Microsoft Interview Questions in Pune, India | Glassdoor

Microsoft Interview Questions in Pune, India

3.1

Android Developer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Pune (India)

Application

I applied through a staffing agency. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at Microsoft (Pune (India)).

Interview

They are have below rounds :
    1. Coding assignment
    2. Technical round
    3. Technical round
    4. Technical round

Don't know about further round as didn't clear 2nd round.
    As per my experience they are not asking direct question rather then going with real life scenario

Interview Questions

• Discussion on real life example of strong and weak references. Passing activity strong reference in asynctask and what about that activity reference object?   1 Answer

Android Developer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Pune (India)

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Microsoft (Pune (India)) in November 2015.

Interview

1. Android App Assignment: They will ask you to develop an Android application.
    2. F2F interview: You need to visit Microsoft office where they will ask to make some enhancements.
    3. Once enhancements are done, they discuss about enhancements which you have missed. They are least interested in what enhancements you have done.
    4. They are more interested in what you have "not done" instead of looking at "what you have done".
    5. Interviewer makes you more uncomfortable by showing attitude "How come you have not used this?". Interviewer should make you more comfortable. His attitude and expressions on face made me more uncomfortable.
    6. I am not sure whether they have reviewed the assignment or not.
    7. After interview, they not even keen to share the result. After a week, I had to ask for it explicitly.

Senior Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Pune (India)

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took a week. I interviewed at Microsoft (Pune (India)) in October 2013.

Interview

Active Directory Troubleshooting

Interview Questions

• FSMO, NTLM & Kerberos,AD replication   2 Answers

Senior Software Development Engineer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Pune (India)

Application

I applied through a staffing agency. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Microsoft (Pune (India)).

Interview

if you are a fresher, the interview is limited to algorithms (which will be scaled up just a bit in later rounds) and CS Skills. There will also be some questions around testing - just to gauge your inclination.
    If you have experience, add to the above some design questions too.

Interview Questions

• Find the next greater number than N which has the same no of 1s in its binary representation as N.   1 Answer

Test Consultant At MSGI ( Service Arm of Microsoft) Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Pune (India)

Application

I applied through a staffing agency. The process took a week. I interviewed at Microsoft (Pune (India)) in March 2013.

Interview

6 rounds, first 2 telephonic.
    Telephonic interviews were simple and related to normal testing questions.
    3 round: Hands round in which 4 hrs were given to prepare all testing artifacts related to a sample application(test plan , strategy, few test cases, bug report) and do a thorough testing.
    My opinion of 3 round: More of a school analysis, if you write more pages of test artifacts you can impress the interviewer.
    However one shortcoming i discovered about me was "Time management". I guess Microsoft or any other product companies focus on this aspect.

Project Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Pune (India)

Application

I applied through a staffing agency. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Microsoft (Pune (India)).

Interview

Via consultant got a call one day. Even the consultant has a Microsoft email id.
    The project manager in Microsoft is part of PMO..!! yes its true. They are not interviewed for any technology. The only expectation is to have formal knowledge about the project management processes. There are 3 rounds - First is to check if you have basic project management alignment (PMO related) Second and Third are related to real life case studies.
    Believe me, a development manager is not suited for this type of job.

Interview Questions

• Unexpected: Do you remember the Vision statement of your project/organization?
      Difficult: Any very simple sounding situational question which can get tough as the discussion goes on.
      Answer Question

Software Development Engineer (SDE) II Interview

Anonymous Employee in Pune (India)

Application

I interviewed at Microsoft (Pune (India)) in April 2012.

Interview

On the day of off campus interviews, had 3 rounds of interviews. On getting short listed from these rounds, got an additional rounds at their campus. The interviews were predominately around coding (1st), algorithms and design and coding in the subsequent rounds.

Interview Questions

• The most difficult or unexpected question posed was around the challenges I faced during my previous project.   Answer Question

Associate Consultant Interview

Anonymous Employee in Pune (India)

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Microsoft (Pune (India)) in September 2011.

Interview

The lengthy interview process.
    It takes close to 30 days from start to finish.
    3 technical rounds followed by Hiring manager and HR round.
    There is one hands on round and 2 telephonic round

Software Development Engineer In Test (SDET) II Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Pune (India)

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Microsoft (Pune (India)) in April 2008.

Interview

it was easy if look back it now but at that time i didn't understand data strctures well. questions we simple like find mirror of binary tree , find if tree is balanced or not. you need good understanding of data structures and algorithms in order to get to microsoft.