Microsoft Interview Questions in Irving, TX | Glassdoor

Microsoft Interview Questions in Irving, TX

3.2

Support Escalation Engineer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Irving, TX

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Microsoft (Irving, TX).

Interview

Standard Processes:
    * Recruiter and/or Online Application
    - Worked with Recruiter and filled out online application
    [Always have a clean updated resume]

* Phone Screen
    - was high level Technical with some dive to test that you understand what you are talking about.

* On-Site In-Person interview with those from the team you are applying for and their manager.
    Two Rounds: 1st was very technical and the more you show you know the deeper the interviewers will drive
    2nd was with the hiring manager - testing soft skills and personality

* Background Checks
    - No Drug Testing was preformed for my process.

You have a good chance of being hired if you feel defeated after the technical interview if it was at least an hour long of questions and scenarios. Please know your stuff.

Interview Questions

• Detail every aspect that you know about Exchange Online and Hybrid Deployments - dive as deep as possible.
      -Then we will break this down with scenarios and test your ability to investigate and troubleshoot.
      2 Answers
    • Soft-skills were tested: How to handle customers; employees; managers; in various scenarios.   2 Answers
    • What was the most difficult technical issue you had to solve?   2 Answers
    • What was the most difficult social issue you had to solve?   2 Answers
    • Why do you want to work for Microsoft?   2 Answers

Support Engineer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Irving, TX

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at Microsoft (Irving, TX) in October 2015.

Interview

It was warm welcoming interview. The interviewers really go way out to make sure that the interviewers feel comfortable with the interviewing process. They allow to ask all the questions in the world to understand the culture at Microsoft, the job position, and question you want to ask.

Services Advisor (Microsoft Retail Store) Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Irving, TX

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 5 days. I interviewed at Microsoft (Irving, TX) in March 2015.

Interview

Contacted by Recruiter. Sent to Las Colinas, TX location for a 2 day interview process. First day was a group interview, in which 30-40 individuals were taken into a presentation room and shown a video racked with so much cheese, and fabricated excitement, supposedly depicting how much energy and excitement pumped out of individuals working at Microsoft Retail Stores. Participation was the "key" to being asked to come back the following day for interviews with 3 different representatives of Microsoft, one of which was with the store manager. Was given the green light for the 2nd day of interviews, in which I thought went very well, although I only interviewed twice...the first of which was with 2 individuals, one extremely pleasant, and the other, extremely curious. That interview ended with a sincere welcoming smile, a jovial handshake, and the words "I look forward to working with you in the near future." The second interview was with the Store manager, who I thought was being really cool, and not really engaging me much as he finished notes from his previous interview for most of the time we were sharing oxygen in the same space. I figured this was a good sign, and that he already felt so comfortable with me, due to the fact that Microsoft initiated contact with me, completely unsolicited (I had not even applied for this, nor any other position with Microsoft), about the position, saying they were certain this role fit me like a glove (technically, most will define that I was "shortlisted"), so I didn't think anything of it, and overall had a great feeling that I would receive an offer, as was nearly affirmed when first contacted by Microsoft.

They advised me that I would hear something in 7-10 days. I departed feeling wondrous, like my life was finally starting to change for the better. 3 weeks to a little over a month passed, and the only information I was given from my recruiter, after several attempts to make contact, was via email; They were still working on the offers, and that they would be sent out in the next few days. This news kept me hanging out next to my mailbox for an additional 2 weeks (JUST CRUEL), and then I finally received an email from the recruiter that I had not been selected for the position. I didn't receive the official notice from Microsoft until nearly 2.5 months had passed.

As you can probably imagine, I was devastated, and felt extremely foolish for thinking that something good, something that I was deserving of, was going to happen in my life, that might just end up saving me from utter demise of all self confidence, and self worth.

Senior Support Escalation Engineer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Irving, TX

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Microsoft (Irving, TX) in March 2015.

Interview

Very Technical - requires enough preparation, read and read and read. Check MSFT for most commonly asked exchange questions. requires enough preparation, read and read and read. Check MSFT for most commonly asked exchange questions.

Interview Questions

• A lot of exchange questions   1 Answer

Negotiation

not that much

Fulfillment Specialist Interview

Anonymous Employee in Irving, TX

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Microsoft (Irving, TX) in November 2014.

Interview

I was brought in by a requiter and met directly with the team lead and his subordinate. They asked a series of questions regarding my background and how I would handle customers on the phone.

Interview Questions

• In what order would you call back the following customers. (articulate individual with small problem, older person with small problem, angry person with big problem.)   1 Answer

Premier Field Engineer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Irving, TX

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 4+ months. I interviewed at Microsoft (Irving, TX) in June 2014.

Interview

Call from Recruiter at MS. Led to some tech questions from recruiter. She said I didn't have to be SME. I wasn't! Led to 1/2 hour interview on site with 2 managers.

Exchange Escalation Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Irving, TX

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at Microsoft (Irving, TX) in April 2014.

Interview

I was contacted by a recruiter who did a phone screening right on the phone. I than had a second phone interview with a team member. I then moved on to an on site interview. This lasted for about 3 hours.

Interview Questions

• The hardest questions I got was related to the project. The team knew the software at a very high level   Answer Question

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 3 days. I interviewed at Microsoft (Irving, TX) in October 2013.

Interview

I had called into a recruiter and was told about the job through a friend of a friend. They took one look at my resume and had called for an interview at the recruiter's office. They brought me in to make sure I didn't have horns protruding from my head or a third eye, I got a call within an hour to say they had an opening for an Interview at Microsoft the next day which I accepted. I showed up half an hour early for the interview and stayed in my car reading my notes, walked through the door to the lobby twenty minutes early and signed in with the front desk. The interview before me was taking awhile and they brought me up thirty minutes late. I sat in a conference room waiting patiently and then they brought me into the room to interview with the networking recruiter between the recruiting company and Microsoft and the department manager who was also a contractor for Microsoft. The interview they tried to get a hold of my personality, basic questions, etc. I tried to ask questions and get a feel for them and the job. They seemed generally impressed someone was willing to come in for this job with my background at the pay they were offering. The interview felt short and after it was over I called the recruiter to let them know how it went. Within an hour he had a phone call saying they wanted to hire me and to come in the next day to fill out paperwork.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about yourself? What are your strengths? What are your weaknesses? What do you enjoy doing? What do you hate doing? How do you handle pressure? Have you ever had to deal with a difficult customer?   1 Answer

Negotiation

It was contract work, nothing was negotiable, believe me I tried.

Technical Account Manager Interview

Anonymous Employee in Irving, TX

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 3 days. I interviewed at Microsoft (Irving, TX) in October 2012.

Interview

1. Applied online, through school's career site and talked with reps at career fair.
    2. On campus interview. 30 minutes standard questions (Why Microsoft, time you had a problem and what would you do differently, etc.)
    3. On site interview in Irving for. 4 30 minute interviews.

Interview Questions

• Roleplay with interviewer of GE CIO calling me because their Exchange server has been down for 1.5 hours and they've lost 1.5 million dollars in revenue.

Consulting question about how to optimize getting a drink product to multiple stores during a Super Bowl promotion where they were selling out at 60% of the stores.

Why Microsoft and not Google or Apple or Facebook?

Explain the cloud to me as if I'm a customer who doesn't understand what it is.

*There were different groups of interviewers who even though they were interviewing for the same positions asked completely different questions.
      Answer Question

Negotiation

I didn't attempt to negotiate because it was a generous offer and the best I had received.

Corporate Account Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Irving, TX

Application

The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Microsoft (Irving, TX) in November 2009.

Interview

The process was very organized and easy to get through. I was disaapointed at the questions being asked. The process was described as a group of different one on one interviews each probing a different area. 4 out of 5 of the interviews asked the same questions and only the hiring manager asked a few new questions. It was a pleasant expereince and in the end they chose an internal candidate. Great expereince and very professional. The recruiter was very effective and responsive.