Microsoft Interview Questions in San Francisco, CA | Glassdoor

2.8

36 Candidate Interview ReviewsBack to all Interviews

Internship Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Francisco, CA

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Microsoft (San Francisco, CA) in March 2017.

Interview

it was hard but entertaining interview with lots of technical questions. ( but not hard questions).
    The interviewers were all looking well established and knew what they were doing. unfortunately ı had a better offer that involves good paycheck.

Undergraduate Summer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Berkeley, CA

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took a week. I interviewed at Microsoft (Berkeley, CA) in January 2017.

Interview

Hosted by school, interview on campus. After a bit of a wait, went into room with interviewer. We started with some basic questions on what subject(s) I was interested in and why. Then we moved to some example problems on a whiteboard, and then after that to some knowledge on parallelism and big data processing, since I was mainly interested in AI. Then we talked about what the teams were like and what a few of the projects featured.

Interview Questions

• Write an algorithm to reverse a linked list.   2 Answers
    • How would you reverse every 3 elements of a linked list instead?   1 Answer
    • What are data dependencies, race conditions, and locks   1 Answer
    • What experience do you have with large data models?   1 Answer

Programmer Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Francisco, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 days. I interviewed at Microsoft (San Francisco, CA) in January 2017.

Interview

Very nice people. They flew my out and took care of everything. They helped me get prepared and ready. Interview wasn't too hard, mostly behavioral, I really enjoyed the experience. Great experience.

Software Development Engineer Interview

Anonymous Employee in San Francisco, CA

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Microsoft (San Francisco, CA) in October 2016.

Interview

I applied via campus career fair, then it takes around one week to get the on-campus interview. After one week of the on-campus interview, I was invited to the San Francisco doing the on-site interview. Everything goes on very well, people are nice, food is good, etc. We had four round interviews, coding based and behavior questions also.

SERVICE ADVISOR Interview

Anonymous Employee in San Francisco, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at Microsoft (San Francisco, CA) in October 2016.

Interview

I sent in my resume and heard back a couple days later. Interviewed later that week.

The interview was casual and took about 20 minutes. I was interviewed by two people which was pretty fun, because it was more like a conversation than just answer/response.

Cloud Architect Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Francisco, CA

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Microsoft (San Francisco, CA) in October 2016.

Interview

I was approached by an MS Recruiter, submitted my resume and was interviewed via telephone.

While Microsoft has brand recognition, their hiring practices need vast improvements.
    Initially I was contacted by a Microsoft Recruiter via email. He found my Resume online. He scheduled a phone interview, and did not show up, not just once, but 4 times, never apologized, and he seemed distracted during the screening. When he finally showed up for phone screen number 5, he presented me with 3 different positions, and said he would submit my resume to the hiring manager.
    A few months later I received an email with a date\time for a 1:1 technical interview. The interviewer was 10 minutes late, and was between meetings and had to cut the interview short. he just said my resume looked good and he would forward me to the next step.
    After hearing nothing for a few weeks, I contacted the recruiter. I have given up on Microsoft responding. Just my thoughts, but they pursued me, failed too show up for interviews, and when they did they were late. No feedback, no thanks to working here, I will pass in the future not worth wasting my time on a Company that has such an unprofessional hiring process.

Interview Questions

• Q: What is your experience with Cloud Technologies?   1 Answer

Software Engineering Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Berkeley, CA

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Microsoft (Berkeley, CA) in October 2016.

Interview

The interviewer made no attempt to clarify the question, just explained what solutions they didn't want to see. They posed the question, and I came up with 3 solutions that all worked with the constraints they posed, but the interviewer rejected every one as "That's not the kind of solution they wanted to see." When I asked for clarification on the type of answer they wanted to see, they didn't provide any more information.

Interview Questions

• Array manipulation question   1 Answer

Credit Operations Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Francisco, CA

Application

I applied through other source. I interviewed at Microsoft (San Francisco, CA) in September 2016.

Interview

I as interviewed by the direct report Senior Manager and a team member working in the same role. I first interviewed with the team member and she first gave me an overview of the job, department, day-in the life and what are the challenges and rewards in the role/department.
    I next interviewed with the Senior Manager who I would be reporting to if hired. She asked me questions about my related experience noted on my resume and went on to ask about how I handle difficult situations. She provided a positive feedback to my responses.
    These interviews were only the first round and if asked back I will have 3 more rounds.

Interview Questions

• I was asked how I would handles situations such as difficulty in completing a process, working with difficult co-workers, how did you Lead a process.   1 Answer

Software Development Engineer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Berkeley, CA

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Microsoft (Berkeley, CA) in September 2016.

Interview

Campus interview
    30 minutes, questions about resume -> one coding question -> ask question
    The interviewer was pretty nice and patient and gave hints and advice during the process
    Make sure to show your passion about Microsoft product
    After two weeks got invitation to the final round onsite interview
    Will have it next week, hope i can do well

Interview Questions

• give a linked list and remove a node of the given index   1 Answer

Program Management Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Berkeley, CA

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took a week. I interviewed at Microsoft (Berkeley, CA) in September 2016.

Interview

I dropped my resume at an infosession of Microsoft on campus. They contacted me a few days later and scheduled an on campus interview.
    The interview was with a Microsoft VP and consisted mostly of behavioural questions related to the role I was applying for. I was asked a question that I should solve on whiteboard.

Interview Questions

• What would you do if you have a product launch scheduled in two weeks and have major bugs in your software.   1 Answer