Microsoft Interview Questions in Redmond, WA | Glassdoor

3.3

1,452 Candidate Interview ReviewsBack to all Interviews

Project Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Redmond, WA

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Microsoft (Redmond, WA) in October 2017.

Interview

I was recruited through a university recruiter. I had one 45 min. on campus interview then got an email saying I made it to the final rounds. They flew me out to Redmond, Seattle.

Interview Questions

• If an airport management came to you with the issue of airport traffic problems and wanted to reduce delays, how would you go about reducing delays?   Answer Question

Software Engineer() Interview

Anonymous Employee in Redmond, WA

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 6+ weeks. I interviewed at Microsoft (Redmond, WA) in October 2017.

Interview

The recruiter came on campus at the beginning of September. I had an interview on campus with an engineer from Microsoft. Basic behavioural questions and he asked me to design the battleship game on the white board. Then, I went to Redmond (WA) where I had 4 interviews (45/50 min each) with 10/15 mins of behavioural questions, 25/30 mins of coding (1 design, 2 problem solving, 1 data structure) and then 5 min or more of me asking what I wanted to the interviewer (do not neglect this part! And do not ask the usual “what’s the typical day at Microsoft”. Ask about specific project, about the interviewer...).
    Everything was paid. Recruiters on site were really nice and friendly. Interviewes also.

Interview Questions

• Given a linked list, define if it is a Set.
      Then, create a function add an element to a set.   Answer Question
    • Given an array of persons, find the celebrity (a person known by everyone, and who knows nobody).   1 Answer
    • Design patterns   Answer Question
    • BFS, DFS, Find if a binary tree is symmetric.   1 Answer

SDE1 Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Redmond, WA

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Microsoft (Redmond, WA) in October 2017.

Interview

Onsite interview, four round rotation tech interview, 45mins each ,15mins rest. Interviewers are very nice, not stressful, unless you give yourself stress. Fair questions, also gives good guidance, great company.

Interview Questions

• Hardest: A Trie data structure problem. Random number generator   Answer Question

Software Engineer(Internship) Interview

Anonymous Employee in Redmond, WA

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Microsoft (Redmond, WA) in October 2017.

Interview

The interview process at Microsoft was pretty intense. The onsite interview consisted of four 45-minute interviews which covered the 5-minute introduction and about 40 minutes of technical discussion (Algorithms, problem solving)

Program Manager Interview

Application

Interview

30 minute interview on campus
    5 interviews onsite, one of them is a lunch interview
    You interview for a specific org/team that they pick for u based on your resume and preferences like devices, big data, identity

Interview Questions

• Product Design questions   Answer Question
    • Lots and lots of behavioral like tell us about a time you failed and etc.   Answer Question
    • One technical but not programming . Mine was extremely technical systems design but that's because I for cloud and enterprise   Answer Question

Software Engineer(Internship) Interview

Anonymous Employee in Redmond, WA

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at Microsoft (Redmond, WA) in September 2017.

Interview

Had a phone call for 30 minutes in March. Largely behavioral, but I was asked brain teasers at the end.

I was flown out in September to interview in Redmond. The experience was amazing, they really treated you well by paying for all necessary expenses and any sightseeing. On the day of the interview, I got to meet the other candidates in the morning and got lunch. Then we had 4 back to back rounds. These interviews were focused largely on Algorithms and thought process. I was asked 1 recursion/DP question, 1 graph question, 1 System Design, 2 Brain teasers, and 2 basic Data Structures questions overall. The interviewers did a good job at keeping you calm and focused during the interviews. It was a great experience overall!

Software Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Redmond, WA

Application

I applied through a recruiter. I interviewed at Microsoft (Redmond, WA).

Interview

I was contacted by an external recruiter. After a phone screen, I was invited for an onsite interview in Redmond. The recruiter scheduled to for my first meeting was late. I had 2-4 interviews in a room. Interviews focused on questions specific to data analysis. There were some other questions related to data structures and algorithms. However, there seemed to have been a misunderstanding over my background. My resume does not mention any of the skills that they were looking for/asking questions related to. I had confirmed with the recruiter regarding this and had been told that was perfectly fine. At the end however they thought they wanted someone with the background they were looking for.
    What was even more surprising was that no one seemed to know where to find me between the interviews. After all the interviews, I was left alone in the room I had been interviewed in for a really long time. There was another meeting scheduled in that room and the members of the meeting asked me to move somewhere else. It was after a long time that the hiring manager found me and asked me to leave. I was never informed about the exact decision until the external recruiter contacted me about it. I am not complaining about not having an offer, but I found the environment extremely hostile.

Explore Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Redmond, WA

Application

I applied through a recruiter. I interviewed at Microsoft (Redmond, WA) in September 2017.

Interview

First round of interview was over the phone, which was about 20 minutes of behavioral and some technical questions, and the other 10 minutes for you to ask the interviewer any questions regarding the internship or the employment process.

I'm onto my second stage now, haven't yet received an offer.

Interview Questions

• Explain how a computer to a 5-year old.
      What is your favorite programming concept and why.
      How do you test a water-bottle.
      How to you always make sure a line is in order.
      A few easy/straightforward behavioral questions, mostly about yourself and any projects you have accomplished in the past.   Answer Question

Data Science Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Redmond, WA

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took a week. I interviewed at Microsoft (Redmond, WA) in September 2017.

Interview

Applied on Microsoft website and through school's Handshake website
    Contacted by recruiter for final round on-site interview a week before
    Flew out to MSFT HQ in Redmond, WA
    7:30 am breakfast, interviews started at 8 am, lasted until 12 PM
    4 interviews ~45 minutes each
    3 interviews were focused on machine learning concepts
    1 interview was focused on data structs

Interview Questions

• What algorithm would you use to separate a fake news article from a legitimate news article? Implement this algorithm.   Answer Question

SWE2018 Summer Interview

Application

Interview

The process has definitely changed, or at least was a bit different for me than what I read on Glassdoor. I had an on-campus interview in the summer, then I got an email 4 weeks later (to my junk mail - check your junk mail!) inviting me to the onsite in Redmond, with paid for flights/hotel/travel. The onsite experience was great, despite the challenging interviews. You find out what team you are interviewing for THAT day. You interview with 4 different people from that team — some interviewers are easier to talk to than others, but in general, I was impressed but how nice everyone was. The oddest part of the experience is that you interact a lot with the other interviewees, so it becomes weirdly competitive if you buy into the conversation in-between interviews.

Interview Questions

• Know your projects! It's most technical but definitely a lot of behavioural as well, don't think it's all technical!   Answer Question