Microsoft Interview Questions in New York City, NY | Glassdoor

2.7

78 Candidate Interview ReviewsBack to all Interviews

Data Scientist Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at Microsoft (New York, NY).

Interview

Had a phone interview with a senior data scientist. I was asked to go through my resume and describe my projects. Was then asked a simple probability and statistics question with 2 parts. The interviewer then sent me a link to an interactive coding page and asked me to write R codes to solve the previous questions.

Interview Questions

• Describe one of your projects and how much responsibilities you took in delivering the results.   Answer Question

Software Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Microsoft (New York, NY) in March 2017.

Interview

was good as the questions asKed were relevant to the field and very good question for personality and background access, what i also like the most was the curiosity of the interviewer in my past experience and the skills that I will bring to the company

Consultant Interview

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied through other source. I interviewed at Microsoft (New York, NY) in July 2015.

Interview

Long interview cycle of 6 months. Each interview usually lasts about 1 hour. First is the hr interview, second and third here technical interviews while fourth and fifth were manager and skip manager interviews and finally last was hr interview again with the final offer.

Interview Questions

• Tell us about a situation in which you explained a technical thing to non technical audience   Answer Question

Sales Executive Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 3 days. I interviewed at Microsoft (New York, NY) in February 2017.

Interview

Was very strange. I was contacted by in an in house MS recruiter through linked in. We exchanged a few emails back and forth and set up a day/time for a call. When that time came, she didn't call me as she said she would, so I called her. She said she was in the middle of a conference so we needed to set up the call for the following day. Didn't hear from her again. Followed up with a call. Nothing. Then an email. Nada.

Interview Questions

• She asked about my current position which was similar to the role she wanted to fill.   2 Answers

Engineer Interview

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took 6 weeks. I interviewed at Microsoft (New York, NY) in January 2017.

Interview

Was very difficult and long, but worth it! They asked a lot of skill and experience questions. Defintiely research before. I would look up all the skills and memorize those because that is what they want and are looking for. I think it is a great expereince to go through this interview.

Interview Questions

• Tell us about your past experience?   1 Answer

Product Development Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 5 weeks. I interviewed at Microsoft (New York, NY).

Interview

3 questions involving a mix of analytical and technical questions.
    Initially some questions on background and CV.Followed by what are the different work areas at microsoft and what would I be interested in.Involved blackboard writing and some talking.
    The interviewer took notes along side and was definitely helpful.

Interview Questions

• Design a 3 tier app for spelling test   1 Answer

Microsoft Customer Service Interview

Anonymous Employee in Newark, NJ

Application

I applied through a recruiter. I interviewed at Microsoft (Newark, NJ) in April 2013.

Interview

i give support for all microsoft issues of any kind like microsot office and windows error like installtion and bug error we start pc and while blue screen error

SWE Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at Microsoft (New York, NY) in November 2016.

Interview

Applied online on their website. After that, was emailed an offer to have a 1:1 interview with an engineer of the team when they visited campus. They were interviewing people all day.

Solutions Architect Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Microsoft (New York, NY).

Interview

There was a technical phone screen followed by onsite interview with 5 employees - 3 Solutions Architect and 2 Managers. 2 technical rounds were unrelated to my work profile. It's been quite a few days and I have not heard back from the recruiter, despite feedback request.
    I took a day off from work to attend this interview. Expect atleast a "No match" reply from MS HR!!

Interview Questions

• I won't be able to write the questions as I signed NDA.   1 Answer

IT Consultant Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 5 days. I interviewed at Microsoft (New York, NY) in October 2016.

Interview

Fun, they flew me to TX and had two next day interviews, the 1st with two managers who determine what role best suits me, the second with more of an HR/IT lady. She determines whether you will be hired while the other two guys determine what role is your best fit so you have to present on something you are passionate about. They just want to see that you have some passion and are excited about something.

Interview Questions

• For college recruiting, they WANT you to have very little experience, less than a year. If not they will tell you to apply to regular full-time employment and not through the college transition to work program called MACH.   2 Answers