Microsoft Interview Questions in Shanghai, Shanghai | Glassdoor

Microsoft Interview Questions in Shanghai, Shanghai

Updated Apr 22, 2017

3.2

Anonymous Employee in Shanghai, Shanghai (China)

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Microsoft (Shanghai, Shanghai (China)) in April 2017.

Interview

The interviewer will first let you introduce yourself briefly, and then he will ask you a few questions about your resume, like the project details you did. And then start the algorithm questions. Normally one interview will have only one to two questions, and will last for about 1 hour. And it takes me three interviews to get this internship.

Interview Questions

• write a function to turn int to string and another function to turn string to int. I.e. intToString(int n) and stringToInt(string s)   2 Answers

Anonymous Employee in Shanghai, Shanghai (China)

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Microsoft (Shanghai, Shanghai (China)) in October 2015.

Interview

one round phone interview, behavior quesitons and one brain teaser
    four rounds on-site interview, typical algorithm problems and system design question. No OS, network or other architecture problems. Final round we discussed my interest and future assignments.
    Two days to decide whether to take the offer.

Interview Questions

• three bags with apples, bananas, mixed of apples and bananas, each of them has wrong label. Figure out an optimal way to find the proper label of these three bags
      min distance between two nodes in a tree
      lru design

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Shanghai, Shanghai (China)

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Microsoft (Shanghai, Shanghai (China)) in April 2015.

Interview

1 round online written-test, 4 programming problems in 3 hours, some of them are very hard.
    2(+1) round online interview. Most of the time are spent on algorithm questions. Often they start with a easy problem then ask you to improve your solution.
    If everything goes well, interviewees will be asked to take the 3rd round interview.

Anonymous Employee in Shanghai, Shanghai (China)

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Microsoft (Shanghai, Shanghai (China)) in November 2014.

Interview

I had the interview in Shanghai Office since I did an intern job there. So I took the intern conversion interviews. Totally 3 rounds since I got strong recommend from my mentor. As far as I know, usually candidates are expected to take 4 rounds. The interviewers are nice. Each round,there is one algorithm or data structure problem, and it may last for about 20 minutes depending on the difficulty of the problem. Candidates are expected to code on the glass wall. The rest of time(totally 45 minutes for each round) they will discuss some technology points about your projects.

Interview Questions

• All are some algorithm problems. Like Integers to Roman. Word Ladders I. Nearest Common Ancestor.   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Shanghai, Shanghai (China)

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took a week. I interviewed at Microsoft (Shanghai, Shanghai (China)) in November 2014.

Interview

two telephone interview, two onsite interview. In the two telephone interview, the interviewers are all PM(I think), they asked me many things about my resume. In the onsite interview, the interviewers asked me two simple algorithms, very easy, they also asked me some system design questions.

Interview Questions

• Q: how to reverse a string?
      Q: Give an integer unsorted array, how to let every digital is bigger or smaller than its left and right digital. O(n) time cost.
      Q: Design a distributed system to handle real-time data.

Anonymous Employee in Shanghai, Shanghai (China)

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at Microsoft (Shanghai, Shanghai (China)) in April 2014.

Interview

Applied online and passed a online coding test, just questions normal coding interview questions. Then a online personality test which called SLA. After that I got a onsite interview on Microsoft Shanghai Campus. There are 3 technical interviews. The last two interviewer are very nice, while the first interviewer is anxious and arrogant. I did badly at the first, but did well for the next two.

Interview Questions

• There are 3 onsite technical interviews. All of them start with a 5 minutes self introduction and most favorite project as warm up. Technical questions for each round:
      1. How to detect whether two given linked list have common parts;
      2.Anagram and extended to deal with large scale case;
      3. Search for words in a random character matrix like a Gluttonous Snake game, given a dictionary of legal words for match, and required to analysis the time complexity.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Shanghai, Shanghai (China)

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at Microsoft (Shanghai, Shanghai (China)) in September 2013.

Interview

It's a long process and you need to prepare a lot. I was an intern so I attend the convertion program. And there are four rounds interviews in the convertion program.

Interview Questions

• interview will ask any computer science questions, deeper and deeper   Answer Question

User Experience Designer Intern Interview

Anonymous Employee in Shanghai, Shanghai (China)

Application

I applied online. The process took 3+ months. I interviewed at Microsoft (Shanghai, Shanghai (China)) in February 2013.

Interview

2 rounds of interview, first round is hr scanning, second round is future mentor and manager interview. Manager is asking more about behavioral questions and mentor asked more about detail on my portfolio. I am asked to present my portfolio first, and then they asked about the detail in my portfolio.

Support Escalation Engineer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Shanghai, Shanghai (China)

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Microsoft (Shanghai, Shanghai (China)) in September 2012.

Interview

1. communication.
    2. tech. memory management, process/thread sync. booting procedure, I/O
    3. background. school, previous job, role, what kind of project in?
    4. programming. test and some questions randomly selected from their database.
    5. manager
    6. director
    7. Hr for finally check if you willing to take this job. Then they will based on above to determine if give you an offer

Interview Questions

• 1. strong at ? weak at ?
      2. background introduction
      3. If good at communication.
      4. Willing to take challenge?
      5. How to do team work.

Senior Program Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Shanghai, Shanghai (China)

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at Microsoft (Shanghai, Shanghai (China)) in August 2012.

Interview

Referred by Senior HR Manager. Preliminary interview took place a couple of evenings later at city centre office with senior manager.

Called back to main campus a week later. First three interviews very professional. Technical questions, lots of white boarding. Had an interesting discussion with programmer about optimising code. he was wrong,but could have been looking for a reaction.

Fourth interview was over lunch with a manager. He turned up clutching lunchbox and confessed he'd forgotten he had a lunch interview. Headed to canteen and had generic interview style discussion. Returned to conference room where he confessed that he hadn't prepared any questions either. Still had good discussion about restructuring efforts and company culture. Throughout discussions, he referred to 5th interview with senior manager as if it was going to happen. Very positive.

At end of one hour, he left to find senior manager (the same that carried out preliminary interview) to hand over for 5th and final interview. Left me fairly sure that I was through to the 5th interview and that an offer was therefore likely. He returned 30 minutes later and apologised that they seemed to have some logistical problems and he had been unable to find 5th interviewer so they were going to cut the day short. Would be in touch.

Left, stunned and increasingly angry with the unprofessionalism of the 4th interviewer. Needless to say, have heard nothing further from the company.

Interview Questions

• Why do you want to work for Microsoft?   1 Answer