Microsoft Interview Questions in New York City, NY | Glassdoor

2.7

76 Candidate Interview ReviewsBack to all Interviews

Microsoft Customer Service Interview

Anonymous Employee in Newark, NJ

Application

I applied through a recruiter. I interviewed at Microsoft (Newark, NJ) in April 2013.

Interview

i give support for all microsoft issues of any kind like microsot office and windows error like installtion and bug error we start pc and while blue screen error

Engineer Interview

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took 6 weeks. I interviewed at Microsoft (New York, NY) in January 2017.

Interview

Was very difficult and long, but worth it! They asked a lot of skill and experience questions. Defintiely research before. I would look up all the skills and memorize those because that is what they want and are looking for. I think it is a great expereince to go through this interview.

Interview Questions

• Tell us about your past experience?   1 Answer

Premier Field Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at Microsoft (New York, NY) in November 2015.

Interview

There were 3 levels of interview, including the initial phone screen. The phone screen included technical questions requiring fairly specific answers. I was subsequently called by a recruiter who worked with me through the rest of the process, scheduling the technical interview and then the manager interview. I was very impressed with the overall process, the recruiter was extremely helpful and great to work with.

Interview Questions

• What are the 3 types of DNS Zones?   2 Answers

Program Manager Interview

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Microsoft (New York, NY).

Interview

Very smooth, I was in touch with a recruiter and he helped me throughout the entire process. He helped me schedule my interviews and answered all my questions. He was able to work with my fairly busy schedule.

Interview Questions

• Questions that tested my knowledge on product design, understanding customer needs, technical background, etc.   1 Answer

Interaction Designer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Microsoft (New York, NY).

Interview

On-campus interview. Met them during career fair, did a screening interview (with quick design exercise), and did one on one interview with more senior level designer. The last interview was mostly design exercises.

Microsoft Research Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Stony Brook, NY

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at Microsoft (Stony Brook, NY) in September 2013.

Interview

It was on campus job fair at my college. I was interviewed on spot. The interviewer took my resume, and wrote my graduation date on my resume. Then he gave me the Microsoft t shirt, and told me to apply back during my junior or senior year. I was a college freshman at that time.

Interview Questions

• The interviewer asked a lot of questions about the research paper I wrote at age 17 on Cloud Computing. The he asked some problem solving questions. It was almost 2 years ago when I was a college freshman. So I can't remember the exact questions, but those were related to data structure of C++, and I could answer one question correctly out of two.   Answer Question

Solution Specialist Interview

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Microsoft (New York, NY) in February 2011.

Interview

Phone Interview, followed by in-person interview(s) with (5) managers in the Sales District, followed by presentation to Sales Leadership. I was given a choice as to which product, one at Microsoft, or my current competitive product.

Interview Questions

• Describe how you win specific deals? Describe what you learned when you lost one? Describe strengths/weaknesses? Describe your specific contribution to winning a deal (vs group)   Answer Question

Negotiation

They doubled my base! I was woefully underpaid at my then present employer so Microsoft brought me to industry norm.

Account Manager Interview

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied through an employee referral. I interviewed at Microsoft (New York, NY).

Interview

Great experience, spoke to 4 different people who asked me various behavioral questions. lots of good questions and engagement, really smart people!

Interview Questions

Negotiation

Very pleasant...

Solution Specialist Interview

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Microsoft (New York, NY) in December 2011.

Interview

The hiring process is lengthy and very detailed. At least three over the phone interviews and then one in person with a committee of at least 4 or 5 people that your interview with. Interestingly, all three of the top candidates were brought in at the same time so you could see them move from room to room as you progressed through the process. The committee votes on each of the candidates. You must received unanimous vote or you are out.

Interview Questions

• What is your greatest weakness.   1 Answer

Negotiation

No negotiation. Their offer was very fair.

Portfolio Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied through other source. The process took 7 weeks. I interviewed at Microsoft (New York, NY) in November 2011.

Interview

Firts round of phone interviews, after which I was asked to partake in a full day of interviews in the New York office (4 separate 1 on 1 interviews.) After that round, was asked to go to Redmond for final two interviews. Each interviewer was a progression in title, and each was the gate keeper to the next. The interviewers would share notes in before moving on. The recruiter for MS was very helpful, and coached me through the process.

Interview Questions

• What would you do in a certain situation? Describe a time you had to deal with a situation, and explain how you dealt with it?   1 Answer
    • Describe a time you had to deal with a situation, and explain how you dealt with it?   1 Answer