Microsoft Interview Questions in Los Angeles, CA | Glassdoor

2.9

47 Candidate Interview ReviewsBack to all Interviews

Software Engineer(Internship) Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Mission Viejo, CA

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at Microsoft (Mission Viejo, CA).

Interview

Met recuriter at job fair. Had on campus interview within a week with current employee, was a developer. Talked about projects I had worked on and my experience, answered questions about Microsoft. Couple weeks later received an email stating I had an interview at Microsoft in Mission Viejo. Flight was cancelled due to weather, ended up interviewing over skype with 4-5 employees on 2 teams at location. Asked to solve problems by each.

Interview Questions

• Implement Quicksort. After implementing, implement a version that takes less space complexity (2 pointer quicksort. )   Answer Question
    • If there is a file spread across 100 machines with x amount of storage and some duplicates, how can you remove duplicates?   Answer Question

Administration Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Los Angeles, CA

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 3 days. I interviewed at Microsoft (Los Angeles, CA) in April 2017.

Interview

I can't remember exactly what was the process, but it was simple and easygoing and very nice, high tech, fast . The interview process was very helpful and informative. I'll try again later to apply for another position because it'd a very good place and environment to work at, detailed, organized, good benifets plus good careerr too.

Software Development Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Los Angeles, CA

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Microsoft (Los Angeles, CA) in December 2016.

Interview

I applied and got an on-campus interview because of a connection with Campus Recruitment.

The interview was quick, with a coding question, some resume review, and a question about explaining and making a simple diagram of a previous project. Not a very personal experience, and I likely did not stand out enough as a confident candidate.

Interview Questions

• Given the head of a linked list, write a program in your language of choice to return the middle node of the list.   5 Answers

Software Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Los Angeles, CA

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Microsoft (Los Angeles, CA) in November 2016.

Interview

The interview processed on campus. And the recruiter was generous and took half hour. She asked two questions. 1. find the mid of a linked list. 2. write a recursion to calculate the power. The interview process is easy. But I got the response after one month.

Interview Questions

• 1. find the mid of a linked list. 2. write a recursion to calculate the power   2 Answers

Intern Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Los Angeles, CA

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at Microsoft (Los Angeles, CA) in November 2016.

Interview

I received an email from the university recruiter asking to schedule an on-campus interview. By the time I scheduled it, the slots were full and they had to move me for a telephone interview

Interview Questions

• The questions were behavioral   1 Answer

Intern Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Los Angeles, CA

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at Microsoft (Los Angeles, CA) in November 2016.

Interview

It was an on campus screening. Usually these are around 45 minutes. I spoke about my projects.
    I was asked : "define what success means to me", "was there a time when you disagreed with co-workers? How did you handle it?". Then I solved two easy coding questions. Overall the interview felt a little rushed, but the coding questions are pretty easy as long as you are prepared.

Software Development Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Los Angeles, CA

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Microsoft (Los Angeles, CA) in October 2016.

Interview

I submitted my resume at an event and was contacted by a recruiter for a 30-minute on-campus interview a week later. The interview was scheduled for the next day. Everyone was friendly and questions were primarily about my resume. I also had one whiteboard coding question centered on binary trees.

Interview Questions

• What was the hardest concept for you to learn in your favorite programming language and explain it to me   Answer Question

Software Development Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Los Angeles, CA

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Microsoft (Los Angeles, CA) in September 2016.

Interview

It was an on campus interview asking basic algorithm and data structure questions. I think the Difficulty level was medium. You need to speak about your experience and past projects and code on paper or white board. It was my first tech interview so I did not have much practice. Could have gone better if I was more confident and experienced

Microsoft Summer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Los Angeles, CA

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Microsoft (Los Angeles, CA) in September 2016.

Interview

I had an on campus interview at my college after submitting my application. I showed up on time as prompted, but my interview started 15 minutes late. The interviewer also did not have my information nor my resume on hand, which was slightly off-putting. The interview process seemed very disorganized. By the time we finished the behavioral portion, there was very little time for the technical interview. They took around 3-4 weeks to respond.

Interview Questions

• Part one: Given a maze with no dead ends, navigate through the maze (no start or finish). Part 2: given a finish, navigate to the finish.   Answer Question

Software Development Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Los Angeles, CA

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Microsoft (Los Angeles, CA) in February 2016.

Interview

I spoke to a recruiter who scheduled an on-campus interview for me. The interviewer was 15 minutes late, and rushed through the interview. I was asked about my interests and career goals, and to describe some of my projects. Then I was asked a technical question and asked to write some code on a MINISCULE white board.

Interview Questions

• The numbers 1-5 are inserted, in order, into a stack. Numbers are removed from the stack one-by-one and pushed into another array (numbers could be removed at any time, even before all the numbers have been added to the stack). What order of numbers in the array could NOT be produced by this scenario? Write code to determine if a sequence of numbers could have been produced by this scenario.   3 Answers