Microsoft Interview Questions in New York City, NY | Glassdoor

Updated Jan 22, 2017

2.7

SWE Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at Microsoft (New York, NY) in November 2016.

Interview

Applied online on their website. After that, was emailed an offer to have a 1:1 interview with an engineer of the team when they visited campus. They were interviewing people all day.

Solutions Architect Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Microsoft (New York, NY).

Interview

There was a technical phone screen followed by onsite interview with 5 employees - 3 Solutions Architect and 2 Managers. 2 technical rounds were unrelated to my work profile. It's been quite a few days and I have not heard back from the recruiter, despite feedback request.
    I took a day off from work to attend this interview. Expect atleast a "No match" reply from MS HR!!

Interview Questions

• I won't be able to write the questions as I signed NDA.   Answer Question

IT Consultant Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 5 days. I interviewed at Microsoft (New York, NY) in October 2016.

Interview

Fun, they flew me to TX and had two next day interviews, the 1st with two managers who determine what role best suits me, the second with more of an HR/IT lady. She determines whether you will be hired while the other two guys determine what role is your best fit so you have to present on something you are passionate about. They just want to see that you have some passion and are excited about something.

Interview Questions

• For college recruiting, they WANT you to have very little experience, less than a year. If not they will tell you to apply to regular full-time employment and not through the college transition to work program called MACH.   1 Answer

MIcrosoft Explorer Interview

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied through a recruiter. I interviewed at Microsoft (New York, NY).

Interview

I got an invitation for the phone screen (round 1) from meeting a recruiter 1-by-1. A lot of people said that as long as you show your passion for technology, you'll get the interview.

MIcrosoft Explorer Interview

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Interview

It was really great, comfortable. The recruiter was really nice and responded well to follow up questions. I think that it really helped that I asked very specific follow up questions about the specifics of the role that I want.

Interview Questions

• Choose your favorite programming concept. Now, describe it as if you were talking to a four year old.   Answer Question

Product Marketing Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took 3+ months. I interviewed at Microsoft (New York, NY).

Interview

Several round of interviews:
    1. Phone call with HR
    2. Skype with senior manager from the field
    3. Skype interview with 3 senior managers from different field
    4. Skype interview with 2 GM of countries which the role is covering

Interview Questions

• 1. Strengths and weakness and how am I dealing with weakness.
      2. Questions about the situations:
      - Successful project
      - Unsuccessful project
      - Team leadership
      - Cross functional leadership
      1 Answer

Internship Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at Microsoft (New York, NY) in October 2015.

Interview

Had an on-campus interview scheduled after the career fair. Didn't hear back from them. Seems like they ran out of interview slots to schedule people. They shouldn't have conducted the first interview in that case.

Interview Questions

• Given two strings, count how many times one string appears in the second string.   Answer Question

Support Engineer Interview

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied through a recruiter. I interviewed at Microsoft (New York, NY).

Interview

I got an email from a recruiter via LinkedIn about the job. I applied online and did a Phone interview first. Then I was called in for an on-campus interview at the Texas campus.

Interview Questions

• If you were to explain the internet to my grand-mother, how would you describe it?   Answer Question

Explore Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Microsoft (New York, NY) in November 2016.

Interview

I got an interview through the MSP Program. I had applied in August but I didn't hear from them until the mandatory MSP screening. It was an hour long phone interview, mostly behavioral. The interviewer was really really nice.

Interview Questions

• What is your favorite product? If you could change one thing about it, what would you change?
      What do you do with your computer?
      Answer Question

Premier Field Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at Microsoft (New York, NY) in November 2015.

Interview

There were 3 levels of interview, including the initial phone screen. The phone screen included technical questions requiring fairly specific answers. I was subsequently called by a recruiter who worked with me through the rest of the process, scheduling the technical interview and then the manager interview. I was very impressed with the overall process, the recruiter was extremely helpful and great to work with.

Interview Questions

• What are the 3 types of DNS Zones?   1 Answer