Microsoft Research Manager Interview Questions | Glassdoor

4.0

2 Candidate Interview ReviewsBack to all Interviews

Research Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Redmond, WA

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Microsoft (Redmond, WA) in January 2016.

Interview

Two telephone screening interviews- one with recruiter, one with the hiring manager. Then in-person interviews with 5 - 7 people. I was screened originally by a recruiter for another similar position but someone else was hired before I had the screening interview with the hiring manager. Recruiter suggested I apply for this position and I worked with another more senior level recruiter and spoke with the Hiring manager. Then was asked to come in person for one-on-one interviews with 5 people, some in parallel departments.

Interview Questions

• Tell me briefly about a challenging business issue you have been asked to work on in the past 2 years...how did you go about addressing the issue from a research perspective?   Answer Question

Other Interview Reviews for Microsoft

Research Manager Interview

Anonymous Employee in Redmond, WA

Application

I applied through a staffing agency. I interviewed at Microsoft (Redmond, WA).

Interview

Overall, the interview process was one on the best I have ever experienced. It started with a headhunter reaching out to me, followed by 2 telephone interviews, and the on-site interview. The whole organization of the travel out to Redmond etc. was very professional, very well organized, and generous. The on-site interviews happened on one day on the campus. You will meet with 3-4 different people for an hour each. If you do well enough in the initial interviews, you will be asked to meet with additional people (usually managers or head of the respective department) to finish up the day. Though I was pretty exhausted after this day, I have enjoyed each of the conversations very much. It provided me not only an impression about the people I potential work with, but also about Microsoft’s culture. Despite the “technical needed skills and experience” they look for people who will suit and fit the team.

Interview Question
    They will ask a series of questions designed to see how you think, how you would solve a problem, your perspective about the industry, challenges etc. They will also tease out how you interact with team members. You will def. get asked “Why Microsoft” from everyone. Be prepared – check out of their website and what the industry is talking about. Lots of questions are phrased as “Give me an example when…..”

Interview Questions

• Be prepared to phrase what you would not like in your current job and why not. What are you doing to reverse this. b ehonest but thoughtful. Try to phrase it as positive in the sense what you could learn from it.   Answer Question