Microsoft Marketing Manager Interview Questions | Glassdoor

3.1

38 Candidate Interview ReviewsBack to all Interviews

Market Manager Interview

Anonymous Employee in Seattle, WA

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at Microsoft (Seattle, WA) in July 2007.

Interview

structured, different aspects of compatibility with the team, knowledge of the industry, etc were tested

Interview Questions

Negotiation

ask for more money, they always offer lower end of their potential offer

Other Interview Reviews for Microsoft

Anonymous Employee in Redmond, WA

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Microsoft (Redmond, WA) in January 2016.

Interview

Heavily dependent on culture fit and capability to demonstrate that you can do the job. Depending on if you're an internal hire or external, the type of questions may vary.

Interview Questions

• tell me how you would think about figuring out how many gas stations there are in redmond, washington   1 Answer

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Redmond, WA

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Microsoft (Redmond, WA) in September 2016.

Interview

Phone screen from recruiter followed by phone interview with hiring manager. Notified a few days later re availability for all-day in-person interviews (4-6 1:1 interviews) in Redmond. Tough interview and thoughtful questions. Best thing was that everyone was really nice and professional. Recommend preparing thoroughly based on job description. Suggest wearing dressy business casual (no suits, but no jeans). Overall process from online application to outcome was about 6 weeks.

Interview Questions

• Should you practice before your interview?   2 Answers

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Redmond, WA

Application

I applied online. The process took 5 days. I interviewed at Microsoft (Redmond, WA) in October 2016.

Interview

Typical Microsoft Interview, where you meet 3-4 people asking you about your background and then questions about how your past experience would apply to the current role. Once you make it through the first round of interviews you usually get send on to meet with an executive on the team. If you pass you usually get an offer.

Interview Questions

• When would your manager review your work as successful.   1 Answer

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Durham, NC

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Microsoft (Durham, NC) in September 2016.

Interview

The process was laid back. My interviewer was dressed casually and provided an inviting environment in which we had a conversation. He started out asking me a few overview questions and used my resume as a framework for hearing more about my experience. It was a good feel for what working in the company would be like - collaborative and open.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about yourself
      Why Microsoft?   2 Answers

Marketing Manager Interview

Application

I applied through other source. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Microsoft.

Interview

Great interview process, there were several interviewers but they were all well coordinated so no overlap of questions. The last rung is the As Appropriate who is usually the skip level manager, so if you get to that person, consider you are faring well!

Interview Questions

• Describe a challenging situation and how you handled it   1 Answer

Anonymous Employee in Redmond, WA

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Microsoft (Redmond, WA) in September 2011.

Interview

7 interviews with 5 marketing managers, 1 director, and a GM. Each interview was 60 minutes. Questions varied significantly with some based on fit and others experience and skills. Interviews were direct and open. The role had many stakeholders and all were involved in the loop. It's critics to have subject matter expertise and examples of past programs.

Interview Questions

• What was your best day ever at work?   2 Answers

Negotiation

Direct with experience level being key to setting the role and compensation.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Seattle, WA

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Microsoft (Seattle, WA) in April 2011.

Interview

Really odd process - it just very randomly and suddenly ended with no warning. I was basically left in the reception area without further instructions. I asked the receptionist what to do and she didn't know anything. I sat there for a while, hoping the recruiter would return or call me (or anything). Nothing happened and I never received replies to my email asking what had happened.

Interview Questions

• Why do you want to work for Microsoft?   1 Answer

Marketing Manager Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at Microsoft.

Interview

Interview was set up through my university. Straight forward interview for a first round. 45 minute interview with one interviewer. Second round interviews are located on location at Microsoft HQ in Washington. This was for a Marketing Manager Internship. Lots of fit questions and a couple of mini-marketing case study questions. Candidates should be very familiar with Microsoft organizational structure, current products, challenges facing the company, and recent news.

Interview Questions

• Favorite and least favorite product marketing and why?   1 Answer

Anonymous Employee in Redmond, WA

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Microsoft (Redmond, WA) in December 2009.

Interview

Long interview process but the hiring process went pretty quickly.

Interview Questions

• How would you go about estimating how many manholes their are in Manhattan streets?   Answer Question

Negotiation

It went quickly