Microsoft Sales Associate Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Microsoft Sales Associate Interview Questions

Updated Dec 15, 2016

Sales Associate Interview

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took a week. I interviewed at Microsoft in December 2016.

Interview

A recruiter will call and email to set-up a 20 to 30minute phone call. This is not an interview it's a screening before talking to another recruiter. If you make it past the second recruiter you can submit your application on the website or the second recruiter can submit the application (this is faster). The store manager will review the notes that both recruiters took. You will have to wait until the store manager calls for an interview. Dress business-causal, arrive 15 minutes early, bring your resume and let your personality shine. The manager would like for you to be experienced and knowledgeable of their products, want you to love the company and their products. The managers want you to be eager and excited. They are looking for someone who is fun and will give customers a great experience.

Interview Questions

• Why do you want to work for Microsoft?   1 Answer

Other Interview Reviews for Microsoft

Anonymous Employee in Houston, TX

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Microsoft (Houston, TX) in February 2014.

Interview

First a phone interview, than a 1-1 with your direct manager and then another interview with higher up management.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

None.

Sales Associate Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Microsoft in October 2012.

Interview

I applied and had to do a questionnaire then they sent me an email say that they are going to call me for a phone interview the phone interview lasted about 40 min it was long i and they wer asking me all types of questions

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Newark, DE

Application

I applied through a staffing agency. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at Microsoft (Newark, DE) in September 2012.

Interview

Was contacted by an employment agency for the interview. They also reviewed my resume, free of charge. Interview was for new store being built in Delaware last fall.

The interview was at Del Tech Community College, and was very brief. Literally less than 5 minutes. They did not seem interested in hiring me.

Anonymous Employee in Atlanta, GA

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Microsoft (Atlanta, GA) in May 2010.

Interview

In-store interviewed with the manager on duty. The majority of the interview emphasized the Microsoft retail store experience as an welcoming and educating place. It is an non-comission position with lots of team reward bonuses. The manager checked to see how familiar I was with the current product lineup and offerings. As long as you are familiar with the products and love to interact with customers, this is a great team environment to work in.

Interview Questions

• Since it is retail, the hours may not be as flexible as you want. It took a couple tries to figure out a well balanced schedule for employees who are also in school at the moment.   Answer Question

Sales Associate Interview

Anonymous Employee in Montreal, QC (Canada)

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ weeks. I interviewed at Microsoft (Montreal, QC (Canada)) in July 2015.

Interview

Pretty straight forward. First round was with the intern manager and the current intern. 45 min interview with standard interview questions and some situational about the jobs.

Next round was with different sales directors. These ones are less predictable as it depends on the managers interview style. Just show a lot of passion and energy and you will do well. Nothing too technical.

Sales Associate Interview

Interview

Phone interview and then face to face interview. First I received an email from the national recruiter. She asked me behavioral questions and gave me a few tips. She was very nice. Three days later I had a face to face interview. They asked me a lot of questions about my work history and experience.

Sales Associate Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at Microsoft in October 2011.

Interview

Applied online. Few days later received call from HR who did my initial interview then organized 3 phone interviews. Interviewes went very well from my point of view but then nothing happened. I tried to follow up few times but never got answer to if i was or wasn't fit for the job. While discussed general packages conditions never got to a stage where I actually received an offer.
    Heard rumeros of hire freeze but not sure if that was the resason.
    Generally would imagine that phone interviewes, while inevitable, are not enough to judge if a person is fit for a job or not.

Interview Questions

• Not a difficult question but some problem solving questions aboout situations and how you would handle them...   Answer Question

Sales Associate Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Dublin, Co. Dublin (Ireland)

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Microsoft (Dublin, Co. Dublin (Ireland)) in July 2011.

Interview

Flew me over to Dublin. Put me up in a hotel. 1st round was an assessment day. 2nd was 2 f2f interviews.

Interview Questions

• Asked about approach to projects at university   1 Answer

Offered a role in London with a different company.

Sales Associate Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Singapore (Singapore)

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at Microsoft (Singapore (Singapore)) in October 2010.

Interview

The interviewer was very cordial and it was a very pleasant experience. They start with the basic questions and then slowly build on that. They really cover the resume quite well and make sure that they have a clear view on employees qualities and skills. So make sure that you know every point quite well and there is proper story attached to each element.

Interview Questions

I wouldn't have enjoyed the profile.