Microsoft Sales Manager Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Microsoft Sales Manager Interview Questions

3.2

Anonymous Employee in Seattle, WA

Application

I applied online. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at Microsoft (Seattle, WA) in January 2016.

Interview

Very short, focused and well managed interview process that exposed me to entry, middle and senior management within the organization that I will be working with daily. They not only wanted to understand me better, but also shared with me their realities on the ground and what they would need me to assist them with.

Interview Questions

• Give me an example of how you have personally created impact for another person and what the specific outcome was.   1 Answer

Other Interview Reviews for Microsoft

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Fort Lauderdale, FL

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Microsoft (Fort Lauderdale, FL).

Interview

emailed resume. Got a call to come in for an in person meeting. I met two individuals. The hiring manager, then the director I would work under. I thought it went well, but no call back.

Interview Questions

• questions about former quotas, sales process, follow procedures, etc.   1 Answer

Sales Manager Interview

Application

I applied in-person. I interviewed at Microsoft in January 2013.

Interview

Interview process included applying for position, submitting resume, phone interviews and then being brought in for personal interviews if you made the 'short list'. As a candidate for the position you can tell by the questions being asked what the focus was for each inter

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Oakbrook Terrace, IL

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at Microsoft (Oakbrook Terrace, IL).

Interview

Starting with Several long phone interviews I finally was invited onsite for two days of interviewing with local management. The conversation appeared very one-sided; focusing on my knowledge of the mobile computing marketplace especially as it related to the Insurance Industry. Microsoft appeared to be very slow coming out of the start gate with no clear direction.

Interview Questions

• We spent an unusual amount of time discussing particular leadership in the major players in the Insurance Industry in the Midwest.   Answer Question

Sales Manager Interview

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Microsoft in December 2008.

Interview

The staff at MSFT is very helpful. The management genuinly seem like good people. I would seriously consider working for them if they made me an offer.

Interview Questions

• The interview was informal. I do not recall any of the questions...   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Cleveland, OH

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Microsoft (Cleveland, OH) in November 2008.

Interview

Usually a 2-4 week process. They will screen you with 1-2 recruiters. This leads to a finals day. On finals day you will likely be up against 3-5 others. You will be up against at least 1-3 internal candidates. Bring a business plan of your own for 30-60-90 days and really research the role. Mirosoft people are generally nice. Use your neywork. Talk to them and find a sponsor. Have your sponsr reach out to the hiring manager. This goes a long way. Be prepared on interview day.

Interview Questions

• If you were standing on a global stage and were asked what achievement your are most proud of during your lifetime, what would you say? - Explain?   1 Answer

Negotiation

There isn't a lot of negotiation. Go in asking for what you want and be happy if you get it.

Sales Manager Interview

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Microsoft.

Interview

- Cool calling by Microsoft Telesales (they are contract staffs).
    - They will walk thru with you on the role, and ask you some questions about your past experience before shortlisting you for the face-to-face interview.
    - They have group-based interview, where all the interviewees gathered to do presentation, do group exercise (they are testing your teamwork, if you are a leader, if you are outspoken and outstanding)
    - Then if you are in the top few, you will have the 2nd round interviews. If only this batch does not fit, they may extend the remaining for the 2nd interviews.
    - The 2nd interviews is done through the phones by the shared-services group lead.
    - If you passed that, 3rd interviews are done by the hiring manager and also some Senior Sales Manager.
    - if you passed that, 4th interviews will be by the supporting group like Product Marketing lead, Partner Alliance Lead, etc.

Interview Questions

• Not a fair practice. In the initial group interviews/observation, they are some candidates already working in Microsoft as intern, or contract staffs. In that case, they already know some interviewers, and they know the culture and the products. Of course, they have the upper hand to perform better. This is not a fair interview.

Apart from that, generally the questions are pretty standard and not hard.
      Answer Question

Negotiation

No negotiation. They offer higher than expected.

Sales Manager Interview

Anonymous Employee in Singapore (Singapore)

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Microsoft (Singapore (Singapore)) in March 2013.

Interview

it was a long process. panel interview for a sales role. was ask to present about my 30-60-90 days plan. was ask to do a role play and sell the product. had to counter objections and all.

Sales Manager Interview

Application

The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Microsoft in May 2012.

Interview

arranged first assessment thru a group presentation.
    80% of the interviewee are internal micrsoft - either intern or contract (this is ridiculous)
    shortlisted a few after the assessment.
    dont even have the chance to know individual and asked to go (some with years of experience!)
    this is total waste of time!

Interview Questions

• given a scenario to present the value proposition and why the management should select your logo designed for them   1 Answer

Sales Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Paris (France)

Application

I applied online. The process took 6 days. I interviewed at Microsoft (Paris (France)) in February 2012.

Interview

few step with first mailing and then skype and finally interview face to face. I went through a 6 months processs with several back and fourth.
    HR very friendly but very competitive industry since it is a very well established company. Salary very attractive with a very good work environment.