Microsoft Management Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Microsoft Management Interview Questions

3.1

30 Candidate Interview ReviewsBack to all Interviews

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Microsoft in February 2016.

Interview

I submitted my application for the position 4 days after it opened for applications. Shortly afterwards received an invitation to an online test. Then I heard nothing for a couple of months.

Subsequently received a message from Microsoft stating that candidates are processed on a first come first served basis and due to the large volume of very high quality applications received, my application was put on hold. 3 months later was informed they will not be progressing with the application as they had filled all the available positions.

Given the strength of my application and when I submitted it, I find the "first come first served basis" of the feedback to be of low value.

Interview Questions

• Online test involved psychometric questions involving tech, business, team working, Microsoft products etc.   1 Answer

Project Management & Business Consulting Interview

Anonymous Employee in Riyadh (Saudi Arabia)

Application

I applied online. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at Microsoft (Riyadh (Saudi Arabia)) in May 2015.

Interview

I applied online and conducted the online test. 3 days later, I have been contacted through email to conduct an interview at the company. the interview took about 15 mins. a bout a week later they told me that I've accepted

Interview Questions

• what did you apply at microsoft & why are particulary interested in that position?   Answer Question
    • which microsoft platform you like the most & why?   Answer Question
    • talk about yourself & why will we accept you?   Answer Question

Project Management and Business Consulting Graduate Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Reading, England (UK)

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Microsoft (Reading, England (UK)) in December 2014.

Interview

After submitting the online application and the situational judgement test I was invited for a Video Interview. I had to answer 8 questions, having 2 minutes per answer and 30 sec to prepare my answer. The questions were:
    1. What do you do/How do you feel when you receive unexpected new tasks to finish during the day?
    2. How do you respond to someone senior that challenges your opinion?
    3. Do you identify opportunities for improving efficiency regularly?
    4. How do you feel when dealing with negative colleagues?
    5. How do you take the lead in group projects- what do you do and why?
    6. Are you passionate about Microsoft?
    7. Do you find it challenging when working with people who are less like you?
    8. Who will you contact when you have an issue at work?

It took them 2 days to send me an invitation for the Skype Interview. Questions during the interview were such as:
    - Explain some kind of technology to someone who has no knowledge of technology.
    - What does success mean to you?
    - What qualities do you need in order to be successful at this MACH scheme?
    - Why are you passionate about Microsoft, why the Consulting scheme, why technology?
    - How do you handle change, how do you feel when unexpected changes occur?
    - Tell me what current news you know about Microsoft.

Interview Questions

• Explain some kind of technology to someone who has no knowledge of technology.   Answer Question

Project Management Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Reading, England (UK)

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at Microsoft (Reading, England (UK)) in January 2015.

Interview

Quite in depth and well rounded questions around project management. They asked about my strengths and weaknesses and throughout, it was carried out in an environment I felt comfortable in, including a friendly interviewee.

Interview Questions

• Explain when a project didn't go the way I wanted and how did I react to it?   Answer Question

Program Management Interview

Interview

Group discussion - general topic. Candidate should try to include trending technology into the argument in order to gain the attention of the panel.
    Three rounds of personal interview - For this role candidate needs to explain previous work experience. Why he/she wants to join Microsoft. Display the capability to ask questions and gather information. Experience in writing functional specification is a bonus.

Negotiation

There was no negotiation

Senior Management, Factory Management Interview

Anonymous Employee in Shenzhen, Guangdong (China)

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Microsoft (Shenzhen, Guangdong (China)) in December 2012.

Interview

Interview preparations were well-thought, the processes itself were very heartwarming & professional. Interview panels & hiring manager were on time, professional & passionate in sharing company views & how this role contributes to the growth. Entire hiring & negotiation process prove the brand to be people-oriented, definitely a company to recommend a friend for next career move.

Interview Questions

• How is my ability of Change Management help getting through the operational crisis.   Answer Question

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Microsoft in October 2012.

Interview

I went to a networking event on my college campus and secured a 30 minute interview for their supply chain management program for new college graduates. The interview was one-on-one on my college campus and if I were to make it to the second round they would take me out to Seattle.

Interview Questions

• What Microsoft product would you be most excited to work on?   Answer Question
    • What Microsoft product do you feel needs the most improvement?   Answer Question
    • Tell me about a time when you had to escalate a problem to someone higher in command.   Answer Question
    • In the past year, what was the most difficult obstacle you had to face, and how did you overcome it?   Answer Question

Quality Management Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Dublin, Co. Dublin (Ireland)

Application

The process took 2+ weeks. I interviewed at Microsoft (Dublin, Co. Dublin (Ireland)) in October 2011.

Interview

3 phone interviews. HR, quality expert from the team and the VP for the function.
    Face-to-face interviews with the hiring manager and one other manager from their department.
    Positive experience overall. Questions were tough, but fair.
    HR was pretty standard stuff. Quality guru really drilled into use of various tools.

Product Management Interview

Application

I applied through other source. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Microsoft in July 2008.

Interview

Interview loop,pretty standard. Lots of situational interviewing.

Interview Questions

• Focus on key skill areas, like communications, collaboration, intellectual horsepower, etc.   Answer Question

Management Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at Microsoft in April 2008.

Interview

i dont thik that i have any advice to offer here. I am not much interested in advices