Microsoft Product Manager Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Updated Jun 9, 2017

3.4

126 Candidate Interview ReviewsBack to all Interviews

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Redmond, WA

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Microsoft (Redmond, WA).

Interview

Was asked to meet in person after the first interview

Interview Questions

• Nothing about the interview was unexpected. I would however recommend to not overstate anything on your resume and be prepared for behavioral questions.   Answer Question

They could not match another offer i received

Product Marketing Manager Interview

Anonymous Employee in Redmond, WA

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Microsoft (Redmond, WA) in October 2013.

Interview

The first round was a phone interview with HR, second round was a phone interview with the hiring manager, and then the third round was an interview loop with 3 managers and the GM for the team. The questions were pretty orthodox, they asked about my interest in technology and Microsoft products, my previous experiences, and then they put me through a couple "cases" to test my skills at building and executing marketing strategies

Interview Questions

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at Microsoft.

Interview

met with 5 different people - some peers in team, others peers in different teams. If you get through these, you will meet a senior level person (the 'as appropriate') who will evaluate you for overall fit for Microsoft.

Interview Questions

• None difficult per se, just very behavioral in nature: "how would you size this market?", for example.   Answer Question

Negotiation

difficult to negotiate a lot on salary as they put you into a level band - but worth effort. Much more flexibility around 1-time expenditures, like signing bonus.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Mountain View, CA

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at Microsoft (Mountain View, CA) in October 2013.

Interview

Had 1 technical interview, 2 design interviews and 1 behavioral interview. The interviewers were all from different divisions and the behavioral interview was very short.

I tend to be nervous during technical interviews but the interviewer was very friendly. The design questions were fun and it was overall a good experience.

Interview Questions

• How would you design a web-based application for collaborative work?   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Pittsburgh, PA

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 3 days. I interviewed at Microsoft (Pittsburgh, PA) in October 2013.

Interview

The interview was ok and the interviewer was very nice. Just I didn't expect he would ask some question not related to writing codes. So, a bit un-prepared at the beginning. Then everything went fine. The interviewer was quite warm and encouraging and nice. And as he was a former graduate from my school, he knew the courses I talked about and had a good idea of what I have learnt in the school.

Interview Questions

• Design a novel remoter that has only one button to control the TV.
      Write the binary search.   Answer Question

Product Intelligence Manager Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Microsoft in May 2013.

Interview

First round Phone interview on previous experience and skills followed by an assignment. A data set was given and was asked to analyze and prepare a presentation on the analysis result. Upon the selection based on assignment performance was called in for an onsite interview to Seattle. All expenses paid. 6 rounds of one on one interviews. Covering topics on statistics, sql, case based questions and general mathematical skills. Final round was a stress interview. Got the offer in 3 to 4 days.

Interview Questions

• Stress interview and question on monte carlo simulation.   Answer Question

Senior Product Manager Interview

Interview

Sent resume through campus career fair, scheduled a on campus interview.

Associate Product Manager Intern Interview

Anonymous Employee in Redmond, WA

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Microsoft (Redmond, WA) in March 2013.

Interview

I applied through our on campus recruiting website and received an email a few days later inviting me to a phone interview. The phone interview was quick but pleasant. We talked a little bit about Microsoft and then dove right in to theoretical marketing questions. I think the recruiter was just trying to get a feel for how I thought about the questions.

About 3 days after the phone interview I was invited to fly out to Seattle for an intern interview day. They were very accommodating in providing hotel rooms, rental cars, and daily meal budgets. The interview day itself started with a group of about 20 candidates mingling with current employees and having some general questions answered in an informal setting. Then each candidate had 4 interviews with 4 different people from the company (different divisions, different levels of seniority). The interviews were very relaxed and low pressure. They then shuttled us back to the hotel for the night. I received an email extending me an offer before I got home from the trip.

Interview Questions

• Tell me a specific insight you gained from your most recent work experience.   Answer Question

Negotiation

For internships there is no negotiation process other than them being flexible on how long you have to respond. The offer is generous enough that you will likely not need to negotiate.

Senior Product Marketing Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Seattle, WA

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 3 days. I interviewed at Microsoft (Seattle, WA) in March 2013.

Interview

The principal recruiter swiftly worked through my willingness to relocate and assessed my tolerances for salary reduction in a 4 minute call, then wouldn't return one phone call and 2 emails.

Interview Questions

• What were my thoughts on implication of leveraging social data within search results.   1 Answer

Product Marketing Manager Interview

Anonymous Employee in Bellevue, WA

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2+ weeks. I interviewed at Microsoft (Bellevue, WA) in March 2013.

Interview

I had 4 interviews with various product teams and they were very free flowing and conversational. I had 1 semi-case interview and various other conversational interview around background. The entire process lasted the entire day. Interviews are 45 min long and the HR keeps taking you from 1 meeting to the other with 15-30 min breaks

Interview Questions

• tell me about yourself, reasons for changing jobs, going to b school, why Microsoft and general questions about cultural fit. Cultural fit is big within Microsoft is a major hurdle during interviews   Answer Question