Microsoft Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Updated Jul 20, 2017
6,615 Interview Reviews

3.2

Analyst Interview

Interview

1 phone round & 5 onsite interviews. 3 of them were behavioral and 2 of them were technical. All the interviewers were very good. They wanted me to succeed in the interview. The interviews went for an entire day. Lat round was with the VP.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about a time when you lead a team   1 Answer

Business Administrator Interview

Anonymous Employee in Redmond, WA

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Microsoft (Redmond, WA).

Interview

Interviewed over the phone first then interviewed with 4 people, 2 of them were the managers I would support and 1 was another admin and the last was a manager on the team.

Interview Questions

• What are 3 of your weaknesses?   1 Answer

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at Microsoft.

Interview

Did an on campus interview, which was very smooth. Asked 2 coding questions on a sheet of paper and was given a chance to ask the interviewer questions. Then flown out to do an on-site interview.

Senior Program Manager Interview

Anonymous Employee in Redmond, WA

Application

I applied through an employee referral. I interviewed at Microsoft (Redmond, WA) in May 2017.

Interview

Found a great position online and had a referral put me in touch with the hiring manager. 1 phone interview and was then called for a loop on-site. The recruiters and logistic coordinators were awesome and were in touch throughout the process. The loop comprised of 6 interviewers - the final one being an as-app one with an executive. The first interview was a technical design one with a lot of white boarding and back and forth QnA. The next few ones focused more on product design and behavioral. There was also a 90 minute lunch interview with the hiring manager which was probably the toughest of the lot -- A lot of probing and testing to see how I could handle ambiguity and managing confidential information. The final few interviews of the day were more relaxed and focused more on my experience and how my skills were transferable to the position. I was contacted by the recruiter by the time I reached my hotel and was told the team was excited to have me on board. Overall a very smooth process and I was very motivated to accept the offer as soon as it came.

Business Administrator Interview

Application

Interview

Everything is setup by recruiter. The interview was half a day adventure. After each person interviewed you they would talk to see if you passed or that was the last person you saw and the interview was over. I saw all people on the panel.

Interview Questions

• How do you deal with difficult people   1 Answer

Software Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Redmond, WA

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Microsoft (Redmond, WA) in May 2017.

Interview

The interview process started with an HR person reaching out and doing a phone screening. They asked mostly personality questions but ended the interview with a puzzle.
    The onsite interview lasted from 9 am to 4 pm on the Redmond campus. During that time I had meetings with 5 different people and was ask 7 different white boarding questions. My advice to anyone preparing for the interview would be to buy a coding interview prep book, for example 'Cracking the Coding Interview', and memorizing all the answers.

Interview Questions

• If you have a 2-d array representing islands (with 1's) and ocean (with 0's). How do you count the number of islands. Note two adjacent 1's make a single island   Answer Question
    • Implement find and replace.   Answer Question
    • Print out a 2-d matrix in a spiral. This is similar to a more common problem, rotate a matrix 90 degrees.   Answer Question
    • Find the median of an unsorted list of integers in O(n) time.   Answer Question

Senior Software Development Engineer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Redmond, WA

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at Microsoft (Redmond, WA) in May 2017.

Interview

I applied via employee referral process. After phone call with Dev Lead I managed to fly to Redmond. It was 3 round interview loop in one day, second day I received offer.

Interview Questions

• coding on white table (data structures), solution architecture related questions   Answer Question

Software Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Redmond, WA

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Microsoft (Redmond, WA) in May 2017.

Interview

This was a telephonic interview. I was not asked anything related to the technologies that I had applied for (C#, SQL, XAML) but the questions were very generic (data structure and algorithms).

Interview Questions

• Was asked about different kinds of tree traversals. And was asked to write down the 8 queens problem algorithm.   Answer Question

Services Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Redmond, WA

Application

I applied through a staffing agency. I interviewed at Microsoft (Redmond, WA) in May 2017.

Interview

First there was in-person interview screen with a recruiter which lasted 45 minutes and was mainly general behavioral questions. Then I was invited back for a loop interview with 4 employees in services. Each interview was 45 minutes.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about a time you had to deal with a difficult customer.   Answer Question

Senior Privacy Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Bellevue, WA

Application

I applied through other source. I interviewed at Microsoft (Bellevue, WA) in May 2017.

Interview

I met with the hiring manager before the job was posted. After it was posted, I worked directly with the recruiter to arrange travel and an interview schedule. I had several phone interviews, but only one in-person interview.
    After an on-campus lunch, I met with the hiring manager who told me the interview structure required the process to stop if any interviewers had hesitation. One person was unsure if I was the right fit for the role, which stopped the process.
    I was given good feedback concerning my interview and responses, and will use the advice during future interviews.

Interview Questions

• What would you do if you received a suspicious email?   1 Answer