   2 Answers

Anonymous Employee in Seattle, WA

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at Microsoft (Seattle, WA).

Interview

Applied through university recruiting portal. Had an on-campus interview that went very well, and was bumped directly to an on-site interview for the next interview round (for the next summer as they had already filled up for that year). (disclaimer, my college is heavily recruited from.)

The on site interview was very fun. I believe the only MS dev office in north america is currently Redmond, and everyone I know who applies goes on-site there. Flown in before the interview and given ample time to explore the Seattle area (you could request a car for the duration of your stay if you wished).

The on-site interview itself involved staying for 4 hours of interviewing (plus 1 for lunch) with a number of other interviewees (but all interviews are private). Relaxed atmosphere and got a free hoodie at the end which is always nice.

Interview Questions

• Expect the standard questions you would expect from an interviewer in a certain area. For example, if you're being interviewed by someone from Bing, you should know algorithms. If by Windows, systems questions... Very standard.   1 Answer

Software Development Interview

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Microsoft.

Interview

I was contacted by a recruiter, passed the first half-tech-half-non-tech phone screening. It was basic "walk me through your resume" and "talk about a project" and "what if you were a leader of a team and two team member have problem, how would you solve it". Technical part wasn't hard, simple puzzles. Then I was invited to their center for an in-person interview.

Interview Questions

• find duplicates in an array with space efficiency   2 Answers

Anonymous Employee in San Francisco, CA

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Microsoft (San Francisco, CA) in October 2016.

Interview

I applied via campus career fair, then it takes around one week to get the on-campus interview. After one week of the on-campus interview, I was invited to the San Francisco doing the on-site interview. Everything goes on very well, people are nice, food is good, etc. We had four round interviews, coding based and behavior questions also.