Microsoft Interview Questions in London, UK | Glassdoor

3.2

44 Candidate Interview ReviewsBack to all Interviews

Software Development Engineer Interview

Anonymous Employee in London, England (UK)

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Microsoft (London, England (UK)).

Interview

The first stage was a programming homework, to be completed in one day in a language of choice.
    This was followed by an on site technical interviews which consisted of standard algorithmic problem solving questions, design, testing plus some machine learning / statistic.

In conclusion, one to one chat with principal manager.

Artist Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in London, England (UK)

Application

The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Microsoft (London, England (UK)) in February 2017.

Interview

The interview consisted of being shortlisted first then a skype interview with a panel of three people. It was a very casual laid back interview, asking what games I was interested in, what games I'd been playing. General chat and a few questions about pipeline, as well as artistic opinions and choices and why.

Marketing Placement Year Interview

Anonymous Employee in London, England (UK)

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Microsoft (London, England (UK)) in December 2016.

Interview

Didn't ask any competency questions, focused mainly on my knowledge of Microsoft, like who the CEO is and cloud technology questions. Make sure you know a good deal about Microsoft as this helped me to pass this stage of the process.

Interview Questions

• Who is the CEO of Microsoft? How would you explain cloud technology to a child? What makes you stand out from other students?   1 Answer

Pursuit Lead Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in London, England (UK)

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at Microsoft (London, England (UK)) in December 2016.

Interview

Recruiter disconnected call during a conversation did not bother to say goodbye and officially close the loop.
    Shocked by a lack of professionalism at MS Recruiting Team since not long ago I was working there and experienced successful job interview, it was top quality interviewing experience from start to the finish perhaps because it was handled by an external agency not directly by MS Recruiting Team. Shame because this does not look any more like a top company to work for.

Interview Questions

• walk Recruiter through CV and past jobs   2 Answers

Senior Business Development Manager Interview

Anonymous Employee in London, England (UK)

Application

I applied through a staffing agency. I interviewed at Microsoft (London, England (UK)).

Interview

The interview was relevant to the objectives and functions of the role. Main focus was on skills and experience from my past. I would suggest researching their products and people in detail and have a viewpoint where they can improve across specific products. Also understand where they stand against their competition and what they should and can learn from what the competitors are doing well.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

They are open to negotiation

Graduate Scheme Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in London, England (UK)

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ weeks. I interviewed at Microsoft (London, England (UK)) in November 2016.

Interview

2 psychometric tests, Video Interview then a skype interview. Presumably the next stage would have been an assessment centre but I didn't make it that far. The skype interview was particular tough and given the opportunity again I would research a lot more around the board members of microsoft, their backgrounds and agendas.

Interview Questions

• Who is the current CEO of Microsoft and what is his agenda?   2 Answers
    • How would you describe cloud computing to a 7 year old?   3 Answers

Graduate Technology Consulting Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in London, England (UK)

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at Microsoft (London, England (UK)) in October 2016.

Interview

Completed an online situational judgement test then was invited to a video interview. Questions flashed up automatically, and there was not a person asking the questions. mostly basic competency questions

Summer2017 Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Paddington, England (UK)

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at Microsoft (Paddington, England (UK)) in October 2016.

Interview

Initially, the interview process was quite good with active emails being sent to me regarding the in-person interview I had to start things off. It took a while to receive a response after the interview, but all in all, it was a good experience.

Interview Questions

• They asked a question about graph traversal through all the nodes starting from a root node, where the graph could have cycles, loops, etc. I was then asked to print the value associated with each node only once, where I was given the root node.   2 Answers

Summer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in London, England (UK)

Application

I applied through other source. The process took 5 days. I interviewed at Microsoft (London, England (UK)) in August 2016.

Interview

Fast and simple. I was contacted on linkedIn about Microsoft's internship opportunities, so once I replied to them I was scheduled for in interview right away.
    At the beginning of the interview I was asked to talk about a project that best proves my coding skills - I just finished my first year during which I had to support myself financially, so I didn't really have anything, I ended up talking about a coursework I didn't even remember very well. This was most of the interview.
    Finally, I had to solve a logic puzzle, the only part that went well.

Interview Questions

• Approximately, how many lines of code did you write during highschool? (?!)   Answer Question
    • Logic puzzle: you have 9 cubes, 8 weight equally, one weights more, but they all look the same. You can use a scale twice, find out the one that weights more.   1 Answer

Software Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in London, England (UK)

Application

I applied through a recruiter. I interviewed at Microsoft (London, England (UK)) in August 2016.

Interview

Worst company to interview for. Recruiters don't respond to their emails and there's no coordination between them. You usually have to pass an HR phone interview before being invited for the final round of on-site interviews. I have passed 3 HR interviews (in consecutive years) but I've never got the chance to reach the final round because the recruiters simply didn't get back to me no matter how many times I have insisted. I also know friends who were supposed to fly to a Microsoft office for the final round but they never got the plane tickets. In Eastern Europe I understand that they interview a batch of candidates at the time, so you either make it in that batch or never hear from them again.

Interview Questions

• Questions about my experience and a stupid brain teaser.   Answer Question