Microsoft Interview Questions in London, England | Glassdoor

Updated Jan 27, 2017

3.2

Marketing Placement Year Interview

Anonymous Employee in London, England (UK)

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Microsoft (London, England (UK)) in December 2016.

Interview

Didn't ask any competency questions, focused mainly on my knowledge of Microsoft, like who the CEO is and cloud technology questions. Make sure you know a good deal about Microsoft as this helped me to pass this stage of the process.

Interview Questions

• Who is the CEO of Microsoft? How would you explain cloud technology to a child? What makes you stand out from other students?   Answer Question

Pursuit Lead Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in London, England (UK)

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at Microsoft (London, England (UK)) in December 2016.

Interview

Recruiter disconnected call during a conversation did not bother to say goodbye and officially close the loop.
    Shocked by a lack of professionalism at MS Recruiting Team since not long ago I was working there and experienced successful job interview, it was top quality interviewing experience from start to the finish perhaps because it was handled by an external agency not directly by MS Recruiting Team. Shame because this does not look any more like a top company to work for.

Interview Questions

• walk Recruiter through CV and past jobs   1 Answer

Senior Business Development Manager Interview

Anonymous Employee in London, England (UK)

Application

I applied through a staffing agency. I interviewed at Microsoft (London, England (UK)).

Interview

The interview was relevant to the objectives and functions of the role. Main focus was on skills and experience from my past. I would suggest researching their products and people in detail and have a viewpoint where they can improve across specific products. Also understand where they stand against their competition and what they should and can learn from what the competitors are doing well.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

They are open to negotiation

Graduate Scheme Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in London, England (UK)

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ weeks. I interviewed at Microsoft (London, England (UK)) in November 2016.

Interview

2 psychometric tests, Video Interview then a skype interview. Presumably the next stage would have been an assessment centre but I didn't make it that far. The skype interview was particular tough and given the opportunity again I would research a lot more around the board members of microsoft, their backgrounds and agendas.

Interview Questions

• Who is the current CEO of Microsoft and what is his agenda?   1 Answer
    • How would you describe cloud computing to a 7 year old?   2 Answers

Graduate Technology Consulting Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in London, England (UK)

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at Microsoft (London, England (UK)) in October 2016.

Interview

Completed an online situational judgement test then was invited to a video interview. Questions flashed up automatically, and there was not a person asking the questions. mostly basic competency questions

Summer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in London, England (UK)

Application

I applied through other source. The process took 5 days. I interviewed at Microsoft (London, England (UK)) in August 2016.

Interview

Fast and simple. I was contacted on linkedIn about Microsoft's internship opportunities, so once I replied to them I was scheduled for in interview right away.
    At the beginning of the interview I was asked to talk about a project that best proves my coding skills - I just finished my first year during which I had to support myself financially, so I didn't really have anything, I ended up talking about a coursework I didn't even remember very well. This was most of the interview.
    Finally, I had to solve a logic puzzle, the only part that went well.

Interview Questions

• Approximately, how many lines of code did you write during highschool? (?!)   Answer Question
    • Logic puzzle: you have 9 cubes, 8 weight equally, one weights more, but they all look the same. You can use a scale twice, find out the one that weights more.   1 Answer

Software Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in London, England (UK)

Application

I applied through a recruiter. I interviewed at Microsoft (London, England (UK)) in August 2016.

Interview

Worst company to interview for. Recruiters don't respond to their emails and there's no coordination between them. You usually have to pass an HR phone interview before being invited for the final round of on-site interviews. I have passed 3 HR interviews (in consecutive years) but I've never got the chance to reach the final round because the recruiters simply didn't get back to me no matter how many times I have insisted. I also know friends who were supposed to fly to a Microsoft office for the final round but they never got the plane tickets. In Eastern Europe I understand that they interview a batch of candidates at the time, so you either make it in that batch or never hear from them again.

Interview Questions

• Questions about my experience and a stupid brain teaser.   Answer Question

Intern Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in London, England (UK)

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2+ weeks. I interviewed at Microsoft (London, England (UK)).

Interview

I contacted recruiter directly via email. Process took approximately 3 weeks. I interviewed in London. They asked some behavioural questions (team experience) and a single coding question. Interview was 30 minutes long

Sales Graduate Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in London, England (UK)

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Microsoft (London, England (UK)) in November 2015.

Interview

I did the online one-way video interview. You literally set up log in to an online portal where you will have to set up your microphone and camera and get started. A bunch of videos with the question will start playing and you're given 30 seconds to review and 2 minutes to answer the questions.
    Advice: make sure your setup is good because mine wasn't and it almost ruined the interview experience for me and practice BEFORE you hit that start button on the interview!

Interview Questions

• How do you deal with criticism from a more experienced colleague?   Answer Question

Intern Interview

Anonymous Employee in London, England (UK)

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Microsoft (London, England (UK)) in October 2015.

Interview

I started by meeting a college recruiter for a discussion for around 45 minutes and ended up giving them my resume. After a couple weeks I was contacted to schedule a 30 minute phone interview. The phone interview had basic questions about my experience with some technical questions and a logic puzzle. After a week and a half I was contacted about an on-site interview.

The on-site interviews were the usual 3-4 technical and behavioural interviews with some "cultural fit" - type of questions thrown in. They were enjoyable and the interviewers were very experienced long time employees. Felt more like discussion than a test. The interview day was very pleasant and of course all travel and accommodations were handled by the company. I received the offer immediately at the end of the interviews.

Interview Questions

• Design an algorithm for parsing code to check whether all the brackets and parentheses match.   3 Answers