Microsoft Programme Manager II Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Microsoft Programme Manager II Interview Questions

3.5

Programme Manager II Interview

Anonymous Employee in Bengaluru (India)

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Microsoft (Bengaluru (India)) in March 2012.

Interview

Interview process was very professional. I had four rounds of job related interviews and one HR interview. Questions were both analytical/technical and creative/problem solving related. It took about 1 full day. All the interviewers were smart and knew what they were talking about. Questions were also asked on the actual job functions that I would do were I to be hired.

Interview Questions

• A question on a current problem microsoft was trying to solve to which I actually got to contribute once I got on board.   Answer Question

Negotiation

I did not negotiate

Other Interview Reviews for Microsoft

Programme Manager II Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Hyderabad (India)

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 5 days. I interviewed at Microsoft (Hyderabad (India)) in March 2011.

Interview

- Interview process is around problems.
    - I was asked how would I design a social network for kids - as a product manager, as a business investor.
    - Similarly, I was asked 5-6 such problems in each round...
    - Each round lasts for 1 hour
    - I was interviewed for overall 1.25 days.

Interview Questions

• Design a social network for kids - product manager, business investor perspective.   Answer Question

Programme Manager II Interview

Anonymous Employee in New Delhi (India)

Application

I applied through a staffing agency. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at Microsoft (New Delhi (India)) in March 2011.

Interview

The interview process consists of 5-6 personal interviews. Each interview has one interviewer talking to you for about an hour. For the role of Technical Program Manager (coming from Dev background), the questions will be a mix of technical problems (algorithms and sometimes even actual code), design problems and sometime puzzles.

Interview Questions

• Real time data transfer in the form of binary trees in the most optimal way possible for online gaming applications,   Answer Question

Negotiation

Salary is pretty much fixed but you might be able to negotiate on the bonuses and stuff

Programme Manager II Interview

Anonymous Employee in Hyderabad (India)

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 6+ months. I interviewed at Microsoft (Hyderabad (India)) in October 2009.

Interview

The overall hiring process was really time consuming and interview dates were changed many times during the whole process. The venue in NCR was OK. I was finally called for a full day interview to their Hyderabad office. Types of questions asked in the interview were really open ended in nature and some where related to real-life with no right or wrong answer. They mostly probed on the thought process, ability to cover different aspects of the problem. Though the event was not well planned in terms of managing time but overall I consider this a good experience.

Interview Questions

• Design a mobile phone for 3-6 years old kids.   1 Answer
    • Design a ticketing system to solve the problem of large queues outside ticket counters on Metro stations in India.   1 Answer
    • Present a business case for Microsoft Office on Symbion Platform.   Answer Question
    • Future of smart phones and where do you see them after 5 years from now.   Answer Question

Negotiation

I was not able to negotiate as they were practically not open for negotiations.