Microsoft Product Manager Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Microsoft Product Manager Interview Questions

Interviews at Microsoft

3.2

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Seattle, WA

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Microsoft (Seattle, WA) in November 2018.

Interview

I met with them a recruiting event on campus. I got an email from them about 3 days later. They invited me to get lunch two weeks later. All behavioral questions. Got an email about a week and a half later saying I have been picked up by a team to be interviewed. That interview was behavioral as well. Asked me about what I was interested in. Asked me about overcoming a challenge that I learned a lot from. Then I got an email that I would be flown out to Seattle about 2 weeks later. The questions I was asked are below.

Interview Questions

• Design a vending machine   1 Answer
  • Implement BFS and explain it to someone who is not familiar with the algorithm?   Answer Question

Other Interview Reviews for Microsoft

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Princeton, NJ

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Microsoft (Princeton, NJ) in October 2018.

Interview

one technical design question. I thought the interview was fair and really embodied what the role of product manager is like at Microsoft, which is what I was unfamiliar with.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in La Jolla, CA

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Microsoft (La Jolla, CA) in January 2019.

Interview

Above average difficulty phone screening. Typical behavioral questions were asked in addition to design questions and light technical questions. What caught me off guard was the extent of the technical questions. I had mostly been studying for design at this point. The recruiter did not give me feedback at the end and seemed to want to grill me very hard on my technical knowledge. she would always follow up with deeper questions.

Interview Questions

• What is the difference between C++ and Java   1 Answer
    • Design the ideal kitchen   1 Answer

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Evanston, IL

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2+ weeks. I interviewed at Microsoft (Evanston, IL) in August 2017.

Interview

My resume was shortlisted for campus interviews. The interviewer seemed to be a programmer. It was a 1-on-1 interview and I felt that the interview went well. But, I was not selected for some reason that only interviewer would know.

Interview Questions

• Design an airport traffic control system   1 Answer

Product Manager Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 6 days. I interviewed at Microsoft.

Interview

Took 30 mins in all. Asked algorithm question. Left 10 mins to answer questions. Did not ask anything about resume or projects. I asked the difference between pm and sde interview, interviewee said that both had the same interview in previous one or two rounds.

Interview Questions

• How to output a tree in column sequence from left to right.   Answer Question

Product Manager Interview

Interview

First was a phone interview, then the next round was on site. The on site had 3 interviews in the day. Everyone was very welcoming and the entire process was nice.

Interview Questions

• What is your favorite app? What would you change about it?   Answer Question

Product Manager Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at Microsoft.

Interview

Series of one on one interview, starting with the recruiter. I had a couple of initial screening interviews, followed by a long day of on campus interviews. After a mid-day break, I met with the senior hiring manager and the recruiter followed up within a few days with an offer.

Interview Questions

• They described a theoretical marketing situation that a person in the position might actually face and asked how I would approach handling the situation. They seemed more focused on my reasoning and process, then my actual answers.   Answer Question

Product Manager Interview

Interview

One phone interview for fit, then onsite for a day to Seattle. The phone interview asked a variety of behavioral questions/projects, and then technical and product questions. Make sure you know your past projects and microsoft products.

Product Manager Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Microsoft in July 2018.

Interview

HR emailed me a couple of times and asked me to fill out a form. Then she scheduled a call with senior manager in the team for tech screening. I didn't hear back for more than two weeks. No response to my followup emails.

Interview Questions

• General questions on my experience and product related questions   Answer Question

Product Manager Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Microsoft in October 2014.

Interview

Had a on-campus interview after meeting at the career info session. In the e-mail, I was told not to specify my interest in any position yet during the first round interview. However, my first question is "Which role are you applying?". The whole process went bad since the guy seemed not very professional. He missed the original 9am appointment and I had to reschedule with the recruiter to 4pm the same day, which put me to the last one instead of the first one. He rushed me through the whole 30 mins and no matter what I say, he was just playing with his finger nails. Later on, I followed up with my recruiter and was told that I will get feedback with both positive or negative result. I never get it.