Microsoft Product Advisor Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Microsoft Product Advisor Interview Questions

Interviews at Microsoft

2.5

Anonymous Employee in Los Angeles, CA

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 5 days. I interviewed at Microsoft (Los Angeles, CA) in November 2013.

Interview

The interview was catered to multitasking. It made the process fun though! I was able to feel comfortable about explaining my past experiences with jobs while building a Lego racecar :-). It also helped that we were able to sit outside where the temperature was comfortable.

Interview Questions

Other Interview Reviews for Microsoft

Anonymous Employee in Atlanta, GA

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Microsoft (Atlanta, GA).

Interview

I applied for months and months over and over until a recruiter reached out to me about a position available. We did a phone screen, but then the position was put on hold. I was contacted by the same recruiter a couple months later about the position opening again, and was set up for a group interview with the HR Manager the following week. I was called a day later for a second interview with an Assistant Manager, and a few days after for the third and final with the store manager. Getting an interview is the hardest part. There's an extremely long wait between applying online, and actually getting contacted. It's A LOT easier to get noticed if you email a manager directly with a resume, or have an employee referral. The interviews themselves are easy; very conversational!

Anonymous Employee in Hartford, CT

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 days. I interviewed at Microsoft (Hartford, CT) in August 2015.

Interview

I was contacted via email by a recruiter then I had a phone interview. 3 days later I had an in person interview w/ the assistant manager & manager. It was a very chill interview, we talked outside the store and they were very personable. No need to be nervous! I dressed business casual. However the managers were wearing jeans and a Microsoft shirt.

Interview Questions

• Why do you want to work for Microsoft?   1 Answer
    • Tell me a time when you had to deal with a difficult customer or employee   1 Answer
    • What is your favorite piece of tech?   1 Answer
    • Typical interview questions   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Salt Lake City, UT

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ weeks. I interviewed at Microsoft (Salt Lake City, UT) in September 2015.

Interview

It was a very fast and easy process.
    Had a face to face with the assistant manager, then a phone interview with the manager.
    Two days after the phone interview I was contacted by Microsoft "HQ" with a job offer of $12.50 an hour in part time position.

Anonymous Employee in San Antonio, TX

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Microsoft (San Antonio, TX) in April 2014.

Interview

It was a group interview. It helps establish your ability to communicate, professionalism and ambition. It was hard to read all of the managers involved, which I liked (despite making me extremely uncomfortable) because you really do feel like you need to earn a spot for the next interview process.

Interview Questions

• Why do you think you should be hired?   1 Answer

Product Advisor Interview

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Microsoft in August 2015.

Interview

Course of a few months, recruiter contacted me from careerbuilder I applied for a few positions. We did a phone interview, they contacted me a few weeks later and said that some would contact me for information. A few weeks later someone called for a group interview, a day after the group interview I was called back for an interview with 2 people then pushed through the same day to interview with store manager. 2 weeks later I received a call I got the job.

Anonymous Employee in Seattle, WA

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Microsoft (Seattle, WA) in June 2014.

Interview

Hiring Manager proceeded to ask me a series of questions on a slip of paper and wrote down my responses to the questions. Some of the questions included, How familiar are you with computers? How familiar are you with Xbox? Have you worked in a sales environment before? Where do you see yourself in five years? Why do you think you would be a great fit at the Microsoft store?

Interview Questions

• Tell me a little about yourself. Manager writes down responses on a sheet of paper. Your basic interview questions.   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Burlington, MA

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Microsoft (Burlington, MA) in October 2014.

Interview

I applied on their website and then they called me within the week, It took a while to get an interview but once I did they expedited the process and hired me.

Product Advisor Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Microsoft in May 2015.

Interview

1: Phone Screening. 2: Group Interview. 3: 1 on 1

My experience:

I received an e-mail stating that I was one of the people chosen to come in for a 1 on 1 interview, and to expect a call. And that the interview was to be conducted in the next two days.

I missed the call but, immediately called back. The mgr was busy and was told that I would get a call back. When I tried to call the next day, the mgr wasn't there. So, I am confused as to where to go from here. I guess I am going to have to wait and see.

Interview Questions

• What would u ask someone who wanted a laptop?
      Why should we hire the person next to you?   1 Answer

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took 6+ months. I interviewed at Microsoft (New York, NY) in June 2015.

Interview

The interview process copies Apple employment process. The process was for a new flag store that was opening, so the process was very long and I jones.to forgot I even applied to Microsoft until I got the email to confirm the hiring event. They start with a phone screen, then you move on to group interview than a 1:1 with store managers. I passed the first two parts then I had to wait a couple of weeks to get the vague, impersonal email, that, they are moving on with other candidates. The people there seemed nice, but to leave potential employees hanging for so long, only to leave a vague email. I wouldn't recommend this company because their process is very long, they communicate intermittently through the process so your confused about, how the interview process works or if your date is confirmed, and they leave impersonal responses after leaving you hanging for months. If your looking for a company that appreciates their workers, I would look elsewhere, because I firmly believe that, a company should treat their potential employees with respect but the way I was treated left me, feeling sick. They start out nice to reel you in, than you start to notice the inconsistencies and whatever you do, don't be honest and tell them you want full time because they claim full tome is for their current employees, so o felt they pasted over me because, I requested full time, educated, and has experience. It appears that they look for the newcomers to the workforce so they can have people to abuse, this is what I learned from my experience.