Microsoft Product Advisor Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Microsoft Product Advisor Interview Questions

Interviews at Microsoft

2.5

Product Advisor Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at Microsoft.

Interview

The interview stage consists of 3 processes. Usually once you have applied you will receive a phone call interview. Once that is completed and you are through you will meet and interview with an assistant manager at one of the stores. If you make it through that process you will see the Manager of the store and conduct the final interview.

Interview Questions

• Retail experience or customer related experience questions. How I like the culture at Microsoft.   Answer Question

Negotiation

Able to negotiate so do so to your own interests.

Other Interview Reviews for Microsoft

Product Advisor Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 6 days. I interviewed at Microsoft in August 2016.

Interview

Applied online and got an email from a recruiter within a week. It asked questions about myself and I had to send back a document and my availability for an interview. Interviewed with a store manager and I had a positive experience. He seemed to really like my answers to the questions.

Interview Questions

• As a new employee would you be capable of talking to an experienced employee when you saw that he wasn't doing his job correctly?   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Microsoft (New York, NY) in October 2016.

Interview

I was contacted by a recruiter for Microsoft through linkedin, which turned into an informational phone call, which led to an in-store interview. There was no phone interview. The interview in store was sort of intimidating, I was in a maybe 6x6 room with 3 higher ups taking turns interviewing me. About a week later I got a phone call saying that I got the job. I didn't have to have an additional interview with the manager, the people that interviewed me pushed me through to an instant hire. Overall the interview was laid back, everyone was joking and seemed happy.

Interview Questions

• Describe what you think the best customer service is.   1 Answer
    • What's the worst customer service experience you've had? What's the best?   1 Answer
    • What's your favorite piece of technology?   1 Answer

Anonymous Employee in San Diego, CA

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2+ weeks. I interviewed at Microsoft (San Diego, CA) in May 2010.

Interview

First I received a phone call asking me if I was interested in the position. I agreed to meet for an interview 1:1 and then was asked to come back for a group interview at the end of the week. They group interview was different. They asked us to perform small presentations to the group why the person on our right or left should get the job. In the end they were trying to see if you could sell or not. Go in with an open mind and feel free to add some humor into the mix.

Interview Questions

• What does flow mean to you?   1 Answer
    • If you were an animal what would you be?   1 Answer

Product Advisor Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Microsoft.

Interview

I went through interviews with two out of three of the assistant store managers. Ultimately the HR manager told me during my interview with him that I should expect a call during the week.

Interview Questions

• No off the wall questions were asked neither was I asked what my weaknesses are.   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Orlando, FL

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Microsoft (Orlando, FL).

Interview

Very detailed interview. First you go through a telephone interview, then a group interview and finally a one on one interview. The questions are very customer service based.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Portland, OR

Application

I applied online. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at Microsoft (Portland, OR) in April 2013.

Interview

Filled out online application. A phone interview was recorded by a 3rd party a few days later, took about an hour. Week later went to a group hiring event where they had us "sell" our fellow attendants. Next day had an individual interview with the manager of the store.

Interview Questions

• Asked my favorite thing to shop for, asked how i would sell it if this item cost $150.   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Miami, FL

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Microsoft (Miami, FL) in January 2013.

Interview

Interview Questions

• you have to know how to sale   1 Answer

Product Advisor Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Microsoft in March 2012.

Interview

Hiring and interview process as very easy. Each hiring manager is different. My hiring manager just likes to see a really good personality. I didn't expect it to have gone as smoothly as it did.

Interview Questions

• The most unexpected question was do I have any children. It was more of a conversation that an interview.   Answer Question

Negotiation

There was none, although I have heard negotiation is possible.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Seattle, WA

Application

I applied through a staffing agency. The process took a week. I interviewed at Microsoft (Seattle, WA) in October 2013.

Interview

Was contacted for an interview by a staffing agency, had an interview one week later and hiring manager said she would call with in a week.