Microsoft Product Advisor Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Microsoft Product Advisor Interview Questions

Interviews at Microsoft

2.5

Product Advisor Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Microsoft in March 2012.

Interview

Hiring and interview process as very easy. Each hiring manager is different. My hiring manager just likes to see a really good personality. I didn't expect it to have gone as smoothly as it did.

Interview Questions

• The most unexpected question was do I have any children. It was more of a conversation that an interview.   Answer Question

Negotiation

There was none, although I have heard negotiation is possible.

Other Interview Reviews for Microsoft

Anonymous Employee in Portland, OR

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Microsoft (Portland, OR) in October 2012.

Interview

It was all pretty jumbled, you first interview over the phone for about 45 mins with some third party company, then you are sent to a Skype call with someone. This was my experience with a new store opening. Existing stores will simply bring you in for a face to face meeting. All pretty run of the mill.

Interview Questions

• Nothing it was all pretty basic   1 Answer

Negotiation

None, they offered the maximum amount, this however has changed and I can't speak to the process.

Anonymous Employee in San Francisco, CA

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Microsoft (San Francisco, CA) in February 2013.

Interview

The interview was a three step process. First interview was a phone interview and the second interview was a group interview. The last interview was a one on one interview with the store manager.

Interview Questions

• The most difficult question I faced was when they asked us why they should hire another candidate. This question was asked during the group interview.   1 Answer

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Diego, CA

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Microsoft (San Diego, CA) in November 2013.

Interview

receive call to set up an interview on a Friday. Interviewed on a Monday very casual sat outside. First question was to tell me something about yourself that I don't already know.

Interview Questions

• I was also asked why do I want to work at Microsoft?tell me an awesome customer service experience you had that blew your mind? What type of phone do you have and wet features do you like about it?   Answer Question

Product Advisor Interview

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Microsoft in August 2014.

Interview

3-step process- phone interview,open-house/group interview, then a 1:1 interview with store manager. I passed to phone interview and plan on attending to open house next week.Phone interview was very easy. Just explaining how your skills and experiences would benefit Microsoft and what pay you desired.

Interview Questions

• Have not been asked a difficult question thus far. However, I am just in the beginning of hire process. Phone interview was very easy. Just explaining how your skills and experiences would benefit Microsoft and what pay you desired.   Answer Question

Product Advisor Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at Microsoft in August 2014.

Interview

The interview is one of the most creative I've been through. It consists of an open house followed by a one on one interview. The open house consists of information about the company and all the details of the position, followed by an introduction of yourself and a partner. Next is a group interview process. If you do well enough and they like you you will be called back for a one on one interview. The one on one interview didn't really feel like an interview it felt like a conversation instead which was great. Overall great experience.

Interview Questions

• What is your favorite thing about Windows 8 or any other Office Program?   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Palo Alto, CA

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 2+ weeks. I interviewed at Microsoft (Palo Alto, CA).

Interview

I had 4 interviews with various personnel including the store manager and the assistant managers. Many questions about my past customer service skills and interactions where asked. Further, they wanted to know what kind of technical/computer background and skill level i had. They asked what my previous hourly wage was.

Interview Questions

• Where do you see yourself in 5 years if hired with our company   Answer Question

Negotiation

Not much negotiation, it was a take it or leave it offer.

Product Advisor Interview

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took a week. I interviewed at Microsoft in March 2016.

Interview

Got called by a recruiter about applying for the position. Asked about what I did, any background experiences on retail. Why I wanted to work with Microsoft. Gave great inspiring summary about Microsoft and future capabilities of going into IT field.

Ask about more questions like: 1) Salary 2) Schedule 3) U.S Citizenship

Day of interview comes. Got late for 10 mins, but apologized with genuine reply "I understand that your time is valuable and that you would use this time to be making sales instead and I appreciate for you to give me the opportunity."

They usually put like multiple questions in one sentence to throw you off and give incomplete answers real easily. Just be careful and be not afraid to ask again like they have suggested.

Interview Questions

• 4 Questions:
      1) Tell me about yourself 2) Why Microsoft 3) Difficult with customer how you handle 4) Schedule (must be flexible!)   1 Answer

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Oak Brook, IL

Application

I applied online. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at Microsoft (Oak Brook, IL) in March 2016.

Interview

The process is really quick 1- 2 weeks. One interview over the phone and one in person. After that the store manager will contact you to let you know if you got the job. It was a good experience, Microsoft has a great team

Anonymous Employee in Miami, FL

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at Microsoft (Miami, FL) in October 2012.

Interview

This job was handled by a recruiter who contacted me by phone after reviewing my Resume. I was told that she had recruited me to work for Microsoft. The company needed people who were very energized and loved working with the public. She was absolutely thrilled with the way I handled the phone interview questions, she offered me a computer screening test which included a series of mathematical, logics and other related related questions, after submission, I got a call of acceptance for the second interview. I was accepted to work with the company and started work 3 days later.

Interview Questions

• Name a time when you had to perform a task that was meant for supervisor.   1 Answer