Microsoft Product Advisor Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Updated Jun 11, 2018

2.6

66 Candidate Interview ReviewsBack to all Interviews

Anonymous Employee in San Diego, CA

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2+ weeks. I interviewed at Microsoft (San Diego, CA) in May 2010.

Interview

First I received a phone call asking me if I was interested in the position. I agreed to meet for an interview 1:1 and then was asked to come back for a group interview at the end of the week. They group interview was different. They asked us to perform small presentations to the group why the person on our right or left should get the job. In the end they were trying to see if you could sell or not. Go in with an open mind and feel free to add some humor into the mix.

Interview Questions

Other Interview Reviews for Microsoft

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Miami, FL

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Microsoft (Miami, FL) in January 2013.

Interview

Interview Questions

• you have to know how to sale   1 Answer

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Portland, OR

Application

I applied online. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at Microsoft (Portland, OR) in April 2013.

Interview

Filled out online application. A phone interview was recorded by a 3rd party a few days later, took about an hour. Week later went to a group hiring event where they had us "sell" our fellow attendants. Next day had an individual interview with the manager of the store.

Interview Questions

• Asked my favorite thing to shop for, asked how i would sell it if this item cost $150.   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Orlando, FL

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Microsoft (Orlando, FL).

Interview

Very detailed interview. First you go through a telephone interview, then a group interview and finally a one on one interview. The questions are very customer service based.

Anonymous Employee in Lone Tree, CO

Application

I applied through a staffing agency. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Microsoft (Lone Tree, CO) in September 2012.

Interview

sat down with the GM in a group interview. a few technical questions asked, many customer service questions asked, inquired on how well you know your steps of service

Interview Questions

Negotiation

difficult because they tried to lowball me at 10 an hour

Anonymous Employee in Boston, MA

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Microsoft (Boston, MA).

Interview

Hiring/interviewing is fairly inconsistent and isn't explained well. Submitting a resume through the website doesn't necessarily guarantee feedback. Taking a resume into the store leadership is far more effective.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

There is no negotiation for pay. They have set pay scales that they strictly adhere to.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Seattle, WA

Application

I applied through a staffing agency. The process took a week. I interviewed at Microsoft (Seattle, WA) in October 2013.

Interview

Was contacted for an interview by a staffing agency, had an interview one week later and hiring manager said she would call with in a week.

Anonymous Employee in Hartford, CT

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Microsoft (Hartford, CT) in November 2013.

Interview

First-3rd party interview
    second- microsoft phone interview
    third-group interview: stand up in front of the group and introduce the person next to u and say why they should hire them.
    Fourth: received a one on one interview cpl day later
    They said will take about two weeks before i hear back

Interview Questions

• one one on is basically just a conversation about ur background. what products u like and what u liked about the store.   1 Answer

Negotiation

no negotiation its 13 an hour

Product Advisor Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Microsoft.

Interview

I went through interviews with two out of three of the assistant store managers. Ultimately the HR manager told me during my interview with him that I should expect a call during the week.

Interview Questions

• No off the wall questions were asked neither was I asked what my weaknesses are.   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Corte Madera, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Microsoft (Corte Madera, CA) in July 2012.

Interview

Copies the Apple store. First will be a group interview where they show videos of the fun things that happen. Then 1-1 with an Assistant Manager. If you pass that on to a 1-1 with the store manager.

Interview Questions

• Would you move for the job. Was weird for a regular retail job.   Answer Question

Negotiation

None