Microsoft Senior Consultant Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Microsoft Senior Consultant Interview Questions

Updated Dec 27, 2016

3.6

Senior Consultant Interview

Anonymous Employee in Reading, England (UK)

Application

I applied online. The process took 6 weeks. I interviewed at Microsoft (Reading, England (UK)).

Interview

Applied online. Initial telephone interview with recruiter. He requested a 8 minute video answering 5 specific questions. After I passed this, I had a telephone interview with hiring manager. I then had a telephone interview with a senior member of the team. Finally I had an Assessment day where I presented a case study to a board of directors.

Interview Questions

• Why Microsoft? How would you approach resistance from people?   Answer Question

Other Interview Reviews for Microsoft

Senior Consultant Interview

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Microsoft.

Interview

Applied online and talked to a recruiter. Cut and dry. The recruiter told me about how the process works and what would be happening: tech screen followed by a face to face interview. The tech screen was done via phone and the face to face interview was with about 4 or 5 different people including a manager. We started early morning and finished mid-afternoon.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Charlotte, NC

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 3+ months. I interviewed at Microsoft (Charlotte, NC) in December 2015.

Interview

Was referred by someone on the team.(I've applied 5 times on their site,this was the only one that got a response even).3 Screening interviews spread over 2 months,last one site day-long at the end of month 3.Tech questions were very in depth/interesting.The onsite interviews were more personality related, was really hard to say what they were looking for.Repetitive questions on personal interests/hobbies/etc were somewhat tiresome.I did not make it although i got all their technical questions right and even had several interviewers say 'very good', 'awesome' etc. They said it was bcoz i did not agree to 70% travel,but i know another candidate who was picked who only agreed to 30%.I suspect it was some personality issue,or it was just an interview to satisfy hr needs of x interviews per candidate.Overall the experience was seriously long drawn and frustrating although perhaps not negative. I think for an interviewing process spread over 3 months the least they can do is to respond politely if you made it or not and give some feedback.(got neither). Not sure if i will apply any time soon again.

Anonymous Employee in Reston, VA

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 6+ weeks. I interviewed at Microsoft (Reston, VA) in August 2012.

Interview

Mostly questions with a technical focus on MS pltforms and products (Infrastructure and user level). Customer services secondary. Multiple phone calls with progressively higher technical roles prior to a manager, and a final's day with a group of managers.

Interview Questions

• Configuration / Customization of platform. Presented with a simulated technical requirements and business scenario.   1 Answer

Senior Consultant Interview

Application

The process took 4 days. I interviewed at Microsoft.

Interview

viele Gespräche mit vielen verschiedenen Personen aus unterschiedlichen Abteilungen, angenehmes Gesprächsklima, Interview in Englisch, auch Telefonkonferenzen mit USA, Feedback hat etwas länger gedauert, Lebenslauf in English und Deutsch vorbereiten, keine komplexen Fragen bzw. Fangfragen, sehr professionell

Interview Questions

• Stärken und Schwächen, frühere Positionen, warum ein Wechsel des bisherigen Jobs ansteht, warum sollte man mich einstellen, größte Herausforderung im bisherigen Job und wie wurde diese gemeistert, Fragen an den Gesprächspartner   1 Answer

Anonymous Employee in Reston, VA

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Microsoft (Reston, VA) in February 2013.

Interview

Phone screen with recruiter
    Technical phone screen with current employee
    Technical interview with 3-5 people for an entire day
    The technical interview is quite difficult however if you are familiar with the product you should do well. Do not attempt to talk about something you have limited knowledge of or blow smoke. They will only dig deeper until you can't answer the questions. It's not about how much you know - so don't try to prove you are the best.

Interview Questions

• Typical interview questions such as how you would handle situations but mainly focused on technical questions about the product you claim to be an expert on   Answer Question

Senior Consultant Interview

Anonymous Employee in Wellington (New Zealand)

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2+ weeks. I interviewed at Microsoft (Wellington (New Zealand)) in February 2011.

Interview

Lots of one on one interviews with senior technical staff that asked really hard questions. There were probably too many interviews and it took a long time to get feedback about the process

Anonymous Employee in Washington, DC

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Microsoft (Washington, DC) in October 2015.

Interview

The interview process took about 3 weeks. I was contacted by a recruiter via LinkedIn. First, I had a phone screen with one of the team members to gauge whether or not I would be a good culture fit. There were a couple of technical questions (nothing difficult) just to verify that I actually knew the things I had on my resume. After that, it took about two weeks for me to get schedule for the next round of interviews.

My finals day interview included sessions with three different people: two technical, one HR. Each interview lasted approximately an hour. The first technical screen wasn't too complicated, it just verified basic knowledge of the technologies I was being hired to work with. The second technical screen was incredibly difficult. The questions were worded very strangely, and required extensive knowledge of not just how the technologies worked, but how each component interacted with each other. I really though that I did bad, but the interviewer intended the questions to be difficult; I only needed a 50% to pass. The third interview was with the manager of the team I would be working with; it was a very standard round of HR questions.

Interview Questions

• Q: Why do you want to work at Microsoft?   1 Answer

Senior Consultant Interview

Anonymous Employee in Hyderabad (India)

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2+ weeks. I interviewed at Microsoft (Hyderabad (India)) in February 2011.

Interview

Smooth process. recruiter called. Interview scheduled on time. Covered all 5 interviews in one day. It was mostly technical and scenario based. The experience was very good including travel and lunch provided. I was very satisfied. I got offer in 2 weeks.

Interview Questions

• Given a scenario need to create architectural diagram and justify the choices made   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Chicago, IL

Application

I applied online. The process took 3+ months. I interviewed at Microsoft (Chicago, IL) in April 2012.

Interview

Starts with a screening interview over the phone from Recruitment. Expect the typical questions here around your experience, career goals, and why you want to work for Microsoft. That's followed by a technical screening interview a week or two later. Finally, you'll be put through a full-day of interviews, usually 4 or 5, which is referred to as "Finals Day". You might have to wait a while before they schedule your Finals Day. These interviews will vary in nature but are mostly focused on your technical and consulting capabilities. While they don't tell you on the spot, you'll definitely know if you got the job at the end of the day or not, purely based on feedback from each interview. The entire process took a little over 3 months.

Interview Questions

• What makes Microsoft different from other Professional Services companies?   Answer Question