Microsoft Senior Consultant Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Microsoft Senior Consultant Interview Questions

6 Candidate Interview ReviewsBack to all Interviews

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Charlotte, NC

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 3+ months. I interviewed at Microsoft (Charlotte, NC) in December 2015.

Interview

Was referred by someone on the team.(I've applied 5 times on their site,this was the only one that got a response even).3 Screening interviews spread over 2 months,last one site day-long at the end of month 3.Tech questions were very in depth/interesting.The onsite interviews were more personality related, was really hard to say what they were looking for.Repetitive questions on personal interests/hobbies/etc were somewhat tiresome.I did not make it although i got all their technical questions right and even had several interviewers say 'very good', 'awesome' etc. They said it was bcoz i did not agree to 70% travel,but i know another candidate who was picked who only agreed to 30%.I suspect it was some personality issue,or it was just an interview to satisfy hr needs of x interviews per candidate.Overall the experience was seriously long drawn and frustrating although perhaps not negative. I think for an interviewing process spread over 3 months the least they can do is to respond politely if you made it or not and give some feedback.(got neither). Not sure if i will apply any time soon again.

Interview Questions

Other Interview Reviews for Microsoft

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Dallas, TX

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Microsoft (Dallas, TX).

Interview

I received two phone interviews. The next process involved a trip to the Microsoft tech center in Dallas, Texas. This appears a common practice at Microsoft where they invite potential candidates to sit down through several interviews. I received five interviews that day.

Interview Questions

• How would you go about implementing a multi-site implementation of AX?   Answer Question

Senior Consultant Interview

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 6+ months. I interviewed at Microsoft.

Interview

Was referred by a Microsoft employee for a consulting position. After being contacted multiple times by different recruiters, MS flew me to a branch office for an onsite interview. Only one person showed up to interview me the entire day, and I was left sitting in a conference room the rest of the time. The interview with the practice leader went well, then I heard nothing for six months. After being contacted by the employee who referred me, I emailed the recruiter asking if I was still being considered. I received an apology and was told there was an internal reorg and they just forgot to tell me the position was closed.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Dallas, TX

Interview

I was made aware of the job through a recruiter. I was interviewing for a senior consultant position with Microsoft. My area is Microsoft Dynamics AX. I had a phone interview and invitation to the tech center in Texas. The process was to go through about 5 to 6 interviews, one after another. It was a very tough day. I was a bit concerned because at the time I had a lot of ERP experience but not that much AX experience. Well, at the end of the day I was told that I was liked and awaited a job offer. The offer never came. They basically said, not the right time.

Interview Questions

• Microsoft's questions for technical people are apparently, legendary. However, I was to be an ERP consultant so I did not receive that difficult of questions because I knew the ERP space. However, they did try to work in a white board exercise so be prepared to do that. My question was how would I go about implementing a multi-site engagement.   Answer Question

Senior Consultant Interview

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2+ weeks. I interviewed at Microsoft in July 2014.

Interview

Process is very straight forward. Recruiting Consultant will perform the initial interview via telephone. From there you will be either recommended for a technical interview or will be dropped. In my case I was recommended and had a tech interview that went very bad. The tech interviewer (who was a Principal Consultant) was 15 mins late and did not have any prepared questions. The entire interview was off-the-cuff and very unprofessional. I was not given a chance to move on in the interview process with the Hiring Manager, which is just as well as the entire tech interview process left a very bad taste in my mouth.

Senior Consultant Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Microsoft in March 2011.

Interview

Microsoft is a weird place to interview. I spent two days in face to face interviews. All the questions were about customer service, except for some brief technical questions. Not one question related to my experience. My resume was not even referred to. I guess they either really trusted what I said, or didn’t really care about my experience.

I couldn’t gage how I did, since all the questions could have been answered in several different ways. I was always interviewed by 2 people at a time, and I would say every 4th question the interviewers argued about what they thought the correct answer should be.

I was told during one of the phone interviews that if an internal candidate applied, we external people didn’t stand a chance, but they still needed to interview 5 people. I get the feeling the interview was simply a check mark to say they interviewed the 5 people they were told they had to interview.

I never got any feedback after the face to face, not even the basic reject letter. I requested it about 3 weeks after the last interview, but was told by the interview coordinator that was not their job.

During the process I had 2 face to face interview days and 3 phone interviews. They were very good about communication until they were done with me. That left a pretty bad taste in my mouth for the company.

Interview Questions

• If you had to choose between helping your top two clients, what process would you use to decide which one you should help.   2 Answers