Microsoft Interview Questions in New York City, NY | Glassdoor

2.7

44 Candidate Interview ReviewsBack to all Interviews

Data Scientist Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at Microsoft (New York, NY).

Interview

Had a phone interview with a senior data scientist. I was asked to go through my resume and describe my projects. Was then asked a simple probability and statistics question with 2 parts. The interviewer then sent me a link to an interactive coding page and asked me to write R codes to solve the previous questions.

Interview Questions

• Describe one of your projects and how much responsibilities you took in delivering the results.   Answer Question

Software Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Microsoft (New York, NY) in September 2017.

Interview

As a new grad, I was asked for a hard question. I use DFS to solve it and write my thoughts on the paper. The interviewer was nice and he let me to answer him how to pass the parameters of the function as well as the condition of the end of the recursion. I show a little bit not confident when I answer the question but after all the answer is right, so I am still in the waiting list.

Interview Questions

• Find given words in the matrix.
      For example,
      the matrix =
      [a s d]
      [f g h]
      [j f v]
      ]
      and the words=['agfj','ah','vgj']
      your aim is to find which words are appeared in the matrix.
      so words 'agfj' and 'vgj' is in the matrix.   1 Answer

Software Engineer(Internship) Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 5 days. I interviewed at Microsoft (New York, NY) in August 2017.

Interview

On campus interview with an engineer. Was a fairly standard technical interview. He asked a question, I answered it and wrote the code for it. Be prepared that you will not be able to write the code on a computer.

Product Development Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 5 weeks. I interviewed at Microsoft (New York, NY).

Interview

3 questions involving a mix of analytical and technical questions.
    Initially some questions on background and CV.Followed by what are the different work areas at microsoft and what would I be interested in.Involved blackboard writing and some talking.
    The interviewer took notes along side and was definitely helpful.

Interview Questions

• Design a 3 tier app for spelling test   1 Answer

Sales Executive Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 3 days. I interviewed at Microsoft (New York, NY) in February 2017.

Interview

Was very strange. I was contacted by in an in house MS recruiter through linked in. We exchanged a few emails back and forth and set up a day/time for a call. When that time came, she didn't call me as she said she would, so I called her. She said she was in the middle of a conference so we needed to set up the call for the following day. Didn't hear from her again. Followed up with a call. Nothing. Then an email. Nada.

Interview Questions

• She asked about my current position which was similar to the role she wanted to fill.   2 Answers

Solutions Architect Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Microsoft (New York, NY).

Interview

There was a technical phone screen followed by onsite interview with 5 employees - 3 Solutions Architect and 2 Managers. 2 technical rounds were unrelated to my work profile. It's been quite a few days and I have not heard back from the recruiter, despite feedback request.
    I took a day off from work to attend this interview. Expect atleast a "No match" reply from MS HR!!

Interview Questions

• I won't be able to write the questions as I signed NDA.   1 Answer

Product Marketing Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took 3+ months. I interviewed at Microsoft (New York, NY).

Interview

Several round of interviews:
    1. Phone call with HR
    2. Skype with senior manager from the field
    3. Skype interview with 3 senior managers from different field
    4. Skype interview with 2 GM of countries which the role is covering

Interview Questions

• 1. Strengths and weakness and how am I dealing with weakness.
      2. Questions about the situations:
      - Successful project
      - Unsuccessful project
      - Team leadership
      - Cross functional leadership   1 Answer

Intern Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied through an employee referral. I interviewed at Microsoft (New York, NY).

Interview

I was referred by a friend and a recruiter contacted me in August. Despite my replies, I did not receive word of a phone interview until November. Did not hear results of phone interview until DECEMBER. And I did send a few follow-up emails requesting to know my application status.

This year, MS has been swamped with intern interviews, over-scheduling themselves. I am very disappointed in a lack of professionalism. At this point, I assume that I will not be going to onsites even though my recruiter told me I did "very well in my phone interview". I wish there was less of a lack of transparency.

Finance Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Interview

In the very first step = in the screening interview, I couldn't go thru after this. why? When they were asking about my proper positions and jobs in this company, I couldn't choose my proper 3 jobs in the currently opening job list, because my degree and experience was limited all jobs in the opening. Has to search all things, and has to prepare for announce yourself, previous jobs and what did you do other than in the resume described.

SWE Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at Microsoft (New York, NY) in November 2016.

Interview

Applied online on their website. After that, was emailed an offer to have a 1:1 interview with an engineer of the team when they visited campus. They were interviewing people all day.