Microsoft Product Advisor Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Microsoft Product Advisor Interview Questions

Interviews at Microsoft

2.5

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Microsoft (New York, NY) in March 2018.

Interview

Two interviews:
1 group interview and another individual interview.
I applied to participate at a hiring event they held in their flagship store. I applied and I went. There were about 30 people applying.

Interview Questions

• Personal experience and how it would be a great addition to the company.   2 Answers

Other Interview Reviews for Microsoft

Anonymous Employee in Natick, MA

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Microsoft (Natick, MA) in October 2018.

Interview

Very straight forward and welcoming. The ASM (assistant store manager) and store leader were very accommodating and straight up, which I loved. They knew their stuff and the questions to ask.

Interview Questions

• If there was a customer who was upset, how can you assist them?   Answer Question

Product Advisor Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Microsoft.

Interview

I went through interviews with two out of three of the assistant store managers. Ultimately the HR manager told me during my interview with him that I should expect a call during the week.

Interview Questions

• No off the wall questions were asked neither was I asked what my weaknesses are.   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Seattle, WA

Application

I applied through a staffing agency. The process took a week. I interviewed at Microsoft (Seattle, WA) in October 2013.

Interview

Was contacted for an interview by a staffing agency, had an interview one week later and hiring manager said she would call with in a week.

Anonymous Employee in Lone Tree, CO

Application

I applied through a staffing agency. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Microsoft (Lone Tree, CO) in September 2012.

Interview

sat down with the GM in a group interview. a few technical questions asked, many customer service questions asked, inquired on how well you know your steps of service

Interview Questions

Negotiation

difficult because they tried to lowball me at 10 an hour

Anonymous Employee in Boston, MA

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Microsoft (Boston, MA).

Interview

Hiring/interviewing is fairly inconsistent and isn't explained well. Submitting a resume through the website doesn't necessarily guarantee feedback. Taking a resume into the store leadership is far more effective.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

There is no negotiation for pay. They have set pay scales that they strictly adhere to.

Anonymous Employee in Hartford, CT

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Microsoft (Hartford, CT) in November 2013.

Interview

First-3rd party interview
    second- microsoft phone interview
    third-group interview: stand up in front of the group and introduce the person next to u and say why they should hire them.
    Fourth: received a one on one interview cpl day later
    They said will take about two weeks before i hear back

Interview Questions

• one one on is basically just a conversation about ur background. what products u like and what u liked about the store.   1 Answer

Negotiation

no negotiation its 13 an hour

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Miami, FL

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Microsoft (Miami, FL) in January 2013.

Interview

First I received a phone call asking me if I was interested in the position. I agreed to meet for an interview 1:1 and then was asked to come back for a group interview at the end of the week. They group interview was different. They asked us to perform small presentations to the group why the person on our right or left should get the job. In the end they were trying to see if you could sell or not. Go in with an open mind and feel free to add some humor into the mix.

Interview Questions

• you have to know how to sale   1 Answer

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Portland, OR

Application

I applied online. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at Microsoft (Portland, OR) in April 2013.

Interview

Filled out online application. A phone interview was recorded by a 3rd party a few days later, took about an hour. Week later went to a group hiring event where they had us "sell" our fellow attendants. Next day had an individual interview with the manager of the store.

Interview Questions

• Asked my favorite thing to shop for, asked how i would sell it if this item cost $150.   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Orlando, FL

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Microsoft (Orlando, FL).

Interview

Very detailed interview. First you go through a telephone interview, then a group interview and finally a one on one interview. The questions are very customer service based.