Microsoft Senior Manager Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Microsoft Senior Manager Interview Questions

Updated Nov 28, 2016

3.5

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Boston, MA

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took a week. I interviewed at Microsoft (Boston, MA) in November 2016.

Interview

I was screened by a recruiter, then briefly interviewed by the hiring manager, who called 20 minutes early. I was called in for a face to face interview. I really felted like the entire process and time with every interviewer was rushed. I felt like they are trying to get their minorities interview numbers up.

Interview Questions

• Tel me about how you would approach new business opportunities?   Answer Question

Other Interview Reviews for Microsoft

Anonymous Employee in Redmond, WA

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Microsoft (Redmond, WA) in August 2014.

Interview

Full day of interviews. Was flown to Seattle within few days of first two interviews with the hiring manager and the recruiter. The day started with the recruiter who was very professional and represented the company well. Second interview was the hiring manager, who had interviewed me before. Then two interviews with cross-functional directors not related to the team I was being considered. Then I was told that I'll have a lunch with a peer or junior person from the team. The lunch is also an interview, of sorts, to see how a person carries herself/himself when with clients etc. I was told that the final interview might or might not happen with the Corporate VP of the group in the late evening. Basically, if there are red flags here, the candidate is let go. In my case, I was told to wait 2 hours so that the Corporate VP can see me.

Interview Questions

• Experienced executive level questions. Basically, tell the story of your experience.   Answer Question

Senior Manager Interview

Interview

4-5 people on the loop if you are external candidates

Senior Manager Interview

Interview

Several telephone interviews including the HR recruiter and the hiring manager. Full day of interviews, six in total, including 90 minute interview at lunch. Whole process took several months. Interviews were nice but a bit cryptic. Difficult to tell what they were after. Would have helped both parties too have been transparent about needs and capabilities.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Redmond, WA

Application

The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Microsoft (Redmond, WA) in September 2011.

Interview

I have worked at Microsoft for 3 years as a vendor, so I'm accustomed to the culture and the PROCESS involved with everything. The interview process was no different. It included a rather challenging phone screen with Recruiting (very specific acronyms specific to the role I was interviewing for), then a wait for 3 weeks before an interview loop of 6 Director level or higher members of the team/extended team I'd be working on. Then, another 3 weeks of waiting before being invited to interview with the GM. The rest of the process was as I would have expected, but I was disappointed in the 30 minute final interview. The GM was completely unprepared, had not looked at my resume and had no meaningful questions to ask me. This was disappointing since I had had SO long to prepare and could have answered anything that came my way. When I followed up with Recruiting I was told it would take at least 2 weeks before I'd have an answer. Fortunately, the HIring Manager (whom I had worked with previously) set up a meeting with me the following week to let me know why they had gone with another candidate. I was relieved rather than disappointed! The entire process did nothing to excite me about working at Microsoft.

Interview Questions

• I was asked to rank our competitors in certain categories (relevant to the role) and then asked to rank Microsoft in the same categories.   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Reston, VA

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Microsoft (Reston, VA) in August 2011.

Interview

Recruiter and then a group of interviews from the team you will hopefully work for

Interview Questions

• Tell me why you are the best candidate and who your leadership mentors are   1 Answer

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Redmond, WA

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Microsoft (Redmond, WA) in January 2011.

Interview

2 rounds of phone interview, followed by on-site loop. Senior interviewers tend to be scheduled in the afternoon and for those who have passed initial rounds. Each intervewer covers different area.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Reno, NV

Application

I applied through an employee referral. I interviewed at Microsoft (Reno, NV) in June 2009.

Interview

the hiring process was predictable. Lots of behavioral questions and focus on technical depth. no real Surprises

Interview Questions

• If you were at work and an emergency siren went off (while you were shredding confidential material) what would you do?   1 Answer

larger offer from competitor

Senior Manager Interview

Anonymous Employee in Tokyo (Japan)

Interview

Depends on the position and the division. Our division has the two step of interview, which are senior mgr and director.

Interview Questions

• How do you realize the big win in the cloud market? Could you tell us the way of sales scenario?   Answer Question

Senior Manager Interview

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Microsoft in June 2011.

Interview

First HR interview by phone, then followed by in person interview

Interview Questions

• Describe the case you can prove that you are a self motivator   Answer Question