Microsoft Interview Questions in London, England | Glassdoor

3.2

49 Candidate Interview ReviewsBack to all Interviews

Technical Solutions Professional Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in London, England (UK)

Application

The process took 2+ weeks. I interviewed at Microsoft (London, England (UK)).

Interview

Technical pre-screening phone call followed by 3x1hr interviews covering commercial, technical and hiring manager. Technical questions were designed to start from easy overview questions to deep dive on each technology stack required. This is to gauge your level of knowledge not to trip you up. Don't expect to answer everything

Software Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in London, England (UK)

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Microsoft (London, England (UK)) in October 2017.

Interview

The recruiter informed me a week before that I would have a 30-minutes interview for the role. The structure of the interview was 15 minutes behavioral and questions on my CV, almost 10 minutes a technical question and I also had 3-4 minutes to ask any question I had.

Interview Questions

• 1) Tell me about your experience (Questions on my CV).
      2) Tell me about a time in your working experience when you dealt with a problem with a colleague and what did you do.
      3) Reverse a Linked List.   Answer Question

Software Development Engineer Interview

Anonymous Employee in London, England (UK)

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Microsoft (London, England (UK)).

Interview

The first stage was a programming homework, to be completed in one day in a language of choice.
    This was followed by an on site technical interviews which consisted of standard algorithmic problem solving questions, design, testing plus some machine learning / statistic.

In conclusion, one to one chat with principal manager.

BA Interview

Anonymous Employee in London, England (UK)

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at Microsoft (London, England (UK)) in March 2017.

Interview

Great interview. They took great interest in me so I was able to accept the job and improve work experience. Would recommend the interview process because it was easy to get an offer

Artist Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in London, England (UK)

Application

The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Microsoft (London, England (UK)) in February 2017.

Interview

The interview consisted of being shortlisted first then a skype interview with a panel of three people. It was a very casual laid back interview, asking what games I was interested in, what games I'd been playing. General chat and a few questions about pipeline, as well as artistic opinions and choices and why.

Marketing Placement Year Interview

Anonymous Employee in London, England (UK)

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Microsoft (London, England (UK)) in December 2016.

Interview

Didn't ask any competency questions, focused mainly on my knowledge of Microsoft, like who the CEO is and cloud technology questions. Make sure you know a good deal about Microsoft as this helped me to pass this stage of the process.

Interview Questions

• Who is the CEO of Microsoft? How would you explain cloud technology to a child? What makes you stand out from other students?   1 Answer

Pursuit Lead Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in London, England (UK)

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at Microsoft (London, England (UK)) in December 2016.

Interview

Recruiter disconnected call during a conversation did not bother to say goodbye and officially close the loop.
    Shocked by a lack of professionalism at MS Recruiting Team since not long ago I was working there and experienced successful job interview, it was top quality interviewing experience from start to the finish perhaps because it was handled by an external agency not directly by MS Recruiting Team. Shame because this does not look any more like a top company to work for.

Interview Questions

• walk Recruiter through CV and past jobs   2 Answers

Senior Business Development Manager Interview

Anonymous Employee in London, England (UK)

Application

I applied through a staffing agency. I interviewed at Microsoft (London, England (UK)).

Interview

The interview was relevant to the objectives and functions of the role. Main focus was on skills and experience from my past. I would suggest researching their products and people in detail and have a viewpoint where they can improve across specific products. Also understand where they stand against their competition and what they should and can learn from what the competitors are doing well.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

They are open to negotiation

Graduate Scheme Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in London, England (UK)

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ weeks. I interviewed at Microsoft (London, England (UK)) in November 2016.

Interview

2 psychometric tests, Video Interview then a skype interview. Presumably the next stage would have been an assessment centre but I didn't make it that far. The skype interview was particular tough and given the opportunity again I would research a lot more around the board members of microsoft, their backgrounds and agendas.

Interview Questions

• Who is the current CEO of Microsoft and what is his agenda?   2 Answers
    • How would you describe cloud computing to a 7 year old?   3 Answers

Graduate Technology Consulting Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in London, England (UK)

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at Microsoft (London, England (UK)) in October 2016.

Interview

Completed an online situational judgement test then was invited to a video interview. Questions flashed up automatically, and there was not a person asking the questions. mostly basic competency questions