Microsoft Manager Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Microsoft Manager Interview Questions

Updated Mar 29, 2017

3.2

Anonymous Employee in Saint Clair Shores, MI

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 days. I interviewed at Microsoft (Saint Clair Shores, MI) in January 2016.

Interview

The interview process was very rigorous. Multiple people would evaluate and look at your records and then from there you will be able to move on to other questions and other managers who look at your resume and background

Interview Questions

Other Interview Reviews for Microsoft

Anonymous Employee in Reston, VA

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 5 days. I interviewed at Microsoft (Reston, VA) in January 2014.

Interview

smooth process from start to finish. Team was very helpful in answering all questions I had regarding the work culture and environment Management was very pleasant and the office as a whole was great

Anonymous Employee in Minneapolis, MN

Application

I applied through an employee referral. I interviewed at Microsoft (Minneapolis, MN) in October 2012.

Interview

store manager

Interview Questions

• if you were building a dream team from your old company, who wouldn't you take with?   1 Answer

Negotiation

minimal

Anonymous Employee in Redmond, WA

Application

I applied through an employee referral. I interviewed at Microsoft (Redmond, WA) in February 2010.

Interview

The hiring and interviewing process was well run, with the internal recruiters doing a good job of briefing me.

Interview Questions

• What do you know about Microsoft's culture? Why do you want to join Microsoft? What s your passion?   1 Answer

Negotiation

Could negotiate relocation package and signing bonus

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Redmond, WA

Application

I applied through a staffing agency. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Microsoft (Redmond, WA) in November 2009.

Interview

I had an initial phone screen by HR and was then called on-site at Redmond. I had a full day of interviews and met with around 7 people individually. The interviews were of average difficulty and highly technical. I got to know about a week later that I wasn't getting the offer. I"m still not sure why.

Interview Questions

• Give me an example where you have had to defy your boss when you knew he was wrong, and still delivered the requirement?   Answer Question

Manager Interview

Application

The process took 8+ weeks. I interviewed at Microsoft.

Interview

Process was initially quite quick but then quite slow. An internal candidate came into the mix and as soon as that was mentioned I knew I wouldn't be progressing. Reading between the lines I think they thought I was right for the role but too young as they people on the team where in the company for a long time. It's a pity as I would have expected them to want new energy into a long serving team.

Manager Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Microsoft in November 2013.

Interview

First was a phone interview with the hiring manager. The interview was in a pleasant and open style which allowed for having a real conversation. I was briefed on the timeline following the interview. Afterwards, when they couldn't keep their own schedule, I was informed with the reason why.

I was then invited to a new interview with the executive. Again, pleasant and very open discussion. Both interviews was using the behavioral interview techniques.

Shortly after I was informed that I had made a positive impression and that they would setup a meeting with a stakeholder (internal "customer") and arrange a meeting at my location. They spent the period checking references.

After the whole process I was given some feedback, which I think is valuable to share. What made a very positive impression was that I seemed to be very honest in my responses. Too many people try to be too prepared for any question to be able to give the "right" response and that is easy to see through. Another thing was that in the discussions and through my questions, apparently I had shown that I had done good research on the position (use Linkedin!!). It enables more meaningful discussions. So do your research and connect it with your own experience.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

I was presented with a package, which was according to my expectations and competitive vs market so no reason to negotiate.

Manager Interview

Anonymous Employee in Toronto, ON (Canada)

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2+ weeks. I interviewed at Microsoft (Toronto, ON (Canada)).

Interview

The process was quick based upon a reference from an existing employee. After a couple of telephone interviews I was invited to spend a day at their office for in person interviews. I met with the hiring manager, key stakeholders and HR.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

Negation phase was quick with a couple of back and forth exchanges pertaining to terms. No movement on vacation allocation.

Manager Interview

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Microsoft.

Interview

all day panel

Interview Questions

Negotiation

open and well handled

Manager Interview

Anonymous Employee in Singapore (Singapore)

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Microsoft (Singapore (Singapore)) in October 2012.

Interview

Phone screen with Recruitment, 2 face to face interviews and one phone interview. Was a new role, so my questions specific about the JD, weren't responded to with any detail. Felt like it was still being defined

Interview Questions

• Standard behavioural questions about experiences with influencing, working in matrix, managing priorities   1 Answer

Negotiation

They had completely disregarded my expectations and experience I brought with me, felt like ameuters