Microsoft Software Development Engineer In Test (SDET) II Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Microsoft Software Development Engineer In Test (SDET) II Interview Questions

3.4

Software Development Engineer In Test (SDET) II Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Hyderabad (India)

Application

I applied through a recruiter. I interviewed at Microsoft (Hyderabad (India)) in June 2013.

Interview

Interview was simple asked 2 questions

a) Find the number of words in a document
b) Bulbs problem / puzzle given 2 bulbs find the maximum number of floors the bulbs can be dropped without breaking

I provided reasonably good answers for both the questions cross checked on the net after the interview but somehow they refused to go further dissapointed after putting in lot of efforts

Looks like interviewers at microsoft have an attitude of only "they know the things" and do not encourage a learning attitude

Interview Questions

Other Interview Reviews for Microsoft

Software Development Engineer In Test (SDET) II Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Dublin, Co. Dublin (Ireland)

Application

I applied through a staffing agency. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Microsoft (Dublin, Co. Dublin (Ireland)) in May 2013.

Interview

1 Written test + 2 technical rounds.
    Written test: Fix 3 bugs and 1 feature coding
    1 round: CV Walkthrough + White Board Coding (Check for valid brackets in String)
    1 round: Basic Testing Question (test plan, test strategy, various types of testing, security testing etc), White Board Coding (Reverse a linked list, Sort an array which has only digits 0-9)

Interview Questions

• Lot of Theory types of questions like test plan, test strategy.   Answer Question

Software Development Engineer In Test (SDET) II Interview

Anonymous Employee in Zelenograd (Russia)

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2+ weeks. I interviewed at Microsoft (Zelenograd (Russia)) in April 2013.

Interview

2 remote technical interviews (skype, audio only). One with team lead. It was quite difficult, but bearable. Second with SDET 2. It was quite easy.
    1 technical interview in office, airplane tickets was paid. Interview was very hard, as for me. 2 hours of continuous questions regarding my technical knowledge and personal qualities.
    1 stress interview with technical director. It was the worst one. After that I thought I will never get an offer. I was ready for stress testing, but not in my field of knowledge.
    1 formal interview with HR specialist. Pure pleasure.

Interview Questions

• "Tell me about your biggest achievement?"   1 Answer

Negotiation

Don't underestimate yourself. Be confident, calm, friendly but tough.

Software Development Engineer In Test (SDET) II Interview

Interview

4 rounds + lunch interview

Interview Questions

• Tree with black and white nodes is given. Find a longest path of white nodes in the given tree.   Answer Question

Software Development Engineer In Test (SDET) II Interview

Application

I applied through a recruiter. I interviewed at Microsoft.

Interview

on-site interview -- 5 rounds

Interview Questions

• a huge matrix with 1 and 0, block the block of 1. elements could be "connected" by left, right, up or down side; but no diagonal.
      my answer, scan one by one, after getting the first 1, use stack walking to all neighour 1 and change them into 0, count++
      then the interview asked how to make it parallel, ...
      Answer Question

Software Development Engineer In Test (SDET) II Interview

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Microsoft.

Interview

I was contacted by a recruiter on LinkedIn and was scheduled for an online tech-interview via Skype. Interviewer called me on Skype at specified time. He was really friendly and easy to communicate. Becides general questions about what I was resposible for at my previous/current jobs, there were few technical questions. Basically, interviewer was usually fine wihout getting too much into the details when I was answerting them. I can remeber few questions:
    - What is the difference between thread and process?
    - What x86 EAX register is usually used for?
    - What is the perfect C++ source code?
    - How to detect if the 2D point is inside 2D polygon?
    - Among 1e+6 2D vectors, how to find all collinear?

Interview Questions

• Which x86 CPU register usually holds the result?   1 Answer

Software Development Engineer In Test (SDET) II Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Bengaluru (India)

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at Microsoft (Bengaluru (India)) in June 2012.

Interview

Interview process started with tell me about urself and asked project related questions

1. U have an array which is sorted row wise and column wise, find an element

2. trim a binary search tree

3. Implement Circular queue using arrays

4. Least common ancestor without using recursion

Software Development Engineer In Test (SDET) II Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New Delhi (India)

Application

I applied through a staffing agency. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at Microsoft (New Delhi (India)) in June 2012.

Interview

HR was quite efficient, interview started at right time,
    Got rejected after three rounds of interviews.
    It was almost evening and interviewer looked tired in last round.

Software Development Engineer In Test (SDET) II Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Microsoft in February 2012.

Interview

It was tiring. Had a long day at work and still had to come down for interview

Software Development Engineer In Test (SDET) II Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at Microsoft in January 2011.

Interview

I got called. Then I had the phone interview. After 3 weeks, they said they wanted me to do a on-site interview. I have 4 technical interviewers. Not too difficult. I had cold that day.