Microsoft Product Advisor Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Microsoft Product Advisor Interview Questions

Updated Dec 14, 2016

2.5

Product Advisor Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at Microsoft.

Interview

The interview stage consists of 3 processes. Usually once you have applied you will receive a phone call interview. Once that is completed and you are through you will meet and interview with an assistant manager at one of the stores. If you make it through that process you will see the Manager of the store and conduct the final interview.

Interview Questions

• Retail experience or customer related experience questions. How I like the culture at Microsoft.   Answer Question

Negotiation

Able to negotiate so do so to your own interests.

Other Interview Reviews for Microsoft

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Microsoft (New York, NY) in October 2016.

Interview

I was contacted by a recruiter for Microsoft through linkedin, which turned into an informational phone call, which led to an in-store interview. There was no phone interview. The interview in store was sort of intimidating, I was in a maybe 6x6 room with 3 higher ups taking turns interviewing me. About a week later I got a phone call saying that I got the job. I didn't have to have an additional interview with the manager, the people that interviewed me pushed me through to an instant hire. Overall the interview was laid back, everyone was joking and seemed happy.

Interview Questions

• Describe what you think the best customer service is.   Answer Question
    • What's the worst customer service experience you've had? What's the best?   Answer Question
    • What's your favorite piece of technology?   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Boca Raton, FL

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 3+ months. I interviewed at Microsoft (Boca Raton, FL).

Interview

I'm writing this interview process because before I was hired, I was freaking out and kept searching for reviews to see how I would do. I will split them in a series of steps. Here ya go, (for me this was a new store opening)
    1. I applied through Glassdoor and a week later a HR gives me a calls and we have a simple phone interview. Questions include, "how many hours do you want to work?" "Why Microsoft" and etc... Very easy.
    2. You're going to receive an email about a group interview that you must attend. The group interview is like a selection test, the management will choose the best candidates for the job and offer them a call back for a 3rd 1v1 interview. How do you make yourself stand out? BE ENERGETIC AND FULL OF LIFE. Microsoft really wants people that can talk loudly and inspire others, so don't be afraid to yell random things for fun! The whole group interview lasts about 2 hours and its filled with fun games like, introduce your partner to the whole group and also provides a presentation about Microsoft's history and benefits. NOTE: You don't have to be super tech smart. Im a tech guy and I'm in school for computer science, but i was able to show my wild and energetic side. My friend, who knows WAY more about tech than me, didn't get hired. Also, for heavens sake, PLEASE answer all of the questions the management have because they want you to actively participate. Don't be afraid to asks question either.
    3. SUPER IMPORTANT PART; READ CAREFULLY.
     I received an email from one of the managers for my 1v1 interview. I walked in to a hotel and we interviewed in a hotel room and they even provided water, it was a very comfortable setting. You will interview with two Assist Managers (at the same time). I will write the interview questions below. Okay, SUPER IMPORTANT PART. SO, i guess there is a "SECRET" interview with the store manager, which will only be given if you really are chosen for the job. Basically at the end of my interview with the two Assist Managers, they asked me if i wanted to stay and talk to the store managers. One of the other candidates told me she heard a rumor stating, "if you're offered the final interview, you're most likely getting the job" However, I could be wrong!
    4. 2 weeks later i got a call back for the job. yaaaaay.

Interview Questions

• Why microsoft? Name a time where you had a problem with a guest. What is excellent customer satisfaction to you? What Tech companies prefer to show their products and what companies prefer to sell their products? Name a time you received excellent customer satisfaction.   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Orlando, FL

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Microsoft (Orlando, FL) in August 2016.

Interview

I applied online and was contacted by a recruiter the following day to complete a prescreen survey. A few weeks later I was called to schedule an interview. I was interviewed by two managers and was told I would receive a call on whether or not I would be interviewing with the store manager. The next day I was asked to return the following day for an interview with the store manager. A week and a half later I received an email that I did not get the job.

Interview Questions

• When have you had to work as a team to overcome a problem?   Answer Question

Product Advisor Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 6 days. I interviewed at Microsoft in August 2016.

Interview

Applied online and got an email from a recruiter within a week. It asked questions about myself and I had to send back a document and my availability for an interview. Interviewed with a store manager and I had a positive experience. He seemed to really like my answers to the questions.

Interview Questions

• As a new employee would you be capable of talking to an experienced employee when you saw that he wasn't doing his job correctly?   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Oak Brook, IL

Application

I applied online. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at Microsoft (Oak Brook, IL) in March 2016.

Interview

The process is really quick 1- 2 weeks. One interview over the phone and one in person. After that the store manager will contact you to let you know if you got the job. It was a good experience, Microsoft has a great team

Product Advisor Interview

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took a week. I interviewed at Microsoft in March 2016.

Interview

Got called by a recruiter about applying for the position. Asked about what I did, any background experiences on retail. Why I wanted to work with Microsoft. Gave great inspiring summary about Microsoft and future capabilities of going into IT field.

Ask about more questions like: 1) Salary 2) Schedule 3) U.S Citizenship

Day of interview comes. Got late for 10 mins, but apologized with genuine reply "I understand that your time is valuable and that you would use this time to be making sales instead and I appreciate for you to give me the opportunity."

They usually put like multiple questions in one sentence to throw you off and give incomplete answers real easily. Just be careful and be not afraid to ask again like they have suggested.

Interview Questions

• 4 Questions:
      1) Tell me about yourself 2) Why Microsoft 3) Difficult with customer how you handle 4) Schedule (must be flexible!)
      1 Answer

Product Advisor Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Microsoft in February 2016.

Interview

They are looking for upbeat, energetic people. They want to know if you're good with interaction and are a people person. The interview itself was easy, I interviewed with the ASM and the SM, and was myself and smiled a lot. Talking to them about your interest in Microsoft also helps, they asked me what products, I use, and how frequently I use them. Also, ask questions about how it's like to work in the store, they like that, and they can see that you're really interested in working for them. Just be yourself, smile, and engage with them and make yourself stand out, so you will be memorable to them.

Interview Questions

• What is your availability?   1 Answer

Product Advisor Interview

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Microsoft in November 2015.

Interview

I was originally contacted by a microsoft recruiter. We spoke about my resume and did sort of a quick telephone interview. I then was able to get an interview with an assistant manager and then finally an interview with the GM of the microsoft store where I was applying.

Interview Questions

• What is the main objective that Microsoft is trying to accomplish by having a retail store?   1 Answer

Negotiation

I wasn't able to negotiate pay. Starting pay is 12.50 and hour but you can receive quarterly bonuses depending on overall store performance.

Anonymous Employee in Dallas, TX

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at Microsoft (Dallas, TX) in November 2015.

Interview

Recruiter reached out to me for a phone screen. Second round was to come up to the store and had 4 employees including assistant managers and a fulltimer. Just be positive and they will like you.