Microsoft Manager Interview Questions | Glassdoor

1,287 Interview Reviews

3.3

1,287 Candidate Interview Reviews Back to all Interviews

Program Manager Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Microsoft in October 2016.

Interview

On-campus interview. No coding questions. The interviewer was nice. Asked a few scenario questions and why Microsoft... helped lead you in the right direction if needed.

Still waiting for a response on the interview...

Interview Questions

• Why do you want to work for Microsoft and why Program Manager?   Answer Question
    • If you have team and two features with the same deadline - for example, the calling feature and the texting feature for the phone. How would you manage the team? He later gave hints to explain that there are also investor meetings every few months etc...   1 Answer
    • If you have to choose between two features, how do you go about it when both of the people have been working on the feature for many months... essentially you don't want to hurt their feelings etc... or more accurately he meant that you might be pushing a feature from your group and another PM will push their own feature, how will you present yours so that yours is selected, etc...   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Cambridge, MA

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 5 days. I interviewed at Microsoft (Cambridge, MA) in October 2016.

Interview

On campus interview. I submitted for a general engineering role my resume and an interest form through my school's online job platform, and was allowed to sign up for an interview. Interviewed with an engineering manager, who asked if I was more interested in PM or SWE. He then slanted the interview towards a more PM role. I haven't heard back since the interview, and it's been a week and a half.

Interview Questions

• As a PM, walk me through the process of designing an alarm clock app   1 Answer

Technical Account Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Provo, UT

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Microsoft (Provo, UT) in October 2016.

Interview

They asked me about a project I performed, and informed me that they will ask me question during the interview about it. The interviewer was not informed about how the process would continue, or it was his tecnique to avoid telling me if I would pass to a 2nd interview, but he did not tell me what the next steps were, or when could I expect to have feedback from them.

Interview Questions

• What project can you mention?   1 Answer
    • How did you organize yourself and how did you prepare to accomplish it?   1 Answer

Marketing Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Redmond, WA

Application

I applied online. The process took 5 days. I interviewed at Microsoft (Redmond, WA) in October 2016.

Interview

Typical Microsoft Interview, where you meet 3-4 people asking you about your background and then questions about how your past experience would apply to the current role. Once you make it through the first round of interviews you usually get send on to meet with an executive on the team. If you pass you usually get an offer.

Interview Questions

• When would your manager review your work as successful.   Answer Question

Senior Finance Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Redmond, WA

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2+ weeks. I interviewed at Microsoft (Redmond, WA) in October 2016.

Interview

Two phone interviews followed by on site interviews.
    Flew in the day before, had 6 interviews in one day.
    I am used to having several meetings a day, so no big deal, but it may be tiring for some folks.
    One of the interviewers was condescending, saying I should be prepared to work with a lot of smart people. Given that I work in a very successful organization, my facial expression couldn't fake my displeasure. I most likely blew the interview here.
    Interviewers were not prepared for some questions I had about strategy and the company overall.
    Overall the process went smooth.
    Two weeks later I send a follow up email and was informed I was not selected 2 hours later.
    I really think HR folks should be more concerned about giving feedback. Please be professional and provide results in a timely manner.

Interview Questions

• What relevant thing you did in the past that made a difference?   Answer Question
    • Why do you want to work in his position, why leave company X?   Answer Question

Product Marketing Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New Orleans, LA

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Microsoft (New Orleans, LA) in October 2016.

Interview

Good interview process. Well organized. I walked away feeling that in addition to the actual position I was interviewing for, that the interviewers would be "contacts" in the future.

Interview Questions

• Was I willing to relocate?   1 Answer

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Boston, MA

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Microsoft (Boston, MA) in October 2016.

Interview

I applied through my college's application process and interviewed on campus. There was only one interviewer, who was a senior program manager at Microsoft. I was asked about some of the things I had listed on my resume, why I wanted to be a program manager, and some design questions.

Interview Questions

• Why program management? How would you design an alarm clock app?   1 Answer

Product Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Durham, NC

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at Microsoft (Durham, NC) in October 2016.

Interview

Applied online, they sent me an email a couple weeks later telling me they wanted to proceed with an interview. Had a couple of days to prepare for the product management interview and then went to the on-campus interview center to conduct my interview. Didn't last for more that 40 minutes, woman was nice and friendly.

Interview Questions

• Basic behavioral question before going into a product design question, had to be very thorough with details and make considerations. Interviewer was pretty nice, gave clues and helped point me in certain directions to get me on the track she wanted. Ended up moving onto second round but by that point, spaces had already filled up.   1 Answer

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Redmond, WA

Application

I applied through an employee referral. I interviewed at Microsoft (Redmond, WA) in October 2016.

Interview

The interview process usually takes about one month. Depending on the group culture, it can take longer as the interviewer would like extended team members to interview the candidate. It is best to learn as much as you can from phone interview with the hiring manager before you meet with the immediate and extended teams. Bring samples of work if they are relevant to the role you're applying for.

Interview Questions

• What are strengths and weaknesses   1 Answer

Project Manager Interview

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Microsoft in October 2016.

Interview

They were doing mass interviews in Austin - looking for a variety of students to fill front facing technology roles. I was first interviewed at a career fair which was just a resume interview. Then they flew me to Texas for a series of interviews (3 total) one of which included a presentation on anything you were passionate about.

Interview Questions

• What kind of software would you use for project management?   1 Answer