Microsoft Senior Consultant Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Microsoft Senior Consultant Interview Questions

3.6

32 Candidate Interview ReviewsBack to all Interviews

Senior Consultant Interview

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Microsoft.

Interview

Applied online and talked to a recruiter. Cut and dry. The recruiter told me about how the process works and what would be happening: tech screen followed by a face to face interview. The tech screen was done via phone and the face to face interview was with about 4 or 5 different people including a manager. We started early morning and finished mid-afternoon.

Interview Questions

Other Interview Reviews for Microsoft

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Charlotte, NC

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 3+ months. I interviewed at Microsoft (Charlotte, NC) in December 2015.

Interview

Was referred by someone on the team.(I've applied 5 times on their site,this was the only one that got a response even).3 Screening interviews spread over 2 months,last one site day-long at the end of month 3.Tech questions were very in depth/interesting.The onsite interviews were more personality related, was really hard to say what they were looking for.Repetitive questions on personal interests/hobbies/etc were somewhat tiresome.I did not make it although i got all their technical questions right and even had several interviewers say 'very good', 'awesome' etc. They said it was bcoz i did not agree to 70% travel,but i know another candidate who was picked who only agreed to 30%.I suspect it was some personality issue,or it was just an interview to satisfy hr needs of x interviews per candidate.Overall the experience was seriously long drawn and frustrating although perhaps not negative. I think for an interviewing process spread over 3 months the least they can do is to respond politely if you made it or not and give some feedback.(got neither). Not sure if i will apply any time soon again.

Anonymous Employee in Washington, DC

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Microsoft (Washington, DC) in October 2015.

Interview

The interview process took about 3 weeks. I was contacted by a recruiter via LinkedIn. First, I had a phone screen with one of the team members to gauge whether or not I would be a good culture fit. There were a couple of technical questions (nothing difficult) just to verify that I actually knew the things I had on my resume. After that, it took about two weeks for me to get schedule for the next round of interviews.

My finals day interview included sessions with three different people: two technical, one HR. Each interview lasted approximately an hour. The first technical screen wasn't too complicated, it just verified basic knowledge of the technologies I was being hired to work with. The second technical screen was incredibly difficult. The questions were worded very strangely, and required extensive knowledge of not just how the technologies worked, but how each component interacted with each other. I really though that I did bad, but the interviewer intended the questions to be difficult; I only needed a 50% to pass. The third interview was with the manager of the team I would be working with; it was a very standard round of HR questions.

Interview Questions

• Q: Why do you want to work at Microsoft?   1 Answer

Senior Consultant Interview

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at Microsoft.

Interview

Full day interview. Met with approximately 4 employees in different roles including Technology and Management. They interview process was very positive. They interviewers made feel confortable.

Interview Questions

• How will I respond if while meeting with a client and client made negative comments about Microsoft or its products?   1 Answer

Anonymous Employee in Seattle, WA

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Microsoft (Seattle, WA) in June 2015.

Interview

Quick, to the point and with only a few people to meet. They were solid in what they were looking for in a consultant. I would, however, come prepared for the oddball questions.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Dallas, TX

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Microsoft (Dallas, TX).

Interview

I received two phone interviews. The next process involved a trip to the Microsoft tech center in Dallas, Texas. This appears a common practice at Microsoft where they invite potential candidates to sit down through several interviews. I received five interviews that day.

Interview Questions

• How would you go about implementing a multi-site implementation of AX?   Answer Question

Application

Interview

Phone screening, 1 - 1 tech screening then all day detailed technical interview. Worked with a recruiter during the entire process. Job I applied for changed leading up to the interview from federal to state and local govt.

Senior Consultant Interview

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 6+ months. I interviewed at Microsoft.

Interview

Was referred by a Microsoft employee for a consulting position. After being contacted multiple times by different recruiters, MS flew me to a branch office for an onsite interview. Only one person showed up to interview me the entire day, and I was left sitting in a conference room the rest of the time. The interview with the practice leader went well, then I heard nothing for six months. After being contacted by the employee who referred me, I emailed the recruiter asking if I was still being considered. I received an apology and was told there was an internal reorg and they just forgot to tell me the position was closed.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Dallas, TX

Interview

I was made aware of the job through a recruiter. I was interviewing for a senior consultant position with Microsoft. My area is Microsoft Dynamics AX. I had a phone interview and invitation to the tech center in Texas. The process was to go through about 5 to 6 interviews, one after another. It was a very tough day. I was a bit concerned because at the time I had a lot of ERP experience but not that much AX experience. Well, at the end of the day I was told that I was liked and awaited a job offer. The offer never came. They basically said, not the right time.

Interview Questions

• Microsoft's questions for technical people are apparently, legendary. However, I was to be an ERP consultant so I did not receive that difficult of questions because I knew the ERP space. However, they did try to work in a white board exercise so be prepared to do that. My question was how would I go about implementing a multi-site engagement.   Answer Question

Senior Consultant Interview

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 5 weeks. I interviewed at Microsoft in October 2013.

Interview

MicroSoft really does have a machine when it comes to the interview process. It started when I got an invite from an internal MS Recruiter on LinkedIn. After initially turning him away, he was persistent and we had a short discussion on the phone. This was followed by a more formal phone discussion where he outlined the job and what they were looking for to see if I might have an interest. He allowed me to think about it for a weekend and we decided to move forward.

That was followed up with a phone interview with a Sr. Consultant that was focused on technical questions on the system primarily along with some soft skill questions.

I had another phone interview with a consultant and was then handed off to a Staffing Consultant Team who arranged for me to have an onsite interview.

I flew in the night before and got into their office early on a Friday. I met with the Consulting Manager who interviewed me, followed by 2 other interviewers. It was approximately a half day process in their office.

They followed up with a response the early part of the next week.

Truthfully, I probably had as many questions for them as they had for me. And I believed that worked in my favor. I did research on LinkedIn for the final three interviewers to get an understanding of where they may be coming from.

Interview Questions

• Whether or not I minded working on a team.   1 Answer

Negotiation

They indicated that there really wasn't any room salary wise on their offer (which was very fair for the position). After initially making some requests, and after discussing it with my wife, we decided that their offer was generous and we didn't need to negotiate any further.