Microsoft Marketing Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Updated Jul 10, 2017

3.1

40 Candidate Interview ReviewsBack to all Interviews

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Boston, MA

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Microsoft (Boston, MA) in January 2017.

Interview

Short, 30 minutes interview. Mainly behavioral questions, such as tell me about yourself, walk me through your resume or tell me about a time you faced a difficult situation. Interviewer was really laid back. In addition, was asked some short marketing mini cases.

Interview Questions

• What Microsoft products you love?
    How would you market X?   1 Answer

Other Interview Reviews for Microsoft

Marketing Interview

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Microsoft in October 2016.

Interview

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at Microsoft on campus, waiting to hear back about final interview round. They said we should hear back in one to two weeks from initial interview to be flown to the Redmond campus. Submitted my resume at on campus career fair and information session. Got a email in a couple of weeks for a 1 on 1 interview on campus. It was my first ever interview, but the interviewer was awesome. The interview went really smoothly.

Interview Questions

• Talk about yourself.
      Why Microsoft?   1 Answer

Anonymous Employee in Seattle, WA

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at Microsoft (Seattle, WA).

Interview

There was an on campus interview, followed by an on-site interview after a few weeks. The on-campus interview was 1:1, and about 30 minutes long. On site interview involved 4 rounds, with quite a few of the other groups of interns there. My guess based on the size of the program was that about 1/3 of the on-site interviewees ended up being hired for the internship.

Interview Questions

• Standard walk-me-through-your-resume, also asked for your favorite product and an explanation of why. Moreover, asked what your favorite Microsoft business unit was (or the one you were most interested in).   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Cambridge, MA

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at Microsoft (Cambridge, MA) in January 2016.

Interview

Applied through campus recruiting, had an on campus interview that lasted 30 minutes. Very causal and nice environment. Half fit interview half marketing experience evaluation. They won't try to make you mess up, they want to see how you mentally approach each problem and see your thought process as you try to solve problems they present to you.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about a marketing campaign you like? One you don't like and why?
      Questions on some of their products
      If you had to divest one of their products which one would it be?   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Durham, NC

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Microsoft (Durham, NC) in January 2016.

Interview

On campus interview. 30 minutes in length. Worked through on campus recruiting and former alumni. Very helpful to reach out to prior connections at your school. Know your resume and be able to give an anecdote about each experience.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Redmond, WA

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 5 weeks. I interviewed at Microsoft (Redmond, WA) in November 2015.

Interview

Interview process was split into 4 individual interviews. They fly you out, set you up at a hotel, and cover transportation and food. Each one of the interviews lasts 45 mins to 1 hour and the topic ranges from interviewer to interviewer. It's mostly behavioral, though I got one case-type question.

Interview Questions

• Create a marketing strategy to sell Surface to college students   Answer Question

Marketing Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at Microsoft.

Interview

pretty starightforward, mostly fit questions and then some questions about your favorite tech products and why. the person was very nice and tried to put you at ease. I didn't get any brainteasers which was great.

Interview Questions

• what do you think is a tech product that is marketed particularly well and why?   1 Answer

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Phila, PA

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Microsoft (Phila, PA) in January 2015.

Interview

Super basic. Asked questions like your strengths, weaknesses, tough situations. Recruiter was very friendly and probed me about my passion for Microsoft, and why I would pick it over another company.

Interview Questions

• Do you enjoy working in teams? If yes, tell me a time you didn't and how you fixed the problem   Answer Question

Marketing Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 3+ months. I interviewed at Microsoft.

Interview

I had a total of 5 interviews across 2 interview rounds. The first round was on the phone and included hypothetical case questions that asked what strategies would help for some situations (ex. taking market share from a leading competitor). The second round was in Redmond, and I had 4 interviews there- mainly behavioral questions were asked.

Interview Questions

• How would you convince other college students to switch to Windows products?   Answer Question

Marketing Interview

Interview

Was recruited by my school. There were on campus interviews for the position which I applied through our career website. I also had an internal referral from someone I know who works there. The first round was on campus and it wasn't bad at all. Make sure you know what marketing generally is and how to use segmenting, targeting and position to sell a product. Make sure you think about what products are marketed well too and know generally about MSFT products.

Final round I was flown out to Seattle. It was 6 back to back interviews with different divisions of MSFT marketing. Thought I did well, there was one guy who really grilled on some technicalities. Other than that, it was a laid back process and the people were really nice. Didn't end up getting but enjoyed my experience!

Interview Questions

• If you had to pick a MSFT product and expand it to another market, how would and where would you do it?

The guy who grilled interviewees really hard also asked how do you design a piano for blind people? Thrown off by that one.   Answer Question