Microsoft Senior Consultant Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Microsoft Senior Consultant Interview Questions

Updated Dec 27, 2016

3.6

Senior Consultant Interview

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Microsoft.

Interview

Applied online and talked to a recruiter. Cut and dry. The recruiter told me about how the process works and what would be happening: tech screen followed by a face to face interview. The tech screen was done via phone and the face to face interview was with about 4 or 5 different people including a manager. We started early morning and finished mid-afternoon.

Interview Questions

Other Interview Reviews for Microsoft

Anonymous Employee in Reston, VA

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Microsoft (Reston, VA) in February 2013.

Interview

Phone screen with recruiter
    Technical phone screen with current employee
    Technical interview with 3-5 people for an entire day
    The technical interview is quite difficult however if you are familiar with the product you should do well. Do not attempt to talk about something you have limited knowledge of or blow smoke. They will only dig deeper until you can't answer the questions. It's not about how much you know - so don't try to prove you are the best.

Interview Questions

• Typical interview questions such as how you would handle situations but mainly focused on technical questions about the product you claim to be an expert on   Answer Question

Senior Consultant Interview

Anonymous Employee in Reading, England (UK)

Application

I applied online. The process took 6 weeks. I interviewed at Microsoft (Reading, England (UK)).

Interview

Applied online. Initial telephone interview with recruiter. He requested a 8 minute video answering 5 specific questions. After I passed this, I had a telephone interview with hiring manager. I then had a telephone interview with a senior member of the team. Finally I had an Assessment day where I presented a case study to a board of directors.

Interview Questions

• Why Microsoft? How would you approach resistance from people?   1 Answer

Anonymous Employee in Reston, VA

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 6+ weeks. I interviewed at Microsoft (Reston, VA) in August 2012.

Interview

Mostly questions with a technical focus on MS pltforms and products (Infrastructure and user level). Customer services secondary. Multiple phone calls with progressively higher technical roles prior to a manager, and a final's day with a group of managers.

Interview Questions

• Configuration / Customization of platform. Presented with a simulated technical requirements and business scenario.   1 Answer

Anonymous Employee in Washington, DC

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Microsoft (Washington, DC) in October 2015.

Interview

The interview process took about 3 weeks. I was contacted by a recruiter via LinkedIn. First, I had a phone screen with one of the team members to gauge whether or not I would be a good culture fit. There were a couple of technical questions (nothing difficult) just to verify that I actually knew the things I had on my resume. After that, it took about two weeks for me to get schedule for the next round of interviews.

My finals day interview included sessions with three different people: two technical, one HR. Each interview lasted approximately an hour. The first technical screen wasn't too complicated, it just verified basic knowledge of the technologies I was being hired to work with. The second technical screen was incredibly difficult. The questions were worded very strangely, and required extensive knowledge of not just how the technologies worked, but how each component interacted with each other. I really though that I did bad, but the interviewer intended the questions to be difficult; I only needed a 50% to pass. The third interview was with the manager of the team I would be working with; it was a very standard round of HR questions.

Interview Questions

• Q: Why do you want to work at Microsoft?   1 Answer

Senior Consultant Interview

Anonymous Employee in Hyderabad (India)

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2+ weeks. I interviewed at Microsoft (Hyderabad (India)) in February 2011.

Interview

Smooth process. recruiter called. Interview scheduled on time. Covered all 5 interviews in one day. It was mostly technical and scenario based. The experience was very good including travel and lunch provided. I was very satisfied. I got offer in 2 weeks.

Interview Questions

• Given a scenario need to create architectural diagram and justify the choices made   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Chicago, IL

Application

I applied online. The process took 3+ months. I interviewed at Microsoft (Chicago, IL) in April 2012.

Interview

Starts with a screening interview over the phone from Recruitment. Expect the typical questions here around your experience, career goals, and why you want to work for Microsoft. That's followed by a technical screening interview a week or two later. Finally, you'll be put through a full-day of interviews, usually 4 or 5, which is referred to as "Finals Day". You might have to wait a while before they schedule your Finals Day. These interviews will vary in nature but are mostly focused on your technical and consulting capabilities. While they don't tell you on the spot, you'll definitely know if you got the job at the end of the day or not, purely based on feedback from each interview. The entire process took a little over 3 months.

Interview Questions

• What makes Microsoft different from other Professional Services companies?   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Chicago, IL

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 3+ months. I interviewed at Microsoft (Chicago, IL) in December 2011.

Interview

Very long and very rigorous process.
    IF (and that is a big IF), you make it to "finals day," you can expect to have 3-7 interviews in that one day. (3 If they don't like you and up to 7 if they do like you.)

Senior Consultant Interview

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at Microsoft.

Interview

Full day interview. Met with approximately 4 employees in different roles including Technology and Management. They interview process was very positive. They interviewers made feel confortable.

Interview Questions

• How will I respond if while meeting with a client and client made negative comments about Microsoft or its products?   1 Answer

Senior Consultant Interview

Anonymous Employee in Bengaluru (India)

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Microsoft (Bengaluru (India)) in February 2013.

Interview

7 Rounds including 3 tech, manager, director , HR. Initial screening from recruiter followed by tech interview on phone, followed by face to face interviews. The job description mentioned a lot of technologies which would be next to impossible to master all. But the breadth and understanding of those was required.

Interview Questions

• Lot of breadth questions and over how customer can benefit from Microsoft technology, depth questions in your area of expertise   1 Answer

Negotiation

Was upfront with expectation and Microsoft surpassed my expectations.